Giroux needs to be moved to the third line

RonJeremy

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I think we all know that Giroux is no longer a first line player.  In a big series, Pittsburgh’s captain scored two goals and our captain scored none. Giroux has not  shown himself to be a clutch first line player in the last few years at all. I think he should move to third line right wing and Farabee should move to first line left wing. By moving Giroux to the third line, he will be more effective playing against lesser competition. It’s time to let the younger guys take over and stop favoring fading older players based on past accomplishments.

If Farabee continues his excellent level of play, I would leave him on a line with Giroux and Hayes. That's a speedy line. Plus, I think...by default, you're then giving JVR more ice time... if you drop G down to the third line. I am not a fan of that, for that reason alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Hayes can barely skate lol

It's somewhat fact and somewhat subjective - - 

Rank of Flyers fastest skaters:

1) NAK

2) Frost

3) Konecny

4) Farabee

5) Myers

The Philadelphia Flyers Skills Competition

NAK has had a stellar bounce back season for Philly. He’s come in and provided a spark for the Flyers while they were red hot. NAK not only plays each shift like his last, but he has the ability to drop the gloves, and even produce some offense from time to time. However, the most underrated aspect of his game is his speed.

His acceleration, his ability to change direction so easily, and overall his grit and fore checking is incredible for a player of his stature.  NAK takes the edge over TK for the Flyers’ fastest skater.

Morgan Frost
His skating ability sets him apart from the crowd, as he is among the fastest players in any league. Also boasts excellent playmaking skills and sound two-way ability. Needs to get physically stronger in order to maximize output at the highest level, since he is undersized (5-11, 170) for the National Hockey League game.
Long Range Potential: Talented, speedy forward with good upside.

Morgan Frost of the Philadelphia Flyers skates against the Buffalo Sabres on December 19, 2019 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia,...

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I was gifted his rookie card by a buddy, it says RW on it. 

September 19, 2017

VOORHEES, N.J. — Dave Hakstol brought up the idea on Monday and Claude Giroux appeared to embrace it.

The Flyers' captain switched to left wing during Tuesday’s practice on a line with Jakub Voracek at right wing and Sean Couturier in the middle.

“That’s funny because I was pretty much a winger all my life,” Giroux said. “I started playing center when I became a professional. It’s hard to complain when you’re playing with Jake and Coots.”

Over the years, Giroux has found a comfort zone creating a shot off the left half board, especially off the team’s power-play setup, and towards the end of Tuesday’s practice, Couturier was feeding Giroux one-timer after one-timer. 

“We did a lot of drills where I was coming down the left side there,” Giroux said. “I can see the ice pretty good from there because you have the puck on your good side. It was actually a lot of fun. It’s not like I'm against it or I’m not happy with it if it makes the team better. I know we have a lot of centermen. I’m up for the idea for sure.”

• Like 1