Pierre-Luc Dubois has asked for a trade , do we want him?

RonJeremy

39 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

The main value of Zamula/York etc. is that two or three years from now when Sanheim and/or Myers need to be paid $6M per year, you have a younger, cheaper version to replace them.

Myers will be going nowhere.  He is the only high end right handed defenseman in the organization right now.  The Flyers have an abundance of left handed defensemen.  And let's be honest - there's no capital tied up in Zamula in that he was an undrafted free agent. I doubt the Flyers part with any player in which equity like a 1st round pick was used. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16

17 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Myers will be going nowhere.  He is the only high end right handed defenseman in the organization right now.  The Flyers have an abundance of left handed defensemen.  And let's be honest - there's no capital tied up in Zamula in that he was an undrafted free agent. I doubt the Flyers part with any player in which equity like a 1st round pick was used. 

Flyers Defencemen Depth Chart

Provorov
Sanheim
Myers (RH)
Gustafsson
Hagg
Braun (RH)
Gostisbehere
Friedman (RH)
Zamula
York
Wylie (RH)
Hogberg
Andrae
Attard (RH)
Millman
Ginning
St. Ivany (RH)
Vasilyev

Philippe Myers of the Philadelphia Flyers handles the puck against the New York Islanders during the third period in Game Six of the Eastern...

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Kind of a sick, sad world we live in, but this post is dead on accurate.

I think Zamula will replace Sanheim soon.

I just feel it. 

He can play the same game maybe not quiet the scoring touch but he makes up for it by being better in his own end.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I doubt the Flyers part with any player in which equity like a 1st round pick was used. 

I think Zamula takes his (Sanheim) spot soon possibly depends on how these next contract negotiations go.

If they move him it will be for a nice piece they covet.

He is up for a new deal after this season let's see how that goes and how Zamula development progresses.

And your comment about being a first round pick is why he would command more in return than trading Zamula.

Not saying it will happen for sure but it's just a feeling I have.

I feel Myers will be a keeper.

Zamula is more physical and grittier than Travis but not quite the scoring touch.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stock up on bourbon!!!

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Zamula will replace Sanheim soon.

I just feel it. 

He can play the same game maybe not quiet the scoring touch but he makes up for it by being better in his own end.

If Sanheim develops the kind of offensive skills that he showed in juniors , he will be a dominating offensive force. He had a lot of highlight reel plays . 

25 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If Sanheim develops the kind of offensive skills that he showed in juniors , he will be a dominating offensive force. He had a lot of highlight reel plays . 

We'll see but I ain't feeling it.

He has a lot of work to do to get better in his own end still.

Will he get there? No sure.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

He has shown some highly skilled offensive flashes, keep in mind it does take defenseman longer to develop. Sanheim and Meyers are really a good duo and I read Sanheim has hit the weights and gained some muscle which will help his defensive game. Once he gains more confidence and experience , I think you will see more of his offensive skill .

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is where the coaching staff needs to decide what they want to do with Sanheim.  Are they going to free him and let him wheel and deal on offense or do they want him to be a lock down defender first? It certainly doesn't help matters that Sanheim has had several different coaches and provide him with no sense of direction. I say let him loose and let him free wheel. 

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not sure I understand all the criticism. 

I can't speak for anyone else so my opinion is he leaves a lot to be desired around his net.

Sure offense is great. But remember he is a defenseman. That means defense.

He has to get better at defending closing gaps and taking away space and he could be more physical he doesn't have to blow guys up bit he has to learn to use his size more to his advantage.

The Isles series was a great example.

Yes he wasn't the only one who played poorly in that series but we're talking about Travis.

And I don't think he is a finished project. 

But there is certainly room to grow.

The only question will he. Yeo has done very well with defensive guys he has worked with in the past maybe not a great head coach but a very good defensive coach.

Sanheim, Myers and Provorov and the rest of the kids are nice bunch to work with.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Bourbon is ready
  • Like 2

@OccamsRazor

I think that Islanders series opened a lot of eyes for these young cats.

Farabee "I added 10 pounds in the gym". Sanheim " spent a lot of time in the gym" Provorov, " I work hard in the off season so I can play- this was no different" Hell even Carter Hart, now that could be because of the pandemic and there's nothing else to do...but I think the lesson from those 2 series but mostly the Islanders series was muscle helps find wins in the playoffs.

