Flyers: 2020-21 Phantoms/Prospect info/update

OccamsRazor

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Need to supply him with some GEAR or SARMs to speed this process up he seems to need some help in this area.

I hope things get back to normal or closer to it so they can play in juniors next year.

Since they are besties he and Patrick would make a very nice trade package...

Yes Sanheim needs a good couple of Roid cycles to gain some size and maybe pummel someone in a roid rage.

The thing is Wisdom and Foerester are doing so well in the AHL that going back to juniors might set them back. They are playing good minutes against better competition and both are pretty big  for their age, so they are not getting pushed around like some smaller guys would.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Wisdom and Foerester are doing so well in the AHL that going back to juniors might set them back. They are playing good minutes against better competition and both are pretty big  for their age

Sure i guess that is on Chuck to decide but if their entry level contracts don't slide they want to send them back to juniors anyways to push it back before starting.

But right now there are bigger fish to fry with this club.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure i guess that is on Chuck to decide but if their entry level contracts don't slide they want to send them back to juniors anyways to push it back before starting.

But right now there are bigger fish to fry with this club.

Yeah , I forgot about the contract stuff. So hopefully if they do go back to juniors next year maybe they will be NHL ready half way through the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

For all the people who think going back to junior will ruin players...over all the years I've heard this I'm yet to hear of a single case that it did. Rushing them up? There's plenty.

I hope things get closer to normal next year so the kids can get back to juniors instead of having to play in the AHL.....but it is very good to see them playing well and holding their own there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope things get closer to normal next year so the kids can get back to juniors instead of having to play in the AHL.....but it is very good to see them playing well and holding their own there.

It's awesome to see them play this way. But most kids that age will inevitably hit a wall. 

I can't wait for normal.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

For all the people who think going back to junior will ruin players...over all the years I've heard this I'm yet to hear of a single case that it did. Rushing them up? There's plenty.

What if they already played a year in the AHL and played very well, does sending them back to juniors help them since they played a year against bigger stronger competition? Wisdom and Foerester seem like they are definitely ready to play in the AHL ,unless they hit a wall later in the season.

48 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

What if they already played a year in the AHL and played very well, does sending them back to juniors help them since they played a year against bigger stronger competition? Wisdom and Foerester seem like they are definitely ready to play in the AHL ,unless they hit a wall later in the season.

Well it isn't going to set them back and if anything it may give the the confidence that they know they can play in the pro league and they come out and set their leagues on fire next year and then well they will be ready for the jump to the next level.

In my mind you always want to see the kids show they can dominate at their current level and are ready for an increase of competition and that is what next year will show us i think.

And as @flyercanuck you never hear of a story of guys spending too much time in juniors setting them back but you know countless stories of kids making the jump to soon setting them back and in some cases ruining their confidence and their development.

One more year of juniors for them will do them some good.

5 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Therein lies the problem with rushing prospects. Some will look like they're ready as teenagers/twenty year olds. They stay up and look good then hit that wall. Some rebound, some lose their confidence. Hextall had his issues with certain things but rushing prospects was certainly not one of them. 

• Like 1

Forester and Wisdom have looked good in Lehigh Valley.  If there's ever a time to discuss the OHL/NHL agreement, now would be it. They've both played really well in Lehigh and it's clear they're ready for the next level. Add in York to the mix and this group could be something special,  provided Schmuck Felcher,  Nature Boy and Vigneault don't ruin them. 

24 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Forester and Wisdom have looked good in Lehigh Valley.  If there's ever a time to discuss the OHL/NHL agreement, now would be it. They've both played really well in Lehigh and it's clear they're ready for the next level. Add in York to the mix and this group could be something special,  provided Schmuck Felcher,  Nature Boy and Vigneault don't ruin them. 

And also Allison,  so even if a couple of these guys make it next year, we instantly gain some toughness,skill and size and players with a much needed shooters mentality.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, flyercanuck said:

Therein lies the problem with rushing prospects. Some will look like they're ready as teenagers/twenty year olds. They stay up and look good then hit that wall. Some rebound, some lose their confidence. Hextall had his issues with certain things but rushing prospects was certainly not one of them. 

i think that's what has been hurting this team because alot of the young players have hit a wall.

15 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i think that's what has been hurting this team because alot of the young players have hit a wall.

While I agree partially...I don't think they're getting much help from the vets. Voracek and JVR aren't exactly the benchmark I want the kids work ethic to be set at.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Voracek and JVR aren't exactly the benchmark I want the kids work ethic to be set at.

I know he has already tainted them by telling them they don't have to play for 60 minutes, just when you do decide to play just play hard for how every long you feel like playing...

...that isn't going to leave a good impression.

All of this discussion on this page is a great reason why there needs to be a serious organization overhaul this off-season. There's no alignment on how to get prospects to the next level, the kids are being taught different in Lehigh Valley than what's going on with the big club and it's completely different systems and terminology. 

The Flyers really need to blow things up this off-season and rebuild properly.  No more retooling or restructuring.  It's a full on teardown and rebuild. Identify the new core going forward (and right now, from the forwards, I only keep Konecny and Farabee, while the defense is Provorov and goal is Hart) and rebuild from there. I even listen to offers on Couturier at this point. 

Go young, go fast, go skilled, go tough and physical. That should be the development and drafting path going forward.  You can be the Broadstreet Bullies 2.0 without the fighting. As well, tough just doesn't mean physically tough, it means mentally tough as well. In terms of leadership, get guys in there who losing more than they love winning. That's how to fix the Flyers. 

So I noticed Noah Cates has yet to sign so was this signing of his brother a ploy to get Noah to sign now too???

Jackson Cates has signed an ELC with the Flyers. He is the brother of 2017 draft pick Noah Cates. Jackson, a 23 year old center, put up 27 points (11G, 16A) in 28 games in his junior year for UMD this season.

Prospect watch:

Connor McClennon scored two goals last night including this snipe from the slot. He is currently on a 9-game point streak. For the season, he's up to 23 points (10G, 13A) in 16 games.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

On 4/14/2021 at 8:15 AM, OccamsRazor said:

So I noticed Noah Cates has yet to sign so was this signing of his brother a ploy to get Noah to sign now too???

Jackson Cates has signed an ELC with the Flyers. He is the brother of 2017 draft pick Noah Cates. Jackson, a 23 year old center, put up 27 points (11G, 16A) in 28 games in his junior year for UMD this season.

I have read Noah is considering staying in school to try to win an NCAA championship. 

Can't really fault him for that. I didn't think he was pulling a Vesey, or Kalynuck.