The Elephant In The Room + Coaching Issues

Guest SoCalFlyfan

If you watch the Bruins play, anyone who stands within a few feet of there goalie is going to get there head taking off..and that's what the Flyers need to be doing to help Breezy/Bob perform better..

Breezy/Bob have no confidence in there dman are going to protect them in the crease..

Crease clearing in the O&B gets you 2 min in the box. The goal should be to find a more subtle way to defend. Solid positioning and the art of lifting the stick would go a long way here. Lidstrom, Timonen, and Scott Niedermayer will never be mistaken for Chara, but they get the job done very well. As much as a crease clearing defenseman is a crowd pleaser, it isn't as necessary in the NHL anymore.

If Bryz could make the easy saves, this wouldn't even be an issue. I know he only gave up one against Wpg, which is a massive improvement (though both teams looked like utter garbage), the goal was from a scrub shooter a little ways away who paused before shooting. And Bryz was already in position.

i don't think we should be disappointed Bryzgalov didn't stop Thornburn (whatever his name is) on that point-blank wrister. It was like the Flyers parted the seas for the shooter and he got off a damn good shot. I don't mind our goalie(s) getting beat once in awhile - even if he is already squared up and ready. Sometimes a shot just beats you.

Brzygalov has sucked so much all year that Flyers' fans can be forgiven for thinking that any goal that gets past him (from here on out) is inexcusable. :)

@doom88

You know one of our guys could have scored in the shoot out ...Bryz made two very good saves prior and got caught going to the well one too often by playing the open 5 hole thing.

Having a hard time finding fault with his play in that game.

Mono kid , 28, jagr. Those guys should have potted one right?

I've savaged the poor bastard here before, so it's not like I'm the "Joe Bryz "apologist around here

The undersized Flyer's "D" men have a rough time moving somebody six inches taller and fifteen to twenty pounds heavier than them and the only way to move em' is illegally:Penalty! A big guy like Andy Sutton could help in that situation. Intimidation is a great tool in actively used in professional sports. Try it you'll like it!!!!!!!