Did Tim Thomas Just Become Available?

Guest Pegulaville26

A report in the Boston Globe today has a Bruins team source calling Thomas a expletive "selfish" expletive. He was pulled from a Boys and Girls Club apperance because he would be a distraction. He was also shown the bench last night in Washington. Boston is on track for a second straight Cup. If Thomas start to put a rift in the Bruins room, will Boston entertain the idea of moving Thomas? See Boston Globe Report here...http://www.bostonglo...tkuK/story.html

I don't think he is suddenly available. From that same article:

Two team sources think Thomas’s decision won’t have a negative effect inside the dressing room because it reflects no deviation from his character. Separately, the sources both said Thomas’s actions merely revealed what his teammates have known since 2006-07, his first full season with the Bruins: that he is a solitary, me-against-the-world figure who often puts himself in front of the team.

In Thomas’s statement, he did not mention the Bruins nor his teammates. He concluded it by saying it was a choice he had to make as an individual.

Such is the personality that has left Thomas with few friends among the players. But it’s also the attitude that has made Thomas a two-time Vezina Trophy winner, the reigning Conn Smythe Trophy winner, and the Bruins’ most important player.

So it sounds like business as usual as far as Thomas and the rest of the team is concerned.

Edited by JackStraw

I don't think he is suddenly available. From that same article:

Two team sources think Thomas’s decision won’t have a negative effect inside the dressing room because it reflects no deviation from his character. Separately, the sources both said Thomas’s actions merely revealed what his teammates have known since 2006-07, his first full season with the Bruins: that he is a solitary, me-against-the-world figure who often puts himself in front of the team.

In Thomas’s statement, he did not mention the Bruins nor his teammates. He concluded it by saying it was a choice he had to make as an individual.

Such is the personality that has left Thomas with few friends among the players. But it’s also the attitude that has made Thomas a two-time Vezina Trophy winner, the reigning Conn Smythe Trophy winner, and the Bruins’ most important player.

So it sounds like business as usual as far as Thomas and the rest of the team is concerned.

The chemistry to put together a solid Cup run is a tricky thing to manage.

IMO, it's easier for the "first" one when everyone is really hungry for something they haven't gotten before. Repeating is more difficult.

Add in the need to expunge the memory of the Worst Playoff Collapse In History.

Any distraction, no matter how seemingly minor, can be an issue in a playoff run. The Flyers collapsed against the Devils when their best player (Lindros) RETURNED to the lineup.

Thomas isn't on the market now, but with his NMC expiring at the end of this season and him publicly - not privately - disrespecting his owner and team President/legend, if the Bruins do not have a successful playoff run (Cup or not) I could certainly see them deciding to cash in on whatever value Thomas has.

If he's a "distraction" at a Boys and Girls Club, it just might be conceivable that he's not a completely begnign presence in other areas.

I could see them trying to move him next year, Rask has been great this year and he's their future. But I think Thomas' age and contract status are bigger factors than this White House thing. (Not that this doesn't make it less painful)

Absolutely agree. The "white house thing" didn't lay the skids on the ground, but it may have greased them up a bit.

I could see them trying to move him next year, Rask has been great this year and he's their future. But I think Thomas' age and contract status are bigger factors than this White House thing. (Not that this doesn't make it less painful)

They are probably just pissed that word is out that he's a nut and a redneck, driving his value down. The Bruins were almost certainly thinking of cashing in. Could be a problem to have a guy like that on the roster on the downside of his career (in other words, teammates are fine with him as long as the caliber of play is high). I wouldn't want him.

By the way, I meant to mention that the only thing about bakeries is that it is a little difficult to have all those cakes reading my mind at the same time. I try to go later in the day.