Game 5: Flyers at Bruins; 1/21/21 @ 7, CSN

Howie58

Greetings:

The bookies are having a tough time with this one:

https://pickdawgz.com/nhl-picks/2021-01-21/philadelphia-flyers-at-boston-bruins-1-21-21-nhl-picks-and-prediction

The Bruins are favored.  But they have not scored an even-strength goal in three games.  We've done well against them of late, even at TD.  That said, they have excellent defense and goal.  This will be our young guns and Hart versus the veteran Bruins and Halak.

LGF! 

Edited by Howie58

No Couturier, Myers or Frost.  Man, what tough break for Frost.   Wonder when Ghost will be allowed back?    Funny how we need him now.  

Assuming he is asymptomatic.... Per https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/12/22/nhl-announces-covid-19-protocols-rule-change-for-2020-21-season/

For asymptomatic players that have an initial positive test the following procedure will be followed.

• Following the initial positive, the player will be isolated and contact tracing will begin.
  • A confirmatory test will be conducted 24 hours later. If that test is negative, a second test will be conducted 24 hours after that. If that second test is negative, a third confirmatory test will be conducted 24 hours after that. If any of those tests come back positive the player will remain isolated and contact tracing will continue.
  • If all three confirmatory tests come back negative the player will be allowed to exit isolation, resume training, while the contacts will also be released from isolation.

I guess he's still testing positive? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Digityman said:

No Couturier, Myers or Frost.  Man, what tough break for Frost.   Wonder when Ghost will be allowed back?    Funny how we need him now.  

Assuming he is asymptomatic.... Per https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/12/22/nhl-announces-covid-19-protocols-rule-change-for-2020-21-season/

For asymptomatic players that have an initial positive test the following procedure will be followed.

• Following the initial positive, the player will be isolated and contact tracing will begin.
  • A confirmatory test will be conducted 24 hours later. If that test is negative, a second test will be conducted 24 hours after that. If that second test is negative, a third confirmatory test will be conducted 24 hours after that. If any of those tests come back positive the player will remain isolated and contact tracing will continue.
  • If all three confirmatory tests come back negative the player will be allowed to exit isolation, resume training, while the contacts will also be released from isolation.

I guess he's still testing positive? 

Thx for the Protocols DM. It seems, and rightfully so, a level of personal and family privacy is maintained.

Repeat from the other thread  - 

Bad vibes - Meltzer this morning (1/21/21) - 

- - the Flyers lost defenseman Philippe Myers (left knee) and rookie center Morgan Frost in Tuesday's game. No timetables were released for Myers and Frost on Wednesday; an off-day for the Flyers. It is feared that Myers' injury will be of the long-term variety. Additionally, Frost was already placed on injured reserve.

We should get an official statement later today before tonight's game vs Boston.

We already know that Bunnaman and Friedman (RH) will be in the game tonight.

• Like 1

Projected lineups (Will be changed)

FLYERS (Tuesday's starters, minus injured players)

86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 28 Claude Giroux

12 Michael Raffl - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
56 Erik Gustafsson - 61 Justin Braun
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Mark Friedman

37 Brian Elliott
79 Carter Hart

PP1: Provorov, Giroux, Hayes, Frost, TK
PP2: Farabee, JVR, Patrick, Voracek, Gustafsson

Scratches: 14 Sean Couturier (costochondral separation), 53 Shayne Gostisbehere (COVID-19 protocol, INR), 5 Phil Myers (left knee), 48 Morgan Frost (IR, upper body).

BRUINS

63 Brad Marchand - 37 Patrice Bergeron - 74 Jake DeBrusk
21 Nick Ritchie - 46 David Krejci - 23 Jack Studnicka
10 Anders Bjork - 13 Charlie Coyle - 12 Craig Smith
11 Trent Frederic - 52 Sean Kuraly - 14 Chris Wagner

79 Jeremy Lauzon - 73 Charlie McAvoy
48 Matt Grzelcyk - 25 Brandon Carlo
67 Jakub Zboril - 86 Kevan Miller

40 Tuukka Rask
41 Jaroslav Halak

PP1: Ritchie, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Grzelcyk
PP2: DeBrusk, Coyle, Smith, Zboril, McAvoy

Scratches: 26 Par Lindholm (healthy), 27 John Moore (healthy), 28 Ondrej Kase (IR, upper body),
75 Connor Clifton (healthy), 88 David Pastrnak (IR, hip surgery).

55 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Here it is - 

Thus was his real chance to show something with Coots being out,  now you gotta figure once he comes back , he will be with the Phantoms for the rest of the year. Any word on Allison who was hurt in camp?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zzeke said:

Here it is - 

I know it isn't good new still but it is slightly better than i feared. I thought with Myers it could be a knee injury so guess it is next man up it's a collision sport and injuries happen.

They still have the depth to overcome this...now is a good time for Hart to step up and give his team the best chance to win.

I know in a ideal world this schedule sucks bad for everyone involved in playing the games.

But form a selfish stand point i do like having a game in what it seems every other day.

None of the 4 or 5 days off between games...as i said it isn't good for the teams but for the fans it gives us a chance to stage engaged all the time.

