HF.net All Star FHL - Official 2021 Season Thread

pilldoc

This is what I ended up with.
Decided to do things a bit different and go with quite a bit of youth or guys who haven't quite hit their ceilings yet, with some vets sprinkled in.
Hopefully, my goaltending situation stays healthy, and Collin Delia improves upon the flashes he has shown over the last two seasons with the Hawks.
2019484285_GreenStarBlades.thumb.jpg.89c6ebe306e1eef86771c4e02acbd590.jpg

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Are we not able to drop/add without going through waivers?    It's listing everyone not on a roster as waivers instead of free agent and making me wait 2 days before an add takes effect.    Just checking that this isn't just temporary or by mistake.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Are we not able to drop/add without going through waivers?    It's listing everyone not on a roster as waivers instead of free agent and making me wait 2 days before an add takes effect.    Just checking that this isn't just temporary or by mistake.

heading to bed... will check first thing in AM. I did not change any of those settings when I renewed the league. Thanks for heads up.

I will post my evaluation of my draft tomorrow....

I never know how to feel about the draft.   I'm conditioned to think it needs help.    But, I'll post it here.

I wasn't thinking about all of my goalies being in the east division.   That will present a problem.   Otherwise, probably a middle-pack team.

image.thumb.png.eda67e59b07c5968296f8d07945b9dd5.png

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I see what you mean ...

image.png.2ffebe2f67816ecd5c77695cf870afc2.png

This is the setting....

image.png.fdb5d98e1d04027508e470c0614fa583.png

image.png.d009842f08a5a8134abe840020119e4b.png

Once a player clears waivers they should be a FA.

I wonder if there is a waiting period after the draft until the players become FA.  That is both strange and odd.  Must be the stupid Yahoo monkeys.  Looks like we all have to wait until Dec.30th.  Sorry. :( 

I will follow up tomorrow to make sure all players not drafted go to FA.

Again thanks for the heads up .....

So with regards to my team ...... I have no clue how I will fare.  In a league with such seasoned GM's as ours, top players disappear very quickly.  I had several targeted players all go a couple of spots ahead of me.  That is just the luck of the draw...

Onto my team ....

image.thumb.png.aab329119cbf24aa461d1b37eeefa88d.png

I wanted to seasoned netminders and quickly jumped on two as I know then tend to be drafted quickly in our league.  Hellboy is, IMO, a top 3 goalie in this league.  I went with Lehner as Vegas has the most off day starts including Wed/Sun.  As a bonus, Vegas only has 6 B2B games therefore Lehner should get around 35-40 starts this year.

I tend to go after players with lots of peripherals and this year is no different.  I should be near the top of the league in PIM/Blocked Shots/FOW/Hits.  I lack Goals but should be ok in Assists.  GWG is a crap shoot.

In a shortened season such as this and teams only playing within their own division, I wanted to make sure I had the peripherals covered in case some players struggled out of the gate.

My goal as always is to field a competitive team to hopefully reach the playoffs....if I did that or not is to be seen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pilldoc said:

heading to bed... will check first thing in AM. I did not change any of those settings when I renewed the league. Thanks for heads up.

I will post my evaluation of my draft tomorrow....

this waiver thing is bizarre

• Like 1

Crap!!!!!  I am first to hit the injury bug before the puck even drops ....  I just took a HUGE hit at the Center position.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/30617824/chicago-blackhawks-jonathan-toews-indefinitely-illness

Toews is out indefinitely. :( I could just cry .........

Edited by pilldoc

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Crap!!!!!  I am first to hit the injury bug before the puck even drops ....  I just took a HUGE hit at the Center position.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/30617824/chicago-blackhawks-jonathan-toews-indefinitely-illness

I guess that means I dodged one.... I had Toews on my draft list till you grabbed him.

14 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Its strange. Its some sort of illness that is leaving him feeling drained and lethargic. hopefully nothing serious and they figure it out .

My team autodrafted and I have 4 guys on my IR already. including Landeskog and Pastrnak. Suter and Gallagher also with the O. Marchand has the O but It sounds like he may be fine soon. Been tweaking my team this Morning.

Surprised as hell Pekka Rinne was available but i guess Saros is splitting the net with him. Ill still take him over Halak. Dubnyk on the sharks, well, can't be much worse than Jones was last year. Usually Dubnyk comes with fire under his ass his first year on a new team. Was surprised I got Sorokin and he is untestedd but ill keep him and see.

