Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings, Thursday 1-14-21, 9:00pm, Staples Center

MNSOTA

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Welcome.  The MALAISE is already setting in here.  I know that I am feeling bitter about some of the yearly issues.  I am, however, very happy to see no KLYDE - thank the lord.

Because you miss Klyde so much:

image.png.72959962b556b88038d229e78be03013.png

From what I saw at the end of the first period and the start of the second the lack of a 1C is really hurting us. The new acquisitions look like journeymen. Kaprizov looked very good at least on the offensive zone, though. Otherwise this might be a really painful season to watch.

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Kap has had two other passes right in the middle that Fiala and Parise did not bury.  He looks as advertised, and will shoot or pass.  Fiala needs that skill level with him.  Otherwise, he will be doubled up or shadowed,

Right there with ya on that 

BTW:  As it relates to the PowerPlay, has anyone else had enough of the sprint to the opponents blue line with a turn to fire it to the hopefully charging defensemen?  It fools no one but us, and we bobble that pass more times than not.  Was that a by-product of the Parise/Suter/Oates insubordination play?  Maybe it works for a highly skilled team (like the old Hull and Oates line), but we look geriatric trying to execute that play.  How about a low-risk entry; would that be too much to ask?!?

Echo....echo....echo....I'm an idiot....you're an idiot (if you have ever seen the Grinch - I hate Jim Carey and his politics, but he was made to play the Grinch)  Low attendance on this board.  Has the apathy with CL's team reached its trough yet?  Did anyone (aside from us 3-5) even know Wild opened their season tonight?  Or, is everyone in bed by nine?

• Haha 1