Like playoff hockey!

Guest yave1964

Wow what a game!! A few observations.

Pietrangelo had a horrid game. Drilled cleanly by Stuart led to a dumb penalty by chris Stewart and Datsyuk capitalized. Then got knocked down by Franzen before he stuffed in goal number two. Then got ran cleanly by Helm and Colaiocovo took areally, really dumb penalty which led to Kronwalls goal. He is on my fantasy team as my fourth defenseman, have never seen him look so confused and lost out there.

I understand Halak has been hot, but I was surprised Elliot wasnt in goal, he has played the Wings tough this year.

Jimmy Howard is reminding me more and more every game of an all time favorite of mine, Billy Smith. Since Pavelski and the constant snow showers last year he has found a level, and even though the Wings lost that series in seven you could see the intensity in Howards game grow and it has carried over this year. He has an intangible, his will to win and his god help you if you go into his crease mentality.

I know it is silly, but guys like him and vernon Fiddler when they were teamates on Nashville always killed us. Fiddler played us tough in the playoffs with Phoenix and Nichol did the same with San Jose. For some reasons those two seem to score 90 percent of their goals against us, or at least play our top lines so tough. Of course,I could probably grow to like them if they wore the winged wheel.

Is Chris Stewart facing a suspension? Suspended earlier this year for his cheap hit on Kronwall, he came off the bench and even tho the puck was a mile away from him went right after Brad Stuart. I know he is having a bad year and is trying to get out of Hitchcocks doghouse but that was cheap.

Is Chris Stewart facing a suspension? Suspended earlier this year for his cheap hit on Kronwall, he came off the bench and even tho the puck was a mile away from him went right after Brad Stuart. I know he is having a bad year and is trying to get out of Hitchcocks doghouse but that was cheap.

I really didn't like the fact that Stewart went after a non-fighter for a clean hit. There's a whole thread about this over on the Flyers Forum. http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/9251-3-hits-from-the-bruins-vs-flyers-1222012/

Cheap...absolutely. Suspension worthy...I don't think so.

I really didn't like the fact that Stewart went after a non-fighter for a clean hit. There's a whole thread about this over on the Flyers Forum. http://www.hockeyfor...flyers-1222012/

Cheap...absolutely. Suspension worthy...I don't think so.

Yeah, I cant argue that, cheap is the word. I really thought the Avalanche made a horrible deal trading him away but he has been a zero this year, Shattenkirk has been the steal.

No suspension. He came in off a clean line change and decided to skate the other way. The instigator penalty and the game misconduct are enough. He won the fight though, isn't that enough? :-)

As for the rest of the game, I don't know if I would jump immediately on the "playoff instensity" bandwagon. This game was intense, but it was missing some mysteriou playoff "X-factor." This smacks more of an intense "bitter" rivalry, much like with Colorado in the late 90s (which is dead by the way, held alive only by goofy media cooks looking for ratings). I like where this is going with Detroit and St. Louis.

I don't know if I would jump immediately on the "playoff instensity" bandwagon. This game was intense, but it was missing some mysteriou playoff "X-factor." This smacks more of an intense "bitter" rivalry...

That's kind of splitting hairs isn't it?

@Podein25

Maybe, but seeing the Wings in the playoffs and seeing the Wings during their bloody years with the Avalanche, there is definintely something different. During playoffs, both teams are looking ahead. In this, both teams are looking at each other. There appears to be no standings, no playoff contention, no points, it's just two clubs trying to beat each other, if all else fails.