The Leafs need Sam Bennett to make up for Kadri trade failure

Sam Bennett is the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs 3C woes. They will not win a cup with Kerfoot at center (or even on the team..). Bennett is a warrior and has everything they need to complete the strongest roster possible (I mean they still need 1 more shutdown RD of course).

Just last year there were rumors that the Leafs and Flames were looking to swap Barrie for Bennett so it's not far-fetched. 

If Dubas doesn't go hard after this guy it will be a real shame..There is no other way to fix the Kadri failure other than by acquiring Sam Bennett. I would forgive that massive blunder if he pulled it off..

Plus he's a GTA boy!

COME ON DUBEY, JUST A FEW MORE PIECES!

He's averaging around 30 points a season, that's all you need out of a 3C. He's defensively responsible and plays the game like a mack truck. He's everything the Leafs are missing since that Kadri fail trade. This is the kind of guy that you need in the playoffs and I think it's only a matter of time before he breaks out offensively. 

Leafs wanna get harder to play against, this guy is probably one of the hardest in the league to play against. We'd be scary with him in the lineup along with the addictions from this off-season. 

Kerfoot is a diminutive ghost and is more expensive. 

35 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Bennett has been given several chances and he seems to be a bust. Kerfoot is already a better player.

May I ask why you think Bennett is a great 3c? 4c maybe

He's decent on face offs...defensively responible and has 11 goals and 19 pts in 30 career playoff games...not to shabby. I agree with Zippity...he would make a solid 3C.

Yeah, I dunno... Bennett IS harder to play against, but it's not like it results in the Flames getting more goals than they give up when he's on the ice. He and Kerfoot have very similar numbers in that regard. As he's developed, Bennett has been given less and less ice time; less and less responsibility. That doesn't really scream "last piece of the puzzle" to me, if Kerfoot has been swapped for Bennett.

It wouldn't be a bad move, imo, but I just don't think it would move the needle that much.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:22 AM, ZippityDooda said:

Sam Bennett is the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs 3C woes. They will not win a cup with Kerfoot at center (or even on the team..). Bennett is a warrior and has everything they need to complete the strongest roster possible (I mean they still need 1 more shutdown RD of course).

Just last year there were rumors that the Leafs and Flames were looking to swap Barrie for Bennett so it's not far-fetched. 

If Dubas doesn't go hard after this guy it will be a real shame..There is no other way to fix the Kadri failure other than by acquiring Sam Bennett. I would forgive that massive blunder if he pulled it off..

Plus he's a GTA boy!

COME ON DUBEY, JUST A FEW MORE PIECES!

Losing Kadri clearly brought the Leafs down a notch. There was no fear factor whatsoever in playing Toronto because nobody on this roster will throw a bodycheck. 

I'm in favour of any move that would toughen up the Leafs and get rid of some of these floaty/primadonna types that are too easily pushed around. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:09 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Losing Kadri clearly brought the Leafs down a notch. There was no fear factor whatsoever in playing Toronto because nobody on this roster will throw a bodycheck. 

I'm in favour of any move that would toughen up the Leafs and get rid of some of these floaty/primadonna types that are too easily pushed around. 

Nylander and a 1st for Bennett. You said any move.