Horton likely has mild concussion (from Sestito hit)

Guest Digityman

Here's the video and the breakdown if you haven't seen it --> http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/9251-3-hits-from-the-bruins-vs-flyers-1222012/

After the Boston Bruins met with President Obama on Monday at the White House, general manager Peter Chiarelli said that forward Nathan Horton likely has a mild concussion and is listed as day-to-day.

“I don’t have an official update other than I think it’s a mild concussion from what I heard and what I saw last night,” Chiarelli said. “I talked to him again today and these things are day-to-day. It may not be, there’s that gray area between when you take your impact tests and you see how it is the next day, the following day and then you make that determination. He’s in that gray area.”

Early in the second period of Sunday’s shootout victory over Philadelphia, Flyers forward Tom Sestito came in with a high hit on Horton. Horton stayed in the game for the rest of the period but sat out the third.

Horton, of course, suffered a severe concussion in Game 3 of last year's Stanley Cup finals and missed the rest of the series. He struggled at the beginning of this season and admitted that effects of the concussion may have been partly to blame.