HF.net All Star FHL - Official 2021 Season Thread

pilldoc

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

1-14-3 in my matchup against the Halifax Sharkienados

Lost games due to PPD dates, Covid protocols....but bottom line was, my goalies, outside of Chris Dreidger, got blown up, and my offense and perhipherals weren't anywhere near where they needed to be.

Oh well.
We all have that one week or two that we just completely flush down the toilet....this was mine.
At least I was sitting pretty high up in the number one seat so my losses won't bury me, just bring some teams past me a bit.

As long as it doesn't happen in the playoffs..... :)

Welcome to the club ...I was down 1-13 at one point to @ruxpin.  At least today I was able to scratch 4 more Cats in my favor and if it wasn't for Dibrincat scoring in OT I might have stole another goalie Cat.  OH well...like you said ...at least it was not the playoffs ....

• Like 1

Kind of a three way trade with Nasty Angryman, @ruxpin and myself

Nasty gets Brayden Point, Palmieri, Myers and Gourde

Rux got Freddy Andersen

Foil gets Weber, Zibenajad, Jarry and Eichel

Nasty is off to a slow start it gives him a star in Point and much needed depth

Rux got the goalie who leads the league in wins and saves

Foil gets Eichel, half the penguins net and gambling that Zibby rises to the top and Weber who is aging like fine wine.

Overall, all three teams got what they wanted.

• Like 1

Seriously, @yave1964....one of you or @ruxpin really need to change your team names to Terraformers or something.
You guys almost NEVER have the same team you started out with on draft night!

I suspect, even your maintenance people, parking attendants, training staff, and scalpers are completely replaced by the time your seasons end! 😄

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Seriously, @yave1964....one of you or @ruxpin really need to change your team names to Terraformers or something.
You guys almost NEVER have the same team you started out with on draft night!

I suspect, even your maintenance people, parking attendants, training staff, and scalpers are completely replaced by the time your seasons end! 😄

Already replaced.

I use a good temp agency

• Haha 3

trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton

He receives

Mike Smith

Max domi

I receive

Jake Guentzel

Martin jones

Lets be honest, Jones/Domi are both junk this year and the odds are that neither will makemuch of a difference.

J0e gets Smith, he has been riding the Fleury train but has clear concerns with Lehner coming back and has offense to deal what with the Boston trio, Aho and Panarin

I am second from last in goals scored, in the last two weeks I have added Tkachuk, Eichel and now Guentzel. Sooner or later something has to work. For now I have Price and the Pens duo in net and will likely cut Jones to add another scoring forward if possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Done. I get a slightly more reliable goalie and you get Guentzel:)

I was just posting my 2 cents in here about it, lol. Good deal for both, we both filled a need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton

He receives

Mike Smith

Max domi

I receive

Jake Guentzel

Martin jones

Lets be honest, Jones/Domi are both junk this year and the odds are that neither will makemuch of a difference.

J0e gets Smith, he has been riding the Fleury train but has clear concerns with Lehner coming back and has offense to deal what with the Boston trio, Aho and Panarin

I am second from last in goals scored, in the last two weeks I have added Tkachuk, Eichel and now Guentzel. Sooner or later something has to work. For now I have Price and the Pens duo in net and will likely cut Jones to add another scoring forward if possible.

Definitely works for both.

Fleury is great, but his status when lehner is back is likely even split again.

Blackwood has been good too.

The rest are a tire fire of Covid security. I literally would have dropped 2 of them any other year. The jones/Murray tandem has been epic failure everywhere but in shots faced.

Soroykin might have some value if Varlamov goes for his annual malkin fantasy award and injures himself. Until then he gets 1 start every 2 weeks at most.....

• Like 1

Time to rearrange the deck chairs .... between Covid and injuries I have been pretty quiet on the trade front.  However one deal did get done this evening ...

To the Ice Pigs:

• Shersterkin (G)
  • Georgiev (G)
  • Jenner (C, LW)

To the Hell Bears: ( @ruxpin)

• Keller (LW, RW)
  • Martinez (D)
  • Lehner (G)

On paper this helps the Pigs stabilize the Goalie position instead of playing Wheel of Fortune with Goalies every night since Lehner went down a bazillion weeks ago.  Yeah Shester got hurt last night, but from what I read it was a minor groin pull and listed day to day maybe 1-2 weeks out.  Fortunately Georgiev is part of this deal.

