Flyers are the only team in the division without an elite game breaking player

RonJeremy

On 1/29/2021 at 8:42 PM, RonJeremy said:

Do you recall in the playoffs every time Barzal’s line was on the ice they spent the entire shift in our zone and dominated, we couldn’t get the puck away from their guys and it looked like they were on a PP. When was the last time we had a line or even one player like that ? I’m waiting........

The Legion of Doom line when you had Lindros, Recchi, and LeClair.   You're welcome.  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, otto12 said:

Too soft. Lack of grit, especially on defense. Shows in the corners and along the boards.

Spoken like someone who too has suffered while watching them play...i can't take it anymore another lead blown...never seen a team like this not being able to finish strong.

It starts with their Captain who doesn't know how to lead troops in battle he is the field general who stays in back within safety.

The guy they need should be leading the charge....no cowering in a fox hole.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It starts with their Captain who doesn't know how to lead troops in battle he is the field general who stays in back within safety.

It starts with not being on a milk carton, and only showing up...once every 10 games. Giroux isn't as bad this season, as he was last....but NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

18 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Giroux isn't as bad this season

To me it's the same disappearing act....through 11 games last year he had 7 points.

2 goals and 5 assists.

This year 10 points 1 goal and the rest helpers. I guess a slight improvement. But it also depends on what your expectations are.

He just is a shell of himself....maybe we trade hi out of town like Wentz....off to Ottawa let's send hi home for a solid return. Let's shake it up....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

To me it's the same disappearing act....through 11 games last year he had 7 points.

2 goals and 5 assists.

This year 10 points 1 goal and the rest helpers. I guess a slight improvement. But it also depends on what your expectations are.

He just is a shell of himself....maybe we trade hi out of town like Wentz....off to Ottawa let's send hi home for a solid return. Let's shake it up....

How much would Tkachuk cost if a team could Chuck us a Tkachuk...Ottawa are you listening?

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

2 goals and 5 assists.

fletch really needs to find more snipers in the offseason. honestly i would keep the centers but for wingers get more snipers, trades, fas. i dont care who they trade right now, this team is frustrating. yes giroux and jake have to go, i dont want them here next year.

if they are here next year, im thinking about bailing until the fo grows a pair.

Edited by tucson83

Get Johnny G and Tkachuk in here, and trade whoever is necessary. That checks two boxes. One, you know..in spite of the flaws in his game, that Gaudreau wants to be a Flyer. Tkachuk is a tough, skilled player who has a chip on his shoulder when he plays. Exactly what the Flyers need. Make Provy or Coots the captain, and trade G. I'm done with Giroux's disappearing acts, especially at his salary. The excuse of..but he has so much talent, has worn me out.

Edited by FD19372

5 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

fletch really needs to find more snipers in the offseason. honestly i would keep the centers but for wingers get more snipers, trades, fas. i dont care who they trade right now, this team is frustrating. yes giroux and jake have to go, i dont want them here next year.

if they are here next year, im thinking about bailing until the fo grows a pair.

Flyers should have been in on Josh Anderson that is what they need a power forward (6-3 226) that can score too. He has 7 goals in 11 games which would lead the Flyers.

But Chuckles won't give up none of his pu$$y prospects for something back in value...it just seems like the Flyers brass's biggest problem is they seem to over value their guys.

All Montreal gave up was Domi and a 3rd....this was the type of RW they could use but no he went to a team they will have to square off against.

• Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

Well he has to find the guys who are willing to pay the price whatever the cost to get the puck and keep it and then take a shot on goal and it doesn't have to be the perfect shot but just get it on net and then drive the crease for the rebounds....fundamental hockey. You just have to want it more than the other team.

Do that and the wins will come. 

Sadly, 28 has had his day. He wasted his prime time on lousy teams with albatross contracts. Now he is the albatross. Once again Flyer management has mismanaged their assets trying to creep into the playoffs for shareholder dividends. As long as spectacor or whatever the grumpy old white men call their conglomerate have this vision the Flyers are doomed to mediocre. They should take a look at Sam Bennett. Not a sniper, but he plays big boy hockey, not this womens beer league game the current roster plays.

