Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche 1/31/21 @ 7:00PM CST at Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

Watching Suter play is like watching your dad on the pond when he no longer plays with the effort shown by 'those damn kids.'  He just looks so disinterested and bothered to have to get on his horse.  Just ridiculous.  Old man (lack of) game and energy.  He needs a Geritol....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Watching Suter play is like watching your dad on the pond when he no longer plays with the effort shown by 'those damn kids.'  He just looks so disinterested and bothered to have to get on his horse.  

Haven't you heard the many calls of "Suter races to the puck" ? :P

1 hour ago, wildstars95 said:

i hope rossi and the young bucks coming up are puck hogs that shoot before pass

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Rossi has been sent back to Austria, most likely due to lingering issues from when he got Covid back in November. 

4 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Haven't you heard the many calls of "Suter races to the puck" ? :P

Yep.  They are paid to lather up when 11 or 20 are on the ice.  Direct orders from upstairs.  Since the investment in them was sub-par, must create the narrative that they are 'top players' on the team.  Gives me a bowel movement

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Yep.  They are paid to lather up when 11 or 20 are on the ice.  Direct orders from upstairs.  Since the investment in them was sub-par, must create the narrative that they are 'top players' on the team.  Gives me a bowel movement

I like your Suter Av. :D

What a nice win down many players.  Credit to a grinding type effort.  EEK, Greeny, Brodin, Kap, Fiala (Dumba) are the future we have for now....I had a bad dream that the Klyde would make an appearance with 11 and 20 to start the OT.....

• Like 2

Brodin's OT Game Winner Gives Wild Split Against Colorado and other Wild News

I have a quick summary of the game, and I talk about Rossi and Dumba too.  Better effort because it had to be.  I thought Johnson and Rau looked serviceable.  Mayhew is just so easily shrugged off the puck.  Its amazing how he can appear so dominant at one level and so easily neutralized at the next one.  Greenway had a fantastic game as did Kaprizov.  Rask...hey give him credit he had the clutch goals to give the Wild a chance to win this one in OT.  Talbot was decent, and luckily the Avs started Miska tonight.  

Parise...legs don't seem to have a much jump these days.  Bonino, the on-ice brain seems to process a bit too slow...

I have some prospect news too, check it out  

• Like 2

1:1 after 1. 2:2 after 2. 3:3 after 3. 4:3 in OT. Fantastic surprising win and much better efforts than last game. Wish to see same roster next game and similar efforts. It seems we are able to compete against better teams. Nice to see that.

Great to have a win here. Having read C&A's article it's hard to not to worry about Dumba and Rossi, though. The worst case scenario would be losing both of them for the season or even longer. Hopefully it's something less sinister. We'll just have to wait how it goes.

• Like 1

I already listed those jerseys as one of the best of the RR series, but the stars on the pants are pretty epic. The only drawback: the yellow numbers on green trim. Should've been the other way around, but I think it's because the "reverse".

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Math said:

I already listed those jerseys as one of the best of the RR series, but the stars on the pants are pretty epic. The only drawback: the yellow numbers on green trim. Should've been the other way around, but I think it's because the "reverse".

I agree. It is hard to see those numbers during the game. For this "reverse", in my opinion, the green trim should be slightly wider and much darker or even black. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I wonder how the players are able to motivate themselves for a game like this. Anything is possible in sports, but it just seems so unlikely they could get points from this one. To have a chance, at least take out those seam passes. There were far too many of them. No word on Dumba yet?

How about a crazy dream - we are going to win next 2 games in Colorado.🤫 Last game was a good motivation - we are capable to beat them if playing hard, smart and creative way.

• Like 1