Jenner gets me stronger in peripherals FOW / Hits / Blocks.  Face it ...at this stage in the game I am lacking in Goals and Assists and unless I'm willing to decimate my team to get those Cats better, I might as well strengthen my strengths ...

Somehow I have pretty good Goalie stats: 1st in Wins / 4th in GAA / 1st in Svs / 2nd in SV%

I picked up Savard to replace Martinez.... Ended up dropping Koskinen (who might be Bantha Fodder now) and eventually may end up dropping Stalock once he clears border patrol and they don't find any Oxy on him.  :VeryCool:

@ruxpin wanted Keller / Martinez / and Lehner and it worked out for both of us .......

• Like 1

Hmmm....tough to tell who really got the better end of this deal, but yea, could be one where both sides simply got what they wanted.

All players involved are either struggling a bit, injured, or have streaky natures.
But, in the coming weeks all that could change.

The Hell Bears don't lose very much at all in goaltending seeing as how they look like they have a goalie warehouse going on over there, and picking up Keller and Martinez may help provide a steady stream of peripheral stats.

IMO, the Ice Pigs' goaltending really wasn't that bad off... Hellebuyck, Kahkonen, and whomever got streamed in seems to have worked.
But now with steady Rangers goaltending, the team can likely now "thin the goalie herd", do less streaming, and focus more on other areas of need as the season wears on.

Boone Jenner will run hot n cold, but yea, provides enough face offs and the other peripherals Doc mentioned to make him worthy to have around.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hmmm....tough to tell who really got the better end of this deal, but yea, could be one where both sides simply got what they wanted.

All players involved are either struggling a bit, injured, or have streaky natures.
But, in the coming weeks all that could change.

The Hell Bears don't lose very much at all in goaltending seeing as how they look like they have a goalie warehouse going on over there, and picking up Keller and Martinez may help provide a steady stream of peripheral stats.

IMO, the Ice Pigs' goaltending really wasn't that bad off... Hellebuyck, Kahkonen, and whomever got streamed in seems to have worked.
But now with steady Rangers goaltending, the team can likely now "thin the goalie herd", do less streaming, and focus more on other areas of need as the season wears on.

Boone Jenner will run hot n cold, but yea, provides enough face offs and the other peripherals Doc mentioned to make him worthy to have around.

Good point about Jenner.  I picked him up not terribly recently just kind of because I had people injured. But he kind of just stuck.  Nothing exciting but FWs and some peripherals like you said. And can do it from the winger slots. Nice depth guy.

But what do I know?  My team is flatlined.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Good point about Jenner.  I picked him up not terribly recently just kind of because I had people injured. But he kind of just stuck.  Nothing exciting but FWs and some peripherals like you said. And can do it from the winger slots. Nice depth guy.

But what do I know?  My team is flatlined.

I inherited a team in Doc's Conn Smythe division, and Boone Jenner is on it.
Upon taking over the team, I made some changes that I thought would improve it further (it was actually doing well in the standings), and one of those changes was going to be to drop Jenner.

But like you said...he sorta just stuck and he is staying on for the reasons we all mentioned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

That was my intent ....either I stream goalies for the rest of the season, which is exhausting BTW, and suffer in other CATS or strengthen my goalies so I can stream other positions ....  Agree with your assessment regarding Kahkonen...I see more of a 1A/1B with Talbot for the rest of the season.  Which, by the way the Wild are playing, is not a bad thing.  I'm in very similar situation in NANAHA, I have both Ranger and Flyer goalies but this time I have Talbot as a 3rd option when needed.

Again ...was to strengthen by strengths ....

• Like 1

I inherited a team in Doc's Conn Smythe division, and Boone Jenner is on it.

I tell ya what ...for being almost 13, my son drafted pretty well for his first go-around.  He read all my fantasy guides.  Just asked @yave1964 how ticked off I was as he was drafting players I had on my list, literally right before me ... LOL

I'm proud of him for not giving into to early trade attempts for Varly.  He stood his ground.  Just a shame he had to make a major screw up in home life which lead to you taking over his team.

• Like 1