• Good Post 1

41 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I know that it’s been 20 years 

Yes that's true, but most other teams can say the same thing.

Example: Mats Sundin never terrorized opposing teams in Toronto... because he never had any wingers that could play with him except for one or two years when guys like Mogilny were around. Perhaps if you went back to the days of Gilmour, Clark, and Andreychuk in the early 1990's, the Leafs had a line that terrified opposing teams. 

To be honest, when I look at the NHL, the only teams that ever ice lines like you're describing are:

• Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • (gears spinning already......)
  • I can't say the Montreal Canadiens because they haven't done it in my lifetime.
  • (gears really spinning......)
  • Los Angeles Kings (with Gretzky)
  • Edmonton Oilers (the dynasty years and now with McJesus)
  • New York Islanders (dynasty years)

It is really hard to find a team in the NHL that can put together a complete LINE (3 players) that actually terrify and overwhelm the opposition. 

When the Leafs play other teams, there's no team or line out there that is "scary" compared to what we have up front. There's no line that can outplay Toronto's top line. There's no line that legit "scares" us.  It's sort of been that way for a few decades now. The talent is too spread around for teams to be able to compile 3 all-stars on a single line. 

Does Toronto's top line qualify as a "Legion of Doom" calibre line?  I don't really see it the way fans of other teams see it, but I'm guessing they're "noteworthy" for opposing teams but not necessarily "scary" to opposing teams. Why? Well, because they're always split across multiple lines, so you never see our best forwards together unless it's a power play and that doesn't count as a standard forward line. 

:) 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Legion of Doom line when you had Lindros, Recchi, and LeClair.   You're welcome.  :) 

Appreciate the effort but little consolation and not that it matters but Legion of Doom line was Lindros, LeClair, and Renberg.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 8:42 AM, FD19372 said:

Get Johnny G and Tkachuk in here, and trade whoever is necessary. That checks two boxes. One, you know..in spite of the flaws in his game, that Gaudreau wants to be a Flyer. Tkachuk is a tough, skilled player who has a chip on his shoulder when he plays. Exactly what the Flyers need. Make Provy or Coots the captain, and trade G. I'm done with Giroux's disappearing acts, especially at his salary. The excuse of..but he has so much talent, has worn me out.

Gaudreau is possibly available, but I would have to think that it would take an overpay of fairly epic proportions to pull Tkachuk out of Calgary. They can't be anything other than thrilled with his development.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:49 PM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Yes that's true, but most other teams can say the same thing.

Example: Mats Sundin never terrorized opposing teams in Toronto... because he never had any wingers that could play with him except for one or two years when guys like Mogilny were around. Perhaps if you went back to the days of Gilmour, Clark, and Andreychuk in the early 1990's, the Leafs had a line that terrified opposing teams. 

To be honest, when I look at the NHL, the only teams that ever ice lines like you're describing are:

• Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • (gears spinning already......)
  • I can't say the Montreal Canadiens because they haven't done it in my lifetime.
  • (gears really spinning......)
  • Los Angeles Kings (with Gretzky)
  • Edmonton Oilers (the dynasty years and now with McJesus)
  • New York Islanders (dynasty years)

It is really hard to find a team in the NHL that can put together a complete LINE (3 players) that actually terrify and overwhelm the opposition. 

When the Leafs play other teams, there's no team or line out there that is "scary" compared to what we have up front. There's no line that can outplay Toronto's top line. There's no line that legit "scares" us.  It's sort of been that way for a few decades now. The talent is too spread around for teams to be able to compile 3 all-stars on a single line. 

Does Toronto's top line qualify as a "Legion of Doom" calibre line?  I don't really see it the way fans of other teams see it, but I'm guessing they're "noteworthy" for opposing teams but not necessarily "scary" to opposing teams. Why? Well, because they're always split across multiple lines, so you never see our best forwards together unless it's a power play and that doesn't count as a standard forward line. 

:) 

I'd say Boston's top line of Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak would give Toronto's top line a good run plus they play 200 foot game, have the speed to match and can play tough when needed to get the pucks out of the corner.

• Like 1