Pierre-Luc Dubois has asked for a trade , do we want him?

RonJeremy

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't know i have to say Montreal looks to be turning things around i think they have a very good club i seen it this past playoff run they impressed me they need some more size and another scorer.

I mean down the middle Dubois, Danault, Kotkaniemi and Evans is pretty solid still.

And Josh Anderson can do both. However it does all seem like now they are getting the rest of the team together now and perfect timing for Price's skills to start eroding.

As far as I truly hate the Habs, I must admit that Bergevin did hell of a job in improving this team. 

The risk for Dubois is to be THE attraction in Montréal with all the negative pressure you have there as a quebecer playing for the Habs. The expectations would be enormous with no room for mistakes. Otherwise he will be a Drouin 2.0.   

8 minutes ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

As far as I truly hate the Habs, I must admit that Bergevin did hell of a job in improving this team. 

The risk for Dubois is to be THE attraction in Montréal with all the negative pressure you have there as a quebecer playing for the Habs. The expectations would be enormous with no room for mistakes. Otherwise he will be a Drouin 2.0.   

Completely agree. However many do not think about that till they get sadly then it is too late.

But it is being reported that he really wants to play with Panarin so it really seems like it's up to the Rangers to decide how bad they want him. 

I think he ends up in NY.

Something is going on here - - 

PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS
C, COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Pierre-Luc Dubois provided the game-winning goal in Monday's 3-2 victory over Detroit. 

Dubois didn't play much at the end of the second period, but coach John Tortorella denied afterward that the Blue Jackets forward was benched. Either way, Dubois gave Columbus a 3-1 lead with his first goal of the season at the 6:26 mark of the third period. That held up as the game winner and it gave him his first point in three games this campaign. 

Jan 18, 2021, 3:55 PM ET

PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS
C, COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

The Canadiens, Jets and Ducks are the front-runners to acquire Pierre-Luc Dubois, per The Athletic's Pierre LeBrun. 

Blue Jackets beat reported Aaron Portzline confirmed LeBrun's report. Several other reports are suggesting that a trade could be completed as early as tomorrow or at some point this weekend. Dubois has wanted out of Columbus since before the start of training camp and it looks like he's about to get his wish.

Of course, he isn't leaving the organization on the best terms as he was benched in Thursday's game against Tampa Bay. The 22-year-old would be a major addition for any team in the league, but Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen has to make sure he gets enough in return for Dubois' services.

Patrik Laine's name has come up a lot in these trade rumors. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few days. 

RELATED: Patrik Laine
SOURCE: Pierre LeBrun on Twitter
Jan 23, 2021, 12:05 AM ET

Ah, Podein25 may be right. He is there.

Eklund 5 minutes ago here on Saturday morning 1/23/21 - 

Winnipeg’s Secret Weapon to land PLD. Jackets moving quickly. 6 Teams

The Hockey rumor world this morning to be sure as the Blue Jackets continue to try and make a deal to send Pierre-Luc Dubois to a new destination. The original thought that the Jackets would be patient appears to be fading fast. Many teams are making pitches right now. Winnipeg, NYR, Montreal, Anaheim, NJ and LA are all still in it I am told. The Jets might be the best bet.

Whoever trades for Pierre-Luc Dubois is getting him for 4 years, so where PLD wants to play is basically irrelevant. However, of course you want him to be happy and Winnipeg may have a secret weapon in this fight....his dad.

Dubois dad, Eric, is an assistant coach for the Jets farm team, the Manitoba Moose...so that would hold some appeal to Pierre.

The Jets also have Patrik Laine, who would be an incredible boost to the Jackets scoring and is loved by Jackets GM Kekalainen...It is also possible that the Jets could make this trade without Laine, but less likely for sure.

The Jackets need to make this deal soon as their 1-3 start in a short season could become a 1-4 start with another loss to Tampa....It was just a few years ago the jackets got off to an 0-7 start and never fully recovered.

A few teams have already been told they are out of the bidding on Dubois, so that generally means we are getting down to it. One team was told the decision coming was in the “next 1 or 2 days...”

3 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

I blame the Blue Jackets for this. Not so much Tortorella as much as it is Kekalainen. Everyone in hockey knows what kind of coach Tortorella is. So the fact that Dubois dogged it wasn't so much a slight at Torts or his teammates. This was his way of speeding up the process. As for Jarmo, he knew that Dubois wanted out for some time  (according to some reports, Dubois wanted out shortly after the playoffs) and instead, he kept a malcontent knowing that there was a good probability this was going to backfire. And now we're witnessing that. I'm not condoning Dubois for dogging it, but at the same time, this situation was going to happen. This can't be compared to the Bobrovsky or Panarin situation either because neither of them asked to be moved. Dubois did. Kekalainen had time to work out a deal, but he didn't. 

