HF.net All Star FHL - Official 2021 Season Thread

pilldoc

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I thought we were to have 4 IR+ slots.

Every once in awhile I see four, though I can't save it that way. More commonly, I see only two.

Which is correct?  If it's four, any suggestions why this is happening and what I'm doing wrong?

Yahoo coders have it in for you after you constantly call them 'monkeys'? :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I thought we were to have 4 IR+ slots.

Every once in awhile I see four, though I can't save it that way. More commonly, I see only two.

Which is correct?  If it's four, any suggestions why this is happening and what I'm doing wrong?

We do and it is weird the way Yahoo made some changes.  (Personally I do not like the way they did.)

image.png.7e3f6a191b9bf6cd80a7f2f2d2d52a22.png

So ....lets pretend Eller is out with an injury.  If you click on Eller's roster position, then the 4th IR+ spot would "magically" appear.  The first two IR spots show normally, but the other 2 IR spots are "hidden" (though they are actually there).  Like I said, I DO NOT like the way Yahoo changed that.  If you have a 3rd player eligible for IR, just click and drag that player to the IR spot..

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

We do and it is weird the way Yahoo made some changes.  (Personally I do not like the way they did.)

So ....lets pretend Eller is out with an injury.  If you click on Eller's roster position, then the 4th IR+ spot would "magically" appear.  The first two IR spots show normally, but the other 2 IR spots are "hidden" (though they are actually there).  Like I said, I DO NOT like the way Yahoo changed that.  If you have a 3rd player eligible for IR, just click and drag that player to the IR spot..

I've actually done that far.  But at that point it won't let me add without dropping and the player I have on IR reverts to his regular position (in this case it's Eichel).

It sounds like it's an idiosyncrasy rather than my doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Where does Eichel appear to be from your vantage when looking at my roster as a different manager?

@TropicalFruitGirl26

42 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@pilldoc

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Thank you both.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. I've put him in one of the phantom IR+ slots multiple times but he keeps going back.

Not a big deal for this instance, but during season and things start falling off players, it could become interesting 

You're very welcome.
Hopefully this doesn't become an issue during the season.

Right now, all my players are healthy so no way for me to test this, but I don't want to find out the hard way that something is wrong.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, pilldoc said:

Crap!!!!!  I am first to hit the injury bug before the puck even drops ....  I just took a HUGE hit at the Center position.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/30617824/chicago-blackhawks-jonathan-toews-indefinitely-illness

Toews is out indefinitely. :( I could just cry .........

I drafted Strome because Lebrun and a few others were hinting that Toews was going to miss significant time. I wasnt expecting it to be possibly the whole season.

30 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I drafted Strome because Lebrun and a few others were hinting that Toews was going to miss significant time. I wasnt expecting it to be possibly the whole season.

I’m pretty up on NHL news. I just missed this....oh well.. so goes life in FHL.

• 2 weeks later...

FIRST TRADE OF THE YEAR!! And i am certain that nobody is surprised that it is between @ruxpin and myself.

RUX GETS Burns, Robert Thomas and Steutzle

I GET larkin, Seth Jones and Cody Glass

Rux niw has Carlson/Burns/Hamilton giving him the best trio on the back end in the league by far. The two kids, Thomas and Steutzle are on many lists for breakout candidates.

For me I got Larkin, my favorite player with his tons of faceoffs and shots. Jones is okay, not a great fantasy player but not horrible. Cody Glass, i thought he would breakout last year but he bombed this year he is being forcefed into the 2c role in Vegas to sink or swim.

Both of us got what we wanted.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

FIRST TRADE OF THE YEAR!! And i am certain that nobody is surprised that it is between @ruxpin and myself.

RUX GETS Burns, Robert Thomas and Steutzle

I GET larkin, Seth Jones and Cody Glass

Rux niw has Carlson/Burns/Hamilton giving him the best trio on the back end in the league by far. The two kids, Thomas and Steutzle are on many lists for breakout candidates.

For me I got Larkin, my favorite player with his tons of faceoffs and shots. Jones is okay, not a great fantasy player but not horrible. Cody Glass, i thought he would breakout last year but he bombed this year he is being forcefed into the 2c role in Vegas to sink or swim.

Both of us got what we wanted.

I'm comfortable. I'll need to find a crap ton of faceoff wins, but I'm comfortable. 

How many offers and counter offers did we go through combined?  20? More?

From my end, Thomas made it happen.

• Like 2

On the surface, this looks like a clear "win" for the Hell Bears.
I mean, Burns and Thomas alone may pay dividends and whatever Stuertzle can contribute so early in his career would be gravy.

Larkin is, of course, a fantastic up n coming player....I just question what he will be able to do this season still given the fact that the Wings, while improved, still have a LONG way to go before being contenders, and the team, as a whole simply wasn't good offensively OR defensively...thus Larkin may not have the support to put up the kind of numbers a player of his caliber is capable of.
Of course, he seems to be turning into quite the face off monster...

