I am qualified!

Here's my game plan

run, run, run , run

if its third and long, PASS

If its 4th and less than a yard, I go for it, otherwise I punt

Roll out my QB to give him options

Run, run, run, run - - - - 

Can't.

This offensive line is awful. It’s why the screen game stinks, screens require precise timing. It’s why the run gets stuffed. It’s the main reason why quarterback Carson Wentz has been sacked 46 times, almost 25% more than the No. 2 turf-eater, Russell Wilson.

It’s even a reason why Pederson is reluctant to move the pocket and roll Wentz out to the right - - - defenses expect that, Wentz said, and load up their left edge to squash it.

It's a re-reconstituted offensive line because, vs Seattle, our Eagles used a 10th combination of linemen in 11 games, the most combinations in the NFL this season. It looks like they’ll use an 11th version in their 12th game Sunday vs GB, as Jack Driscoll saw practice time at right tackle this week.

Why not run it? Because, when Pederson called the eight running plays for Miles Sanders and Boston Scott vs Seattle, they netted 22 yards. That’s 2.8 yards per carry. Sanders’ first four runs went for zero, 1, 8, and zero yards.

Sanders is a great RB, but, he had no path to success. Neither does Pederson. Not with this offensive offensive line.

1 hour ago, Zzeke said:

If I may enter this conversation  - - why trade either Laughton or Patrick?

Anyone like this 2020-21 23-player roster?

the main crux of this topic is what to do if 2021 is cancelled. The Laughton trade discussion came about from me throwing it in at the end of an off topic Eagles post, to try to keep us from getting sidetracked

that said, it is an interesting discussion IMO. The only reason to keep SL over Patrick is the injury concern

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Laughton is who he is. He's a nice player, with some scoring touch and physicality to his game. Patrick has a lot of potential, but then there's the injury issues. I feel like many of the same people who want to defend Wentz, and his issues with injury (yes, OK he hasn't been injured RECENTLY), are the same ones who don't want to perhaps...dare I say, sell high on Patrick just because he was the #2 pick in the draft. If Patrick was THE missing piece for the Flyers, I would say keep him. They need help at wing, a physical defenseman...  Point is, they could fill a need by trading him. You can play Frost, instead, for example. I think he's going to be a REALLY good player.

if NP could bring a significant return in trade, I'd do it

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

the main crux of this topic is what to do if 2021 is cancelled. The Laughton trade discussion came about from me throwing it in at the end of an off topic Eagles post, to try to keep us from getting sidetracked

that said, it is an interesting discussion IMO. The only reason to keep SL over Patrick is the injury concern

Ooops. Sorry.

Good topic. Good work by you.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Run, run, run, run - - - - 

Can't.

This offensive line is awful. It’s why the screen game stinks, screens require precise timing. It’s why the run gets stuffed. It’s the main reason why quarterback Carson Wentz has been sacked 46 times, almost 25% more than the No. 2 turf-eater, Russell Wilson.

It’s even a reason why Pederson is reluctant to move the pocket and roll Wentz out to the right - - - defenses expect that, Wentz said, and load up their left edge to squash it.

It's a re-reconstituted offensive line because, vs Seattle, our Eagles used a 10th combination of linemen in 11 games, the most combinations in the NFL this season. It looks like they’ll use an 11th version in their 12th game Sunday vs GB, as Jack Driscoll saw practice time at right tackle this week.

Why not run it? Because, when Pederson called the eight running plays for Miles Sanders and Boston Scott vs Seattle, they netted 22 yards. That’s 2.8 yards per carry. Sanders’ first four runs went for zero, 1, 8, and zero yards.

Sanders is a great RB, but, he had no path to success. Neither does Pederson. Not with this offensive offensive line.

Disagree. Sanders averages over 6 yards per carry. Boston Scott is top 20 in YPC. Pedersen abandons the run because he is a horrible coach who has to prove the will be successful with his type of game calling

Dont use one game as your sample size

Back to Flyers...... I'm still trading  Laughton

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zzeke said:

defenses expect that

Defenses don't expect them to roll Wentz out the pocket.

Because in order to "expect it" you know you have to actually do it. And Doug doesn't call those types of plays maybe once or twice a game that is it, and when he does it works.

Wentz is one of the most accurate QB this dreadful season when he is outside the pocket.

The problem is Doug's lack of play calling and feel for the game, knowing when to run and most importantly staying with mixing it in there.

You can't win with a line struggling to pass protect and WR not getting open and then when they do Wentz not getting the ball by passing 57 times a game that is how many times Wentz was asked to do that last game.

And Sanders got 6 carries!!! 6!!!!

Embarrassing.

Run the damn ball.

Help the team and Defense out.

Put me down as another one of the minority that believe Patrick's a bust.  I wasn't impressed with him when he was healthy.  If he had been drafted late in the first and played that way I would've been OK with him, but as it is, he's the most disappointing second overall pick in 25 years.  With JVR a distant second on that list.

17 hours ago, FD19372 said:

You could wait too long, he get seriously injured..

This could happen to anyone, at any time.  It could happen to Hayes, or any other player being paid.

So you'll forgive me for not giving this much consideration.

A thing that I think many folks are doing is equating the migraine disorder with CTE/concussions. 

I do not know very much about either thing, but I do know they are different.

I do know many migraines are caused by scalp tension, so simply learning to relax can be helpful. 