• Like 1

Article at Broad Street Buzz last night - 

But what would a trade between the Flyers and the Blue Jackets look like?  

Ultimately it would be tough to say, as we do not know how they value our players, but as a starting point you would most likely need to include Nolan Patrick in any deal involving Dubois, plus prospects and picks.

It would allow Columbus to receive a center back, and one with the potential to be a first line center, if not a very high level second line center.  The Flyers should not hold any prospect off the trade table.  Zamula?  York?  Brink?  The hard truth is that, with all the prospects drafted under Hextall and Fletcher, there is no realistic way that they would all make the big club.

Columbus needs not only talent, but players that can remain under their control, as they have found it difficult to retain players like Duchene, Panarin, Bobrovsky, and now Pierre-Luc Dubois. What better way then to grab skilled prospects that can remain cost controlled on your roster for years?

The need for a big move to shake up the current [Flyers] roster is not only needed, but warranted.

We’ve already seen the impact of what Kevin Hayes has brought to the team, the first big move by Chuck Fletcher.

Edited by Zzeke

10 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Article at Broad Street Buzz last night - 

But what would a trade between the Flyers and the Blue Jackets look like?  

Ultimately it would be tough to say, as we do not know how they value our players, but as a starting point you would most likely need to include Nolan Patrick in any deal involving Dubois, plus prospects and picks.

It would allow Columbus to receive a center back, and one with the potential to be a first line center, if not a very high level second line center.  The Flyers should not hold any prospect off the trade table.  Zamula?  York?  Brink?  The hard truth is that, with all the prospects drafted under Hextall and Fletcher, there is no realistic way that they would all make the big club.

Columbus needs not only talent, but players that can remain under their control, as they have found it difficult to retain players like Duchene, Panarin, Bobrovsky, and now Pierre-Luc Dubois. What better way then to grab skilled prospects that can remain cost controlled on your roster for years?

The need for a big move to shake up the current [Flyers] roster is not only needed, but warranted.

We’ve already seen the impact of what Kevin Hayes has brought to the team, the first big move by Chuck Fletcher.

I don't think the Flyers are going to put Patrick on the table. That almost sounds rather Ektardian of Broad Street Buzz to even mention Patrick's name. Will Frost's name be on the table? Absolutely. Even with his shoulder, you can bet that Kekalainen and Tortorella would love a player of his ilk. I also don't see Zamula, York or Brink on the table either. Zamula is loved by the current group, York looks to be a potential Brian Leetch clone and Brink could be a potential Gagne-type of player. I still think that the Flyers would put Laughton and Sanheim on the table and if that's not good enough, they'd move on. I also couldn't see Kekalainen walking away if a Dubois + another piece (maybe David Savard or Gabriel Carlsson) for Laughton, Sanheim and Frost.

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't think the Flyers are going to put Patrick on the table. That almost sounds rather Ektardian of Broad Street Buzz to even mention Patrick's name. Will Frost's name be on the table? Absolutely. Even with his shoulder, you can bet that Kekalainen and Tortorella would love a player of his ilk. I also don't see Zamula, York or Brink on the table either. Zamula is loved by the current group, York looks to be a potential Brian Leetch clone and Brink could be a potential Gagne-type of player. 

Agree with you here. Good thinking.

Although, with prospect depth at RW (Sandin, Allison, Foerster), Brink could be on the table.

I wonder if Columbus GM Kekäläinen being a Finn, and knowing/wanting Laine who is a Finn, might play into a plus for Winnipeg GM Cheveldayoff in the trade?

Just a random thought.

3 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

I wonder if Columbus GM Kekäläinen being a Finn, and knowing/wanting Laine who is a Finn, might play into a plus for Winnipeg GM Cheveldayoff in the trade?

Just a random thought.

Well they didn't get a chance to take him in the 2016 draft so they got the consolation prize PLD now they can trade the consolation prize for maybe what they wanted.

Not sure who they had rated higher back then.

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Wow, Dubois and a 3rd for Laine and Roslovic. Winnipeg got HOSED in this deal. They couldn't get an extra player or two to kind of even things out? Cheveldayoff clearly panicked on this trade. Brutal for Winnipeg. Absolutely brutal.

I disagree. Dubois is the best player in this deal and the Jets got him

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Wow, Dubois and a 3rd for Laine and Roslovic. Winnipeg got HOSED in this deal. They couldn't get an extra player or two to kind of even things out? Cheveldayoff clearly panicked on this trade. Brutal for Winnipeg. Absolutely brutal.

Wow desperate move.

I thought the Rangers would have been more aggressive.

Judging by what Winnipeg gave up to get Dubois, I don't think the Flyers could have given them a better offer..unless it was TK and another player. IF that is the case, I'm happy Fletcher didn't pull the trigger. Hypothetically, if we offered Patrick, that isn't as good a deal as what the Blue Jackets got in return. Roslovic was a nice pickup for Columbus as well.