The gnat **** Canadiens forwards weren't super physical, but their top 4 D spent 50 minutes on the ice and they hit everything.

I think the physicality woke some guys up. 

A thing I liked to hear and read so far is they know they need to keep improving, almost to a man so I feel good that as you said they aren't finished developing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think the physicality woke some guys up. 

I hope so.

That is why it is crucial at a certain point to gain that playoff experience, so you know how the level of compete goes up, the intensity level goes up and they can KNOW not someone having to try and describe it over not making the playoffs and getting a good draft pick.

This second wave of the core needs to build on that so when the changing of the guard comes (and believe me it's coming) there shouldn't be a huge drop off.

• Like 1

Hey folks!

For the record, I think Dubois is an absolute stud. He's the kind of guy who challenges for top line C duties on almost any team in the league, including ours. That's not to say I'd trade everything to get him, but I would absolutely be calling and thinking hard on the offer if it isn't too exorbitant.

For my money, Dubois is better than Hayes right now, and he may very possibly end up better than Couts in the future. So yeah, I'd consider it for sure. 

To top it all off, PLD plays the way virtually all Flyers fans want their players to play. Not only is he skilled as all get up, he would be a fan favourite (for good reason) by the end of his first season with us.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 7:55 AM, SCFlyguy said:

It's going to take much, much more than Ghost to get Dubois.  Much more.

I was waiting for a logical reply... Finally.  Why not suggest Jake too?  I'm sure CBJ is that stupid.  More like Patrick and Sanheim.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, Poconono said:

I was waiting for a logical reply... Finally.  Why not suggest Jake too?  I'm sure CBJ is that stupid.  More like Patrick and Sanheim.

I mean, if they're willing to take Jake and Ghost, I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't hate Jake as others here seem to, but he's definitely not getting any younger, and this team needs solid future studs to build on right now -- Dubois is a great add in that direction. 

It's also worth noting there is an expac draft coming. Jake seems a very likely candidate to be lost at that point. I would much rather trade him for something good, and Dubois definitely fits the bill for me.

All that being said, I have to imagine CLB will want a young player going back for Dubois. PLD is already a better and more impactful player than Jake. It doesn't make much sense for them to trade for a downgrade. 

As far as Ghost goes, he's already living on borrowed time as it is. Unless and until he can show he has something more to offer than what he has provided the last 2-3 seasons, he's not going to fetch very much in and of himself. He's an okay add to a deal like this though, as long as the team getting him is a gambling type.

I've seen this noted a few times now about Ghost. Given his total body of work, it seems far more likely his good seasons were anomalies, and not the other way around. Hell, he barely got ice time last season. And when he did, he did nothing of note to keep the spot. That's just not going to fly on a team that has so many decent to good potential dmen waiting in the wings.

So yeah, if something like Jake and Ghost can net a Dubois (seems very unlikely to me), I would do it for sure. The rumour mill has Laine's name getting thrown about also. I would do those two for him also, though I prefer Dubois personally.

Honestly, if the Jake + Ghost combo for a high quality young player is available at all, I would very strongly consider it. But I'm very doubtful that pairing really gets it done for the caliber of player we're talking here.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I mean, if they're willing to take Jake and Ghost, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I think he is just being a smartass. But if they want Jake then by all means let's give them Jake!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Ghost likely isn’t trade-able.  He missed practice yesterday and is “unavailable” for the inter squad game today.  He is probably injured again.  

Maybe he is a nice selection for Seattle.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe he is a nice selection for Seattle.

I can't imagine Ghost would be their pick honestly. Again, the guy has been running on the fumes of a couple good season for too long now. There's bound to be someone more interesting left exposed.

Must Protect: Giroux, Hayes

100% Guaranteed: Couts, Provorov, TK, Hart

Very Likely: Jake, Sanheim, Myers, Lindblom

Probable: Patrick

That would up all our protection spots. If it falls that way, my money is on Seattle picking Laughton over Ghost. He's a solid bottom six guy. Ghost can barely crack the line up right now.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe he [Ghost] is a nice selection for Seattle.

Wise contemplation OR.

With our current guess of the Flyers Protected List (7F/3D/1G), Ghost will not be protected and will be on the Exposed List. Obviously the 3 defencemen protected will be Provorov, Sanheim, Myers.

