Has Tortorella's shelf life expired?

yave1964

7 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Whoa whoa whoa!  The players are employed by the NHL. If I'm employed by Microsoft and their office is located in Seattle, that's where I have to work. Even if Microsoft had an office in Miami, I can't demand to work out of the Miami office. I have to work where they tell me to work.

The NHL is like a company with 31 office locations and lots of travel required between those locations. It's not at all unreasonable to say that players must go to the highest bidder (which in this case means working out of the office location where the company tells you to work). The other option is to quit. Nobody is forced to play in the NHL. Players can always find another job. 

:)

I disagree with your comparison, but I'm with you somewhat on your conclusion.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Whoa whoa whoa!  The players are employed by the NHL. If I'm employed by Microsoft and their office is located in Seattle, that's where I have to work. Even if Microsoft had an office in Miami, I can't demand to work out of the Miami office. I have to work where they tell me to work.

The NHL is like a company with 31 office locations and lots of travel required between those locations. It's not at all unreasonable to say that players must go to the highest bidder (which in this case means working out of the office location where the company tells you to work). The other option is to quit. Nobody is forced to play in the NHL. Players can always find another job. 

:)

Ok. But we are keeping the salary cap so teams can't overload up and have to consider their offers

• Like 1