Not knowing what his actual diagnosis is, makes it impossible for me to have an informed opinion on what his health prospects are and whether or not he's Sam Morin 2.0 or will live up to his 1b draft status.  

I think he'll play, remain healthy and be pretty good. Just like that the Flyers are Couturier, Hayes, Patrick, Laughton/Lacsynski/Frost down the middle. That's some big, strong, dudes with skill down the middle, that's nice. That's "how do you want to play it?" depth.

Another question, what need does a Patrick trade fill ? realistically

He's not pulling a Niskanen replacement, he's not pulling a unicorn scorer. 

It won't kill the team to see what he is. 

• Good Post 1

48 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This could happen to anyone, at any time.  It could happen to Hayes, or any other player being paid.

So you'll forgive me for not giving this much consideration

I think the pressing issue is that NP has a long history of injuries , even before coming to the Flyers

Can anyone sustain a career ending unjury at anytime? Yes

Is it more likely that a guy with a long history of injuries gets hurt again, and it hamper his ability and career? Yes

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I think the pressing issue is that NP has a long history of injuries , even before coming to the Flyers

Can anyone sustain a career ending unjury at anytime? Yes

Is it more likely that a guy with a long history of injuries gets hurt again, and it hamper his ability and career? Yes

that's fair.

As we know past performance doesn't always translate to present and future success, same can be said for injuries, could it not?

For example, I don't know if in Sam Morin's case how many of his injuries could be considered "freak" in nature and how many are a result of his genetics maybe dealing him a ****** hand when it comes to his leg joints.

Are the injuries that Patrick sustained one offs ? "that dude speared him and broke his ribs"  or are they chronic?

It's possible for the player to outgrow his fragility as his body matures. 

i would like folks to consider this:

He's had a full year off from playing. Time for his body to heal properly from his orthopedic injuries, his migraine disorder has been diagnosed and is being treated. This season may be the first time we get to see what and how good the player can be.

I know there's been an impression set that he is a bust.

I don't buy into it, and I think selling low, gaining a middling player in return for him would be, at it's best, a worse move than the Schenn JvR trade.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Tomlin is worse than Peterson, It looks like he's a great coach only because of the " pity factor."

What? Pity factor? I don't understand.

One team is undefeated.

The other team can't even beat their meat.

And you would rather have the latter coach.

Man i'll have what you're smoking or drinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

yeah really, 8 playoff runs, 6 division championships, 2 superbowl trips 1 win...

The Steelers have been consistently top 10 in the  league while he's been there. 

I can only think there's something about the way Mike looks that notfonda doesn't like.

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I can only think there's something about the way Mike looks that notfonda doesn't like

Or its the typical Pissburg fan, knowing they are on top and the Eagles suck, trying to get attention

"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

Its why I hate the those fans, even more than Cowboy fans.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

One team is undefeated.

The other team can't even beat their meat.

And you would rather have the latter coach.

Man i'll have what you're smoking or drinking

The Steelers where founded in 1933. They had 8 winning seasons until 1971. 

From 1933 to 1969 the NFL had at most 16 teams. In this time, the Steelers managed 1 playoff game. A 21-0 loss to the Eagles. They had consolation game  in 1962. A 10-7 loss to the Lions.

Since 1972 the Steelers had 8 Super Bowl appearance winning ( cough) 6 of them. How many playoff appearances have they had since 1972? 

Here is a team that could not draft well till the merger.  ( LC Greenwood should have been drafted by the Cowboys. Joe Greene should have been drafted by the Eagles.) The NFL will not admit to this I honestly believe the league helps them in the draft. ( Possibly paying teams not to take certain players.) 

If the playing field was level the Steelers would not sniff the playoffs. There is no way on God's green earth the Steelers go undefeated. The only way the Steelers do/ did what they've done is with the pity factor.

1 minute ago, notfondajane said:

The Steelers where founded in 1933. They had 8 winning seasons until 1971. 

From 1933 to 1969 the NFL had at most 16 teams. In this time, the Steelers managed 1 playoff game. A 21-0 loss to the Eagles. They had consolation game  in 1962. A 10-7 loss to the Lions.

Since 1972 the Steelers had 8 Super Bowl appearance winning ( cough) 6 of them. How many playoff appearances have they had since 1972? 

Here is a team that could not draft well till the merger.  ( LC Greenwood should have been drafted by the Cowboys. Joe Greene should have been drafted by the Eagles.) The NFL will not admit to this I honestly believe the league helps them in the draft. ( Possibly paying teams not to take certain players.) 

If the playing field was level the Steelers would not sniff the playoffs. There is no way on God's green earth the Steelers go undefeated. The only way the Steelers do/ did what they've done is with the pity factor.

Schools are not in session. No one needs an irrelevant history lesson about a football team we don't car about, in the thread about ice hockey

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Or its the typical Pissburg fan, knowing they are on top and the Eagles suck, trying to get attention

"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"

Its why I hate the those fans, even more than Cowboy fans.

I despise the Steelers. The organization is not as good as the Steelers say they are. They could not put a team on the field until we the merger. By some miracle they were able to since the merger. There is be some where.

7 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I despise the Steelers. The organization is not as good as the Steelers say they are. They could not put a team on the field until we the merger. By some miracle they were able to since the merger. There is be some where.

So go complain about them in a football forum