Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Tuesday 2-2-21, 7:30pm, Pepsi Center

MNSOTA

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

No Spurgeon / Dumba in the next one? Now would be the time to get Menell on, but he's smoking the KHL 😖

It would be nice to have him. Probably they will use Belpedio or Bartkowski for tomorrow game. Wish also to see here for a tryout offensively minded Addison and 6'6",238 lb. Gordeev.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

It would be nice to have him. Probably they will use Belpedio or Bartkowski for tomorrow game. Wish also to see here for a tryout offensively minded Addison and 6'6",238 lb. Gordeev.

That's a positive outlook. Eventually we might have some real offensive power in Kaprizov, Fiala, Addison and the 1C we will get one day. Perhaps by next season Menell will be with the Wild as well.

3 hours ago, Bear said:

its early yet but his game is not the same as last year looks unsure thinking too much maybe

Agree. Not the same with unsure thinking. Should be more focused on things he supposed to do during the game. The best so far is Brodin, then second, probably, is Cole; then 3rd, maybe, is Hunt - nice warrior with the nice shot.

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I think Soucy is trying to fit into a bit bigger shoes. Maybe it's just growing pains and he'll get along more comfortably, given some time.

Maybe he is still growing mentally and physically. He already has a good size 6'5"; 207 lbs., which he should use it smartly during the game as in defense as well as in offense.

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Why they do in such a complicated way this protocol? Any viruses are difficult to prevent when players have contacts during practicing with their teammate players and during the games with their opponents; have contacts with their families; have same airplanes for the flights; have same ventilation in hotel rooms. Masks could be a source for any infection too. Maybe they should follow protocol from KHL which is using well there since September of the last year? Michael Russo had recent conversation with Brennan Menell, but he should ask him how they are dealing with that stuff there? Did they make vaccinations for all players there?

In my opinion, if the player has no(zero) symptoms he should play. If the player has temperature and any respiratory flu type of symptoms then he should be quarantined until he is recovered completely from them, similar way like it was in previous years when players were sick with a flu viral infection. I remember the time when few players from our team (Parise, Suter and etc.) were sick with flu at the same time and missed few games. And their place was filled for a while with our prospects from Iowa. Nothing we can do more. Even we had more interest to those games when prospects were playing. We should live our lives as usual like we lived before around flu infection, which is somehow completely "disappeared" last year at all and was replaced by COVID infection. How this is happened I do not know? Mystery. They should understand that respiratory viral infection will not go away and always will be around us. The population gradually will build a cellular immunity to it or by natural way after sickness or by vaccinations. Unfortunately, active antibodies against of this infection having a short life, but a developing cellular immunity will help us to prevent from any future body storms caused by COVID.

I am thinking again about Marco Rossi, who was sick in November with that infection, but built already a cellular immunity to it. Probably, he does not have any medical issue, but they were scared that he was really sick before and they did not want that he will play here for this season.

16 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Just another Covid anomaly: cannot easily predict course of the virus. Some have few symptoms, others struggle with lingering lethargy...

They are not 100 y.o. Everything will be fine for them. All they need - to drink a couple cups per day of anti - inflammatory tea (Kirill knows about them) ; fresh pomegranate juice if able to find pomegranates ,and of course, to include in their diet more vegetables and fruits to boost the body with vitamins and antioxidants.

I found an interesting observation regarding our team. With Kaprizov the team started to play better, and , probably, learning some tricks out of him.

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

With Kaprizov the team started to play better, and , probably, learning some tricks out of him.

Possibly, but I would say Kaprizov's main effect is on the morale of our team. He brings the team hope of actually being competitive some day, and I would bet that the players are having fun watching at him. Reminding them why they picked hockey as their sport, when they were kids.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:25 AM, lynxrattle said:

Possibly, but I would say Kaprizov's main effect is on the morale of our team. He brings the team hope of actually being competitive some day, and I would bet that the players are having fun watching at him. Reminding them why they picked hockey as their sport, when they were kids.

Agree. Possibly, he is already positively affecting their play. 3 OT games out of 3 we won already which is showing nice team's competitive character. Even that last game against Colorado was pretty competitive too. EEK and Greenway improved so far their performance also, which I did not see for years.  In my opinion, we still need to improve consistency in the team's competitive play entire 60 min. as well as their PP performance. I was impressed recently about the video clip and the fact from the Michael Russo twit that Chicago Blackhawks team scored 11 PP goals in 13 played games this season. It seems, their success is a result of a tremendous practicing like a clockwork: pass - pass - pass - goal; pass -pass -pass -goal. 

• Like 1

Total 9 Wild players now are on Covid protocol. Wish them all fast recovery.  Sadly, games are postponed at least for a week more. 

The other news. I found an interesting article about forward Derek Stepan, who would like to come home to Minnesota. He is about 40-50 points per season producer player:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2021/2/8/22272163/derek-stepan-wants-to-come-home-minnesota-wild-ottawa-senators-trade-rumors-nhl