Overall, for an autodraft i can't complain. Panarin, Bergeron, Aho, Pastrnak,  Guentzel. marchand. Palat if he can stay healthy.

My defense sucks.

Some minor tweaks should balance me out a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Was surprised I got Sorokin and he is untestedd but ill keep him and see.

Sorokin is an intriguing option.  Being 25 yo, he is not green and not entirely untested as he brings almost 9 years of playing in the KHL.  His last 5 years he played for CSKA Moscow - a pretty solid club, albeit no match for NHL.  I can see him competing with Varlamov and if not winning the #1 job, at least stealing a lion share of starts from him. 

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Was surprised I got Sorokin and he is untestedd but ill keep him and see.

I was actually going to draft him under the assumption Varly misses a good portion of the season and the thought Sorokin will steal the cease at that point.

You drafted just ahead of me in some rounds and I was sure you were at the wheel.  Often HF had taken my first choice, but several times your droid took my backup.

When the draft was done, and I took a bigger picture look at your team I was fairly sure you autodrafted. Goalies and especially your defense didn't seem to have your signature.

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Sorokin is an intriguing option.  Being 25 yo, he is not green and not entirely untested as he brings almost 9 years of playing in the KHL.  His last 5 years he played for CSKA Moscow - a pretty solid club, albeit no match for NHL.  I can see him competing with Varlamov and if not winning the #1 job, at least stealing a lion share of starts from him. 

Completely agree with this.  I ultimately went with Blackwood at the last minute.  Not sure I made the right call.

15 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I was actually going to draft him under the assumption Varly misses a good portion of the season and the thought Sorokin will steal the cease at that point.

You drafted just ahead of me in some rounds and I was sure you were at the wheel.  Often HF had taken my first choice, but several times your droid took my backup.

When the draft was done, and I took a bigger picture look at your team I was fairly sure you autodrafted. Goalies and especially your defense didn't seem to have your signature.

If i were drafting, i would have been blowing up chat like I always do lol.

As It stands, im worried now about NAHANA. It says the draft is set for 1PM saturday and I work 10 to 6. I might be missing that one.

36 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

If i were drafting, i would have been blowing up chat like I always do lol.

As It stands, im worried now about NAHANA. It says the draft is set for 1PM saturday and I work 10 to 6. I might be missing that one.

Rad mentioned this date was just a place holder for now.  The actual draft day & time in NAHANA wasn't picked yet.... as far as I know.  We may need to ping Rad for the final time as we are getting close to the NHL season.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Rad mentioned this date was just a place holder for now.  The actual draft day & time in NAHANA wasn't picked yet.... as far as I know.  We may need to ping Rad for the final time as we are getting close to the NHL season.

Agree... weeknights around 7 pm are best for me except Friday evening. (I work)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Yeah, I think rad is gunning for an evening.   I'm likely good whenever, but evenings are definitely better.

• Like 2

Feels weird making moves ALREADY before the season even starts, but I felt I had to do one.

Goalie is a bit strange this season because of the compressed schedule so backups will more important than ever in many cases.
Varlamov and Holtby, whom I have should be the de factor starters for their teams, although their backups are gonna see substantial ice time I think too.

I drafted Collin Delia in Chicago because his competition is....well, Malcolm Subban.... yea, not much competition there.
And I have seen Delia play, and he isn't bad, especially given the rough situation with the Hawks.

However, given the big injuries Chicago already has, on TOP of Chicago not being a particularly playoff bound team to begin with, and I can see Chicago goaltenders taking a beating this season!

Don't want any part of that, so decided to roll the dice a bit and replace Delia with rookie Kaapo Kahkonen of the Wild.

I am NOT very high on the Wild making much noise this season, but I think their overall team is structured a bit better than the Hawks, they don't have the significant injuries Chicago does, and sooner, rather than later, the Minnesota Wild are going to find that the tandem of Cam Talbot and Alex Stalock (Stalock may not even start the season with the team due to some nagging injury), isn't going to cut it.....

Enter Kaapo.
I think at this point, he is worth a roster spot on my team, transitioning Wild team be damned.
He has pretty much done everything there is to do in the AHL, I don't see why he couldn't play in the big leagues and at LEAST spell Alex Stalock and do something of a timeshare with Cam Talbot

We will see.

I thought we were to have 4 IR+ slots.

Every once in awhile I see four, though I can't save it that way. More commonly, I see only two.

Which is correct?  If it's four, any suggestions why this is happening and what I'm doing wrong?