Covid-19 Keeps the Wild's Season on Pause and other team news

CreaseAndAssist

Covid-19 Keeps the Wild's Season on Pause and other team news

11 players and counting as Bill Guerin would hint to reporters today.  (sigh)  Wondering how much longer they can afford to have this many NHL clubs out?  I have the latest on the Covid front, as well as an Iowa Wild post-gamer and some prospect news too.  Enjoy!  

• Like 1

Personally for me, all players which are playing in NBA; NFL; KHL; other leagues and now in NHL(season started in January) and AHL(season started in February)  are HEROES, because they are capable to bring a lot of pleasant excitements to their fans during this such an unpredictable unstable life related to the COVID pandemic. The doctor at one of our TV channels said in the morning  the  way "we need to adapt to the virus, because it will not go away. We need to live with that as normally as possible". Interesting, I was saying same things a year ago in March. Probably, rotations of prospects between AHL and NHL will be higher this season because of Covid protocols and the absence of Calder Cup playoffs in AHL. The most healthy one will be playing here more. The most sick one will stay home more. Lots depending of their immunity status to withstand respiratory virus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

Meanwhile:

Now the Wild can officially start to prepare the #9 retiring festivities

I am not sure if the COVID protocol will allow that event to happened in full this season. Probably, it is possible, in zoom-zoom mode. Why he did not retired in 2019 when we did not hear about a COVID virus? And the event would be much much happier for everyone.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Who are the most strongest players remained in our roster so far? Kahkonen, Fiala, Parise, Kaprizov, Greenway,  Hartman, Johnson, Rau, Mayhew. 

Except Suter our entire defense is on protocol or injured. Available from AHL defensemen Bartkowsky(experienced), Belpedio(experienced), Addison (rookie),Warner and maybe Gordeev (rookie). Out of AHL forwards presenting an interest: Dumont,Dewar,Sokolov. 

Hope, our coaching staff is not on protocol yet.

7 hours ago, Math said:

Meanwhile:

Now the Wild can officially start to prepare the #9 retiring festivities

Getting benched worked as a reality check. KoIvu immediately realised his days of playing are over. Makes one wonder what had happened if the Wild had benched him.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 9:50 PM, lynxrattle said:

Getting benched worked as a reality check. KoIvu immediately realised his days of playing are over. Makes one wonder what had happened if the Wild had benched him.

Impossible. I doubt that it would happened for the Wild long term captain. Maybe if Guerin would be our GM 3-4 years ago then he will not propose extended contract for Mikko. Some people making the history for the Wild team. I think Guerin is one of them. 

It is beginning to look like Covid-19 is with us for good. It would be nice to see the Wild play despite the virus, and at the same time one wonders if the situation right now is safe enough to continue playing. Is the future going to be vaccinations, rapid tests, social distancing and quarantines becoming somewhat of a routine🙁

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 3:45 AM, lynxrattle said:

It is beginning to look like Covid-19 is with us for good. It would be nice to see the Wild play despite the virus, and at the same time one wonders if the situation right now is safe enough to continue playing. Is the future going to be vaccinations, rapid tests, social distancing and quarantines becoming somewhat of a routine🙁

I am still not sure if Covid-19 is good for the human population by destructing any parts of our life including sports. But I am sure that they(sportsmen) should play any way like warriors despite of all difficulties. The life should be continuing. 

And Foligno should not(never) feel guilty for the team as he was saying "he is guilty..." when they found the first positive test for him. It is a respiratory virus, which is practically impossible to avoid. The most important part for me, that our players and all players will not be scared of it, because these feelings are not helping to play well. The players who recovered after Covid infection already building an immunity level against it and should create a positive mentality for the normal life. I do not think that "routines" of social distancing, quarantines, tests and multiple annual vaccinations are going to be our future, because they depress significantly mentality of the human population. Hope, we will build a global cellular immunity against Covid virus in a nearest future. 

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 2