I can't wait till we all get back to some kind of normal life.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Dear gawd what a awful pair....Bruins have to be licking their lips waiting to swarm these two.

Hart i hope you're ready to be shelled....it will be critical for the forwards to help as much as they can to keep the pressure of the defensive end of the ice.

Gets pucks out and get them deep boys!!!

Let's go Flyers!!!!

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Dear gawd what a awful pair....Bruins have to be licking their lips waiting to swarm these two.

Hart i hope you're ready to be shelled....it will be critical for the forwards to help as much as they can to keep the pressure of the defensive end of the ice.

Gets pucks out and get them deep boys!!!

Let's go Flyers!!!!

Whoa, my friend. It's only 4 games in. Unfair shot. Those are 'hard' words. It's not like you. Patience. We will let things develop.

1 minute ago, Zzeke said:

Unfair shot.

Hey hope to be wrong.

Unfortunately i have seen them both play....both by themselves is not inspiring and now to put them both together sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I am a guy who calls it like i see it i am not happy about this lineup on the backend.

And for the record since you were not around back in the playoff run (or i don't remember you being here) i did not want Braun back at all.

6 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Those are 'hard' words. It's not like you.

HA...i can see you are still new around here but that is nothing guess it is a good thing you haven't seen any of my older post...i'm a tough love type of coach...however it is so nice that you think so highly of me...but i can be mean...i'm not proud of it...but i own it. It is how i was raised i'm old school and at 49 hard to change my ways.

9 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Patience. We will let things develop.

Hey at this point we have no choice. I hope i am wrong. I would be good with that.

4 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Whoa, my friend. It's only 4 games in. Unfair shot. Those are 'hard' words. It's not like you. Patience. We will let things develop.

And, not entirely accurate. In game 4, knowing there will be some who already are taking shots at Gus, I was observing the plays where he was very good in the D-zone, outlet passing, sharp passing, kicking-off offensive opportunities, and Power Play work - - - as well as his sloppy give-aways which will be hopefully corrected.

We try to be fully observant and fair, and not pre-prejudiced.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey hope to be wrong.

Unfortunately i have seen them both play....both by themselves is not inspiring and now to put them both together sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I am a guy who calls it like i see it i am not happy about this lineup on the backend.

And for the record since you were not around back in the playoff run (or i don't remember you being here) i did not want Braun back at all.

HA...i can see you are still new around here but that is nothing guess it is a good thing you haven't seen any of my older post...i'm a tough love type of coach...however it is so nice that you think so highly of me...but i can be mean...i'm not proud of it...but i own it. It is how i was raised i'm old school and at 49 hard to change my ways.

Hey at this point we have no choice. I hope i am wrong. I would be good with that.

before or after bourbon ..???

@OccamsRazor

@Podein25

And, my good friend, optimism. This is a very, very good team and with organizational depth and excellent coaching. It will be fun watching the season evolve.

I'm planning to drive-in from Central Pennsylvania on Saturday July 17, after whipping the Colorado Avalanche for the SC, for the Broad Street parade.

Hopefully you are also able to come. Hopefully Podein25 can fly in from Manitoba. I will pick him up at the airport.

3 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

I'm planning to drive-in from Central Pennsylvania on Saturday July 17, after whipping the Colorado Avalanche for the SC, for the Broad Street parade.

Hey i hope you're right...i would love it in fact.

You need to reach out to @radoranto reserve your seat he lives right there.

Act quick seating is limited. B.Y.O.B.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, intheslot said:

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Mark Friedman

How quickly the Flyers defense has gone from a strength to a weakness.  Only that top pair is good.  The rest are below average.  This could be a real rough stretch for them in the next month or so.

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey i hope you're right...i would love it in fact.

You need to reach out to @radoranto reserve your seat he lives right there.

Act quick seating is limited. B.Y.O.B.

@OccamsRazor

@radoran

Ah, thx OR for the intro. radoran and I should have a lot in S.Philly common (although I'm decades older than him). Got lots of friends in South Philly. Was an appointed Committeeman there. And, ate a lot at the original Melrose Diner, Marra's, Ralph & Rickey's, Chickies & Pete's, Philadium, Tony Luke's, etc.

Amazon.com: Philadelphia Flyers Sign

Gritty, Broad Street Bullies, Philadelphia Flyers - Gritty Philly Flyers  Mascot - Pin | TeePublic

Edited by Zzeke

25 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

radoran and I should have a lot in S.Philly common (although I'm decades older than him). Got lots of friends in South Philly. Was an appointed Committeeman there. And, ate a lot at the original Melrose Diner, Marra's, Ralph & Rickey's, Chickies & Pete's, Philadium, Tony Luke's, etc.

I'm right around Broad & Morris on 15th Street just up the block from the Melrose.

Not quite sure you're "decades" older than me, though. :hocky:

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'm right around Broad & Morris on 15th Street just up the block from the Melrose.

Not quite sure you're "decades" older than me, though. :hocky:

Ah, Health Center #2, CHOP, Library, 15th St Playground and Basketball Courts. Know the area. Coool.

Old? Not important. Flyers? Important!  South Philly tough  animated-hockey-smiley-image-0011 .

• Like 1