Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

ZippityDooda

The Leafs need Sam Bennett to make up for Kadri trade failure

Recommended Posts

Sam Bennett is the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs 3C woes. They will not win a cup with Kerfoot at center (or even on the team..). Bennett is a warrior and has everything they need to complete the strongest roster possible (I mean they still need 1 more shutdown RD of course).

 

Just last year there were rumors that the Leafs and Flames were looking to swap Barrie for Bennett so it's not far-fetched. 

 

If Dubas doesn't go hard after this guy it will be a real shame..There is no other way to fix the Kadri failure other than by acquiring Sam Bennett. I would forgive that massive blunder if he pulled it off..

 

Plus he's a GTA boy!

 

COME ON DUBEY, JUST A FEW MORE PIECES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bennett has been given several chances and he seems to be a bust. Kerfoot is already a better player.

 

May I ask why you think Bennett is a great 3c? 4c maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's averaging around 30 points a season, that's all you need out of a 3C. He's defensively responsible and plays the game like a mack truck. He's everything the Leafs are missing since that Kadri fail trade. This is the kind of guy that you need in the playoffs and I think it's only a matter of time before he breaks out offensively. 

 

Leafs wanna get harder to play against, this guy is probably one of the hardest in the league to play against. We'd be scary with him in the lineup along with the addictions from this off-season. 

 

Kerfoot is a diminutive ghost and is more expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Bennett has been given several chances and he seems to be a bust. Kerfoot is already a better player.

 

May I ask why you think Bennett is a great 3c? 4c maybe

He's decent on face offs...defensively responible and has 11 goals and 19 pts in 30 career playoff games...not to shabby. I agree with Zippity...he would make a solid 3C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I dunno... Bennett IS harder to play against, but it's not like it results in the Flames getting more goals than they give up when he's on the ice. He and Kerfoot have very similar numbers in that regard. As he's developed, Bennett has been given less and less ice time; less and less responsibility. That doesn't really scream "last piece of the puzzle" to me, if Kerfoot has been swapped for Bennett.

 

It wouldn't be a bad move, imo, but I just don't think it would move the needle that much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZippityDooda said:

 

 

 

I just came here to say..."my oh my it's a wonderful day!"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 

I just came here to say..."my oh my it's a wonderful day!"

 

There needs to be a user called ZippityDay first!  You have to hang onto that joke for a little while longer lol.  ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 7:22 AM, ZippityDooda said:

Sam Bennett is the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs 3C woes. They will not win a cup with Kerfoot at center (or even on the team..). Bennett is a warrior and has everything they need to complete the strongest roster possible (I mean they still need 1 more shutdown RD of course).

 

Just last year there were rumors that the Leafs and Flames were looking to swap Barrie for Bennett so it's not far-fetched. 

 

If Dubas doesn't go hard after this guy it will be a real shame..There is no other way to fix the Kadri failure other than by acquiring Sam Bennett. I would forgive that massive blunder if he pulled it off..

 

Plus he's a GTA boy!

 

COME ON DUBEY, JUST A FEW MORE PIECES!

 

Losing Kadri clearly brought the Leafs down a notch. There was no fear factor whatsoever in playing Toronto because nobody on this roster will throw a bodycheck. 

 

I'm in favour of any move that would toughen up the Leafs and get rid of some of these floaty/primadonna types that are too easily pushed around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 4
      Post
      I just came here to say..."my oh my it's a wonderful day!"

Game Room 1

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...