2020-21 Iowa Wild and Prospects

Alexandron

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Just found out that our promising prospect Marat Khusnutdinov is out for at least 4 months due to the unfortunate shoulder injury during the 1st international game against the Finland team.

Here is a link to watch how this is happened:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1359885033042038785

4 months! That's tough. Stopping him from developing his hands, restricting skating, no playing either until next season 🙁 

If there was ever a season to miss, this would be it. Lots of guys totally out of the game. If he's any kind of athlete he'll keep adding size and strength....but, yeah, tough. Amazing really how fast young athletes heal. Looking forward to seeing his game

• Good Post 2

20 hours ago, Icechipper said:

If there was ever a season to miss, this would be it. Lots of guys totally out of the game. If he's any kind of athlete he'll keep adding size and strength....but, yeah, tough. Amazing really how fast young athletes heal. Looking forward to seeing his game

Agreed. Hope, he will heal fast. What is amazing for me about him - extremely hard working and a very speedy player like flying. For the season 2020-21 he already played at 3 leagues and 3 different international tournaments for the team of Russia. Actually, out of our 9 Russian speaking prospects two of them Lodnia and Khusnutdinov will miss the rest of the season as well as our #1 draft of 2020 Marco Rossi.

The last 2 games for the Iowa Wild team against Chicago Wolves team were extremely tough one. We lost both games (2:10 and 1:4) by using 2 different goaltenders (Jones and Rumpel). But I am happy that we played and gain a valuable experience after playing against the best team in an AHL league. That team did not lose any games since the beginning of the season, which won all their 7 games in regulation. Interesting where is our other goalie- Baribeau? As more games we will have against Chicago team as better our team will be too.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

The last 2 games for the Iowa Wild team against Chicago Wolves team were extremely tough one. We lost both games (2:10 and 1:4) by using 2 different goaltenders (Jones and Rumpel). But I am happy that we played and gain a valuable experience after playing against the best team in an AHL league. That team did not lose any games since the beginning of the season, which won all their 7 games in regulation. Interesting where is our other goalie- Baribeau? As more games we will have against Chicago team as better our team will be too.

I do post summaries of Iowa games in my summaries from time to time.  You can read about their latest game in the one I posted last night after the Sharks game.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I do post summaries of Iowa games in my summaries from time to time.  You can read about their latest game in the one I posted last night after the Sharks game.  

Thank you LIG. I read already your perfect summary regarding that game.

34 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Worrying results there.

They will add Baribeau and Addison which are going back to Iowa. Sincerely, wish to see more Addison here not because of his mustache but his intelligent play reminding me Brodin's play. I believe, our Iowa Wild team will play better soon. I think they have an intriguing potential in their team : Sokolov; Dumont; Dewar; Duhaime; Shaw, Addison as well as in their rookies Giroux; Beckman; Maser; Gordeev. So far leaders in goals are Dumont(4) and Sokolov(3) in 6 played games of this season. 

• Like 2

I just looked for the Chicago Wolves stats and compared among entire AHL league stats. And my attention brought that this team(7-0-0) is the most productive so far (34 goals in 7 games) and interesting also, is the 1st team by having the most PIM (144) in the league. San Diego Gulls(7-1-0) is having a second place in goals(28 goals in 8 played games) among AHL teams. And  Iowa Wild team is on a second place in PIM (93) in 6 games among all teams. 

• Like 1

Iowa Wild team will have tonight and tomorrow road games against Texas Stars team. Hope, they will find they way to win it. The last 2 games against Chicago Wolves we lost and also were able to score only 3 goals (2 in one; and 1 in the other one game).

• Like 1

Iowa Wild team will have next 2 games(Saturday and Sunday) against not the best team in the league Rockford IceHogs. Hope, that our team will be able to win both games and will start building some confidence, which is not superb so far. From the other news - Adam Beckman has returned to Spokane Chiefs,WHL. Because of his young age he allowed to play with Iowa Wild team only 7 games and had 2 goals and 1 assist during that time. Last season with Spokaine team he had 107 points (48 goals and 59 assists) in 63 games.

