Evander Kane files for bankruptcy

Puck_Pun

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I was making a sarcastic remark. The statement was not directed to anyone here specifically and I am not saying anyone  here has defended Kane . It’s just a statement about the mentality these days , that everything is always someone else’s fault other than the actual person who is really at fault.  If you know anything about NYers aside from us being rude and inconsiderate, we have a very sarcastic sense of humor. You guys gotta lighten up a little. 

I thought New Yorkers mostly told each other that they're walkin' 'ere

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guys ....Keep on topic.  I've seen a couple derogatory remarks. We (the Mod Team) really don't want to hand out warnings but if we do not see a change in posting habits we (the Mod Team) will be forced to hand out stiffer warnings.  Please argue the topic and leave the personal attacks out of the posts.  This is not the first time the Mod team have had to address these types of issues. 

Thank you

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I was making a sarcastic remark. The statement was not directed to anyone here specifically and I am not saying anyone  here has defended Kane . It’s just a statement about the mentality these days , that everything is always someone else’s fault other than the actual person who is really at fault.  If you know anything about NYers aside from us being rude and inconsiderate, we have a very sarcastic sense of humor.

Fair enough, RJ.    :)

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

You guys gotta lighten up a little. 

Tone isn't always easy to discern through text.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Fair enough, RJ.    :)

Tone isn't always easy to discern through text.

No problem, keep in mind that most of my posts are sarcastic, for example, when I praise the grit and determination of Nolan Patrick and the majestic puck rushing skills of Jake, that is most certainly sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ho boy, here's the latest

Evander Kane accuses creditors of boasting ban on slavery

As many of our readers will know we have been closely following the developments surrounding San Jose Sharks star forward Evander Kane and his extremely controversial bankruptcy filing. Kane, who himself admits that he currently has a staggering $26.8 million in debt, has been in a heated battle with his lenders with both sides calling the ethics of the other into question. In his latest attempt to get out from under the full brunt of the debt he accumulated Kane is now trying to argue that being placed under Chapter 11 bankruptcy, something his lenders have asked the court to order while also appointed a Chapter 11 trustee, would be a violation of the United States' 13th amendment. 

For those of you not familiar, the 13th amendment abolished slavery and involuntary servitude.

"While Kane currently intends to continue playing with the Sharks, the Lenders request that his personal choice be removed from the equation," Kane's motion said as per The Athletic. “Granting the Motion would place a Chapter 11 trustee in charge of Kane’s life. It creates a risk that the Chapter 11 trustee would seek to assume a personal services contract that Kane may wish to reject. It would also result in the Chapter 11 trustee making important decisions about Kane’s future employment, residence, and all of his living expenses. Subjugating Kane, as well as his family, to the whims of a Chapter 11 trustee not only violates the Thirteenth Amendment, but it is also an affront to Kane’s dignity."

The lenders want the court to appoint a Chapter 11 trustee, someone that would effectively control Kane's financial future until the lenders are made whole, and it's easy to see why. One could easily argue that accumulating this much debt is a sign of serious financial irresponsibility, and when you combined that with Kane's well documented history of excessive gambling it does look like Kane is not very adept at managing his own finances.

Should the lenders win their case, Kane's wages would be garnished for years to come, likely even beyond the length of his current contract with the San Jose Sharks. I can see why a situation of this nature would not appeal to him in the slightest, but it's hard to feel for the guy when he clearly put himself in this predicament to begin with.

13 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

As many of our readers will know we have been closely following the developments surrounding San Jose Sharks star forward Evander Kane and his extremely controversial bankruptcy filing. Kane, who himself admits that he currently has a staggering $26.8 million in debt

He should get into farming. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Way beyond a "problem" when he's simultaneously filing for protection losing another $1.5 million gambling. That's not "problem," that's a staggering disregard for money 💰 and ignores any measure of a grasp of reality, ignorantly dismissed my those around him. Shame on him.

Kane has responded. At this point there's a lot of spite firing in both directions and honestly outside of those involved nobody knows what's really going on (and most likely it's a blend of both sides). Once actual evidence starts to emerge I'm seeing this as a broken marriage dying in a mess of spite and retribution. Only in public because of who he is

FB_IMG_1627825227727.jpg

FB_IMG_1627825231381.jpg

• Good Post 1

13 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Kane has responded. At this point there's a lot of spite firing in both directions and honestly outside of those involved nobody knows what's really going on (and most likely it's a blend of both sides). Once actual evidence starts to emerge I'm seeing this as a broken marriage dying in a mess of spite and retribution. Only in public because of who he is

FB_IMG_1627825227727.jpg

FB_IMG_1627825231381.jpg

the plot thickens ........

A new soap opera is about to be created .....

These are the Days of our Hockey's Lives ........

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

SMH …. This really is not going to end well. They both really need to keep this behind closed doors….

Parents being messy is always a disaster for the children.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't really care that he doesn't want to pay or care for his kids or girls, we don't know what goes on in personal relationships - only thing I care about is if he bet on his own games because that puts the integrity of the game into disrepute.

The integrity of the player means nothing to me, he has the right to be an asshole if he want.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 2:33 PM, pilldoc said:

Absolutely agree….  It’s even harder when one or both parents are celebrities or sports figures. 

It's true. It's amazing that Podein25 Jr. turned out as normal as she did, especially as I was (am?) a celebrity sheep fukcer!

• Haha 2