Seth Jones can be solid, but if we go head to head comparisons with Burns, #88 is still the proven commodity despite seemingly taking a step back last season.
Cody Glass? Who knows. Maybe he is the Foil's version of Stuertzle...gravy contributions...or maybe he will be much, much more...

While I do like what the Hell Bears get here, I STILL would not discount the Foil as their GM is savvy, thinks long term, and has a nasty habit (nasty for the rest of us), of coming up Aces when people think he has no winning hand.
His players may turn things up a notch or three, or I can see him wheelin n dealing and turning an "ok" situation into a great one at some point during the season.

Rux for the initial win.
But Yave, as usual, may be lying in the weeds.... :bigteeth:

• Like 2

We officially begin All Star Leagu FHL action today....and want to wish everyone good luck and fun during the season.

Good luck to my opening opponent @pilldoc and his Ice Pigs.
We have a long matchup to start and we will probably be sick of each other by the end of it. :bigteeth:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

We officially begin All Star Leagu FHL action today....and want to wish everyone good luck and fun during the season.

Good luck to my opening opponent @pilldoc and his Ice Pigs.
We have a long matchup to start and we will probably be sick of each other by the end of it. :bigteeth:

Traditionally we have always matched up well.

Based on last years stats you might have a slight edge in G/SOG but from a peripheral standpoint I think I edge you out.

Goalies are I think Hellboy/Lehner slightly edges out Holtby and Varly....

Should be an excellent match .... Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I set my lines and went to bed and somehow woke up to see the yahoo crap benched Marchand....grrrrr

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Brought to you by the competent folks at Homeland Security.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 2

Well, against my gut I am starting Minnesota's Kaapo Kahkonen against the Colorado Avalanche.

I am getting the feeling the Wild may not be up to facing down the Avs offense, but then again, I have Kaapo on my team, Minnesota sees the Avs for the next 4 games....I can't hide the young goalie forever.

He doesn't even need to win tonight...just put up a good showing.

Let's go Kahkonen!

Welp... Braden Hole-By getting the ever living carp beat out of him by the Montreal Canadiens.

As of this posting, he is down 5-1 midway through the game, sporting a svelte 9.88 GAA and a sizzling .750 Sv%.....what a way to start the goaltending cats for the Green Star Blades..... 

The Sharknadoticons are salivating all over this...... IF they can get any goalies to start for them... :ph34r:

Trade to report:

Puttin On The Foil get:
LW- Brady Tkachuk
D- Nate Schmidt

Green Star Blades get:
LW/RW- Jason Zucker
D-  Darnell Nurse

Tkachuk of course, is both @yave1964 and my type of player... I.E. the guy hits on many categories.
Darnell Nurse is steadily becoming that as well, but from the blue line and while Darnell lacks in face offs (obviously), he makes up for in blocked shots.

Hoping Jason Zucker gets it going once again....honestly, he is a MUCH better player than he has shown since being traded over to the Penguins.
At his best, he will provide offense, shots, some hitting, and because he is a bit of an agitator, some PIMs as well.
The Pens have their problems right now, particularly in defense and goal, but up front, the talent is too good to be held down for too much longer.

Nate Schmidt is a classic example of the unspectacular player that sneakily does a bit of this and a bit of that.
None of what he does is at the high end of anything, but the fact he does many things relatively well should be enough to keep him on most rosters in this league..... it is why he was on my team.
Shots, blocks, some scoring, and is usually on the plus side of the +/- category.

Even if the secondary players don't work out for one or both sides, I think both GM's walk away happy with their new forward (Tkachuk) and defenseman (Nurse).

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Welp... Braden Hole-By getting the ever living carp beat out of him by the Montreal Canadiens.

As of this posting, he is down 5-1 midway through the game, sporting a svelte 9.88 GAA and a sizzling .750 Sv%.....what a way to start the goaltending cats for the Green Star Blades..... 

The Sharknadoticons are salivating all over this...... IF they can get any goalies to start for them... :ph34r:

yeah I picked up Matt murray thinking even if he shits the bed at least I get a start and have another goaltender on standby for COVID. he actually had a good performance for the 2nd time this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

yeah I picked up Matt murray thinking even if he shits the bed at least I get a start and have another goaltender on standby for COVID. he actually had a good performance for the 2nd time this season.

He did!
I'll be honest though....he still scares me.

And to think....earlier this season, I offered Yave Varlamov for him..... (shudder) :shifty:

• Uggh... 1

1-14-3 in my matchup against the Halifax Sharkienados

Lost games due to PPD dates, Covid protocols....but bottom line was, my goalies, outside of Chris Dreidger, got blown up, and my offense and perhipherals weren't anywhere near where they needed to be.

Oh well.
We all have that one week or two that we just completely flush down the toilet....this was mine.
At least I was sitting pretty high up in the number one seat so my losses won't bury me, just bring some teams past me a bit.

As long as it doesn't happen in the playoffs..... :)