• Like 2

Congrats to our prospect 23 y.o. Brennan Menell who helped to Dinamo Minsk team (in 46 played games he had 38 points (5 goals;33 assists;+/- +7)) to reach Gagarin Cup playoffs. The team is playing now against one of the best KHL team(SKA, St.Petersburg) in Conference quarterfinals. Probably, they do not have a chance to pass that team. 1st game they lost already with a score 2:4. I think for the Minnesotan Brennan Menell it is already a superb achievement to be one of the best league defensemen as well as to get some unique KHL experience in one season. Probably, he will be available for us by the time of Stanley Cup playoffs season because their season is done earlier than ours.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, Alexandron said:

Iowa Wild team will have next 2 games(Saturday and Sunday) against not the best team in the league Rockford IceHogs. Hope, that our team will be able to win both games and will start building some confidence, which is not superb so far. From the other news - Adam Beckman has returned to Spokane Chiefs,WHL. Because of his young age he allowed to play with Iowa Wild team only 7 games and had 2 goals and 1 assist during that time. Last season with Spokaine team he had 107 points (48 goals and 59 assists) in 63 games.

Unfortunately, Iowa Wild team lost both games against Rockford IceHogs (the last one loss was in OT). Team definitely needs a better goalies tandem. Good news, Dumont extended his points streak to all 10 games this season( so far is having 6 goals;6 assists;+/- +2) ; our defenseman AHL rookie Calen Addison had 3 assists in that game (in 7 played games is having 2 goals ;6 assists;+/- +6); Connor Dewar netted 2 goals in the last game (for the first time in his AHL career)(in 10 played games is having 5 goals; 3 assists); and our AHL rookie Damien Giroux had his 2nd goal in the last game (in 10 played games is having 2 goals;3 assists). Congrats to Damien Giroux on his 21st Birthday !!!, which was on March,3. It seems the team is making a nice progress in production among all promising prospects (an old one as well as new one youngsters).

I think our superb offensively minded defenseman prospect Brennan Menell is available for us now. Today the Dinamo Minsk team lost in OT (3:4) against the SKA, St.Petersburg team during their 5th game in Gagarin Cup playoffs.  He had in 5 playoffs games there 7 points(1 goal;6 assists) and during the regular season in 47 played KHL games he had 38 points (5 goals;33 assists; +/- +7). It is a time to bring him back. We need more production out of our defense.

I hope they bring him in I wonder what kind of hoops he would have to jump through. Maybe Russo would have some insight. He might be good for the power play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bear said:

I hope they bring him in I wonder what kind of hoops he would have to jump through. Maybe Russo would have some insight. He might be good for the power play.

I hope so too. He was such a good very productive defenseman here in AHL for 3 seasons in a row and he now have got a solid experience in KHL for 1 entire season. The other our 3 prospects (Khovanov, Guskov , Khusnutdinov)there, except, Svetlakov, Falkovsky and partially Lodnia did not get a chance to play a full season in KHL, but just few games.  Menell might be very good for the power play production too.

• Like 1

Iowa Wild team played the last 2 games against the best team in AHL Chicago Wolves team which is affiliated to Carolina Hurricanes team. Both games , unfortunately, we lost (0:4 and 2:6). And we are on a last place in our Division with only 8 points in comparison to Chicago Wolves, which is having 21 points. We badly need a better goalies. Hope the club will be able to bring Filip Lindberg to  Iowa ASAP. Our forward Gerald Mayhew had his 1st AHL goal during the last game against Wolves this season.  

Edited by Alexandron

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Our prospect Mayhew is having now 5 points(4 goals and 1 assist) in his 3 games  when he was moved back to the Iowa Wild team.

That guy is infuriating. The moment he's back in Iowa, he explodes with points. I'd like to see him in the same line as 97 to see if he really can't move those points to the NHL. I somehow think that no, he just can't, but feel tempted anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

That guy is infuriating. The moment he's back in Iowa, he explodes with points. I'd like to see him in the same line as 97 to see if he really can't move those points to the NHL. I somehow think that no, he just can't, but feel tempted anyways.

I would give Mayhew at least a tryout for another 15 - 20 games before to make any decisions about his ability to play in NHL. We gave to Tuch only 5 games, but that was way not enough to find out how good is he. And Vegas proved that. Sincerely, I like Mayhew more than Rau, because he is capable to create more havoc around an opposite net. Good idea to find out if they will place him with Kaprizov. Another idea came about a taxi squad - in my opinion, it is a horrible idea to use a taxi squad. Players, who are in that taxi car feel horrible just because of waiting for weeks and even months to get a chance to play one or 2 games, and they also never know when they are going to play and finally become rusted. I really feel bad for them. It should never ever happen this again in the future. For example, Hammond is 3 months in taxi squad and now is out of the list because he showed a couple false positive tests recently. And Baribeau was taking now from Iowa to place into the taxi squad instead of Hammond. I think Baribeau is more important to be in Iowa than here. Currently, Iowa Wild team is not doing great without a decent goalies.

• Good Post 1