Chicago goalie arson squad

yave1964

I remember the Indians had young bashers at pretty much every position in the eighties, picked first by Sports Illustrated (the dreaded kiss of death!) they finished last because their bullpen was so god awful that they blew lead after lead and eventually the team gave up.

That reminds me of the Hawks netminding this year.

Collin Delia is I guess the nominal starter. 27, he played 19 games last year with a goals against over 3 per game, he is not a starter by anyones standard. Probably a career AHLer and emergency backup in a pinch. Then you have Subban who came over in the Lehner deal from Vegas, he is dreadful always has been if anything he is 10 percent worse than Delia. And finally Kevin Lankinen rounds out this F Troop, 26 year old non prospect who will get time in net because someone has to. I looked at Rockford to make sure that i havent missed anything, the cupboard is bare. 

I know that a great team can often win with average goaltending, but the opposite is true, an average team can be drug down by poor goaltending in the same way that th Indians bullpen ruined the Joe Carter/Brett Butler indians team. There is not a single NHL goalie in the entire organization. None of the three current goalies should be allowed to attend an NHL game without first buying a ticket. Chicago will fight  for the worst record in the NHL this year burning a Kane/Toews twlight year in the process.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Sad news. Just found out that legendary Hockey Hall of Fame Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Tony Esposito has passed away on August 10, 2021 at the age of 78.

Rest In Peace greatest goalie ever!

Sad indeed. Arguably the greatest rookie season of any goalie ever, often overshadowed by his more vocal brother and his vocal teammate Bobby Hull, he was a member of the Habs when they won a cup in 69 before going to the Hawks as Montreal chose to go with Rogie Vachan instead. Espo was what he was, a hockey player and a damn good one.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...