Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings, Tuesday 2-16-21, 9:00pm, Staples Center

MNSOTA

So far after 2 periods, Kahkonen is a hero who still keeping us to be in the game. He did so many difficult saves in 2 periods. Impressed of his play after such a long break. And we must to be more creative to place few goals into LA net during a 3rd period. Or at least 2. 🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

So far after 2 periods, Kahkonen is a hero who still keeping us to be in the game. He did so many difficult saves in 2 periods. Impressed of his play after such a long break. And we must to be more creative to place few goals into LA net during a 3rd period. Or at least 2. 🤔

Agreed !!
Just some connections on these chances and we have a good shot to at least tie it up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Getting better. Perhaps they'll come back in the third.

And, sadly, LA is getting better too. Hope, we will be able to produce some goals after the intermission. An interesting observation, Kaprizov kind of an universal forward capable to attack from different sides: left; center; right. We need to finish better our rare attempts. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

And, sadly, LA is getting better too. Hope, we will be able to produce some goals after the intermission. An interesting observation, Kaprizov kind of an universal forward capable to attack from different sides: left; center; right. We need to finish better our rare attempts. 

Kaprisov needs help in the worst way.  He gets very few quality passes for scoring opportunities.  He has to create them himself.  Suter looks away from him a great deal too.  That started when the interviewers asked Suter about Kaps first game and he said; 'he's a good player.'  It was like he was already envious that he wasn't the center of attention.  Suter is just a me-first player.  

I cannot remember missing a returning player less than Zuccarello - even in a game when we are suiting up anyone that has a minor league Wild contract.  Another player I am beginning to loathe - Johansson.  Bonnino is not worth a bag of pucks either.  I would love to see a Rossi or Beckman or Khovanov up in the next 12 months.  He77 no on 2022 contracts for either of these guys....WTF were they thinking with the Zucc contract?

• Like 1

Does Parise remind any of you guys of that 'sawed off' guy you grew up with that had less ability than he thought he did, and just scrapes up the ice all over the place with bad edge-work and lumbers like someone at 230 lbs up/down the ice with his chest puffed out (and hacking with his stick)?  Sorry, it is a visual I just cannot shake.  When he was with NJ, his posture and disposition were less offensive to me.  This is a game when the veterans needed to step up.  Zucc just shot a puck into Quicks chest wide-open on the back post - I guess this is what I should have expected from our high-paid 'veteran' forwards.

That was a 53rd shutout for LA Quick in his career.

Yes, Wild lost that game on a road, but at least, we (fans of the Wild team) had a chance to see our team game after 2 weeks of unfortunate break (since Feb.2). We almost reached in shots (26:28) LA Kings. During that game we had few opportunities to place goals, but did not finish well. I think Kahkonen had a very solid play despite of loss. Rookie defenseman Callen Addison controlled puck very well,  reminds me a Brodin's style. Other defenseman Belpedio had  few very nice shots during the game. Mayhew capable to create an interesting offense as well as Kaprizov. The rest of other players looked rusted yet. I was willing to see more from EEK-Greenway-Foligno, but this power line was not too powerful that game. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1361897599104659456

That twitt shows how Calen Addison like his mustache and taking care even during the game. In general, he is looking very nice, like a Hollywood star. 🤩 I would like to see him more just for his mustache. It seems he is a talented guy.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

If Zuc cashes in on that chance, It could've been a great rest of period. Still a good overall effort.
Really Wes...O for Zero on the PP 🤨😆

Agreed. It was a good overall effort.  Kaprizov have got a light face trauma, hope, without a lost teeth and even was able to play after. Next game :wild: is going to have against :ducks_color:. I am waiting for a win.

37 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

That twitt shows how Calen Addison like his mustache and taking care even during the game. In general, he is looking very nice, like a Hollywood star. 🤩 I would like to see him more just for his mustache. It seems he is a talented guy.

Well, lynxrattle already 'tagged' him for being in Hollywood so i can't unread or unsee that now.😁
He did look confident but not cocky....

If he keeps that play up, I imagine he'll be here for the long run until all the players are back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Kaprizov Fiala Greenway Addison Menell etc = hope 😁

Can I add at least a couple more etc. hopes? Beckman and Khovanov. I am also thinking more and more that we should add to our team a couple of power defensemen having a nice size(above 6'5"; above 220 lbs); having a long stick which is capable to reach pucks better and having an exclusively powerful shot. So far I do see for that role our young Iowa rookie Fedor Gordeev.  We had also Stepan Falkovsky who is playing successfully now at KHL for the Dinamo Minsk team (7 goals already), but I am not sure if he is still our prospect any more. A nice example of a power defenseman is Zdeno Chara. I think we need this type of players in our team too.