Fiala

Jimtown guy

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Evgeni Malkin was once suspended for 1 game for his 43rd infraction.

Yeah, it's disgusting how the rules are so different on different players. I have nothing against Fiala's suspension, but they should deal the Tkachuks and Malkins in a similar fashion. 

• Like 1

For Malkin situation was different. He responded to the player who hit him first with a stick across his back and nek. Surprised that referee didn't give any penalty to that player. For Fiala situation was avoidable. Still after listening radio talk after the game many commentators predicted one or two games suspension for Fiala, because of his first time. Now for three games we will miss him. Russo said that we will see Mayhew or Hunt. I would prefer to see Sokolov immediately, because he is a huge helper as a finisher in tough situations for the team.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:54 AM, lynxrattle said:

That's three times more than a first time offender usually gets. Justice is blind.

Or are they purposely increasing the length of suspensions even for first time offenders...?

Interesting to see how they react to Dube on Kotkaniemi.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fiala is having a somewhat difficult season. I'm thinking that apart from the fact that he needs a center, he might also suffer from a hockey culture problem. Too many east-west passes, too many passes to trailing players, not enough shooting, not enough speed. In other words stuff that works in Europe, in an Olympic size rink. Perhaps he sees Zuccarello and Kaprizov managing to pull that kind of big rink stuff off, and gets back to his old ways. He should remember that his best games have always been skating and shooting, going north-south. Let's hope he gets back to that.

(I don't mind 97 doing that. He has success with that, and it is very surprising to the opposition who are not used to the more European style of hockey. I do suspect 97 has to simplify his play come playoffs time, and play in a more North American style, but we'll see.)

• Like 2

Fiala had a couple of important goals last game against Sharks when he was able to equalize the score in regulation and when he placed a nice goal in SO. Wish to see that more in the future out of him. We badly need production from the entire team. 

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Fiala and Johansson getting better, unfortunately Lettuce line has been quieter at the same time.

Not only Lettuce line, but all lines still have been quieter in comparison to what we have seen before the last 2 games against a Colorado team. Hopefully, the current coach is nice with players after bad games. I still remember the videos how Yeo and Boudreau were talking to players after embarrassing games and when team just gave up on those coaches. That was a not good experience then as for players as well as for fans. 

• 1 month later...

Well, as long as he has to sit out a suspension, maybe he can do some extra video footage work with someone and try to do something about his "off the cuff" style that STILL sees him turn over the puck or have it knocked off his stick with way too much ease.

If the guy can get that under control he would be a much more effective and dangerous player.

As for suspension length, I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out how the league makes those assessments.
I am pretty sure though, if it were Auston Matthews, he'd get like 5 mulligans before the league would HAVE to do something so things don't look rigged :shifty: 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

5C05ED76-9187-4E53-BA7A-321DC2D3F7B2.jpeg

Thanks. He is on fire. Personally for me, Fiala, Kaprizov and Zuccarelo are magicians for this team capable to produce constantly for most of the games. The most fresh example was the last game against Blues when Fiala placed a winning goal in OT from a fantastic Zuccarello's pass.

• Like 1