Misc. signings

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

31 year old, versatile forward Craig Smith signs with the Boston Bruins for 3 years at a 3.1M cap hit.

Not bad.
I feel the Bruins needed more higher end scoring (perhaps they are expecting some of their younger guys to be more consistent this coming season), and while Smith isn't that, he can be counted on to be at least a 30-35 point forward contributing as a top 9 guy with a variety of linemates.

He doesn't seem to care who he plays with, he provides solid play on the ice, doing a bit of everything well, takes care of the puck reasonably well, and even helps drive offense a bit, even if he isn't the one that puts it in the net.
Basically a pretty good Swiss Army knife type player.

I started a thread a few minutes ago with a lot of the day two signings as the wife/grandkids have been dominating my morning, lol. Thanks for keeping up on this.

Smith, as i wrote there is one of those underapreciated players, he is responsible in all three zones, can kill penalties, play second power play minutes, never takes a shift off, and at the end of the year he has 20-24 goals like punching a clock. Really, really like the signing.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 3:14 PM, yave1964 said:

Preds get in the mix adding underrated hard hitting shot blocker Mark Boroweicki for the back end and solid 4th liner Jesper Fast. Like both additions.

quoting myself a mistake i made, Fast was reported as being close to signing iwth the Preds yesterday and i jumped the gun. He didnt and today is a Huricane.

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

quoting myself a mistake i made, Fast was reported as being close to signing iwth the Preds yesterday and i jumped the gun. He didnt and today is a Huricane.

I see what you did there..... you reported things just a bit too..... Fast.... :shifty:
Back to the pumpkin patch with you!! :bigteeth:

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

Stars just inked RFA Faksa with a 5-year/$3.25M AAV. I was more or less expecting that kind of deal, though I'm a bit surprised with the duration. Not a bad deal, we noticed he missed a lot in the playoffs in the PK and faceoffs. Not spectacular but still an important key in the system.

Pysyk was also signed for a 1-year prove-it deal at $700k. Very good signing IMO as he can play both in defense and as a winger, which gives lot of flexibility.

As a consequence, Janmark is logically leaving as the only UFA forward. With Comeau, the Dick, Cogliano and Faska still in the team, it was redundant to keep him at a salary of more than $2M. Just a business decision.

This left the Stars with approx $7M available in cap space with Hintz and Gurianov to sign. I wish Nill good success in his grocery calculations.

By the way, Markström at 6-year/$6M ?!?! Have the Flames lost their minds ? Horrible contract that cracks the top-3 of worst signings with the TJ Brodie and the Anderson deals.

@Villette/Lavaux

I love Faksa, my kind of versatile player underrated, solid player with a moderately high ceiling. Good on the Stars to recognize what they have andlock him up.

Janmark, man i remember when the Wings traded him for the ghost of Eric Cole, i threw a fit at the time, we at the same deadline for Zidlicky gave the Predators Jankrok, two players with similar names and even similar styles who we gave up for more or less nothing. So frustrating. Instead of watching the two kids develop in our bottom six i have watched them grow with the Stars/Preds while the Wings have had guys like Abdelkader and Vanek stumble and bumble up the wing. Sigh, the dangers of trading prospects for a deadline add.