With the Flyers projected 'Exposed List', Ghost would clearly be the most attractive for the Seattle Kraken. The Kraken must select 1 player from each of the 31 NHL teams, and each team will lose only 1 player.

That is why Fletcher has been trying to trade him with no takers with a reasonable offer yet. Fletcher needs to get an asset in return for Ghost and not lose him in the Expansion Draft with no asset return.

The sooner he can make a deal, the better. As we get closer and closer to the July 17 Protected Lists Due date, it will be harder and harder to make a trade because all 31 GMs will also be planning for their Protected List and Exposed List.

With all this in mind, I wonder if the recent positive comments from Fletcher and AV, about Ghost in Camp, might have a hidden motive to build his trade value/interest to other GMs around the League?

Can walking trade rumor Shayne Gostisbehere skate into the Flyers’ defensive plans?

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I can't imagine Ghost would be their pick honestly.

Ok then who???

Protected:

Giroux

Hayes

Coots

TK

Lindblom

NAK

Patrick

Ivan

Myers

Sanheim

Hart

Laughton isn't under contract. Neither is Raffl.

Jake and JVR will be exposed.

I think it would come down to Ghost or Hagg.

I'm fine losing either however it is why i would rather move Ghost for anything of value instead of losing him for nothing.

I mean knows Friedman could be of interest.

4 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I can't imagine Ghost would be their pick honestly. Again, the guy has been running on the fumes of a couple good season for too long now. There's bound to be someone more interesting left exposed.

Must Protect: Giroux, Hayes

100% Guaranteed: Couts, Provorov, TK, Hart

Very Likely: Jake, Sanheim, Myers, Lindblom

Probable: Patrick

That would up all our protection spots. If it falls that way, my money is on Seattle picking Laughton over Ghost. He's a solid bottom six guy. Ghost can barely crack the line up right now.

A shot at our Flyers Protected List 7F/3D/1G:

1) Giroux F (NMC)
2) Hayes F (NMC)
3) Couturier F
4) Konecny F
5) Patrick F
6) Lindblom F
7) Aube-Kubel F
1) Provorov D
2) Sanheim D
3) Myers D
1) Carter G

Exposed List:

van Riemsdyk (Age 32, Cap Hit 7M)
Voracek (Age 32, Cap Hit 8.25M)
Bunnaman F
Twarynski F
Kase F
Hagg D
Morin D/LW
Friedman D

Exempt:

First and Second year Pro (at July 2021)
Farabee F 2nd year
Frost F 2nd year
Ustimenko G 2nd year
Sandstrom G 2nd year

Don't have to consider protecting - Laughton, Raffl, Gustafsson because they will be pending UFAs and could be re-signed after the June Expansion Draft, if mutual. Seattle, at the July 21 Expansion Draft, would not take a pending July 28 UFA.

The disagreement may be regarding protecting Voracek or NAK. IMO, protect NAK for reasons of stage-of-career, age, and Cap Hit. IMO, high probability Seattle does not select the exposed Voracek. If they do - okay - it opens up a top-9 spot for a prospect such as Frost (C), Sandin (RW), or Allison (RW).

6 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

With the Flyers projected 'Exposed List', Ghost would clearly be the most attractive for the Seattle Kraken.

I agree but however say they pick a few offensive guys and a one way guy or two it could be very well they need just some depth and a physical presence and then Hagg may be more attractive to them.

I am sure whatever Seattle will have a strategy and for most team will know what they will have to select from way before hand.

And i imagine a few team will be S.O.L. and lose some good players or have to offer up some good picks to persuade them to take something they prefer like we see the last expansion draft.

Remember how Columbus got screwed losing Karlsson and the Ducks Theodore.

Certainly wouldn't want that for the Flyers. I trust Chuckles to not let that happen.

3 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Morin D/LW

You know it may be smart now that i think of it that they are playing Morin as a LW so there want be much film out there of him on defense so they could lose him too.

Seems Flyers know more of what they have in him but no one else does so it would be ashamed to lose him before he even gets a chance to really shine and play.

And i am not saying he will turn into anything amazing now at this point but he was a former first round pick and who knows with him.

I say it will come down to Ghost or Hagg....unless they like Jake.

• Like 1