Biggest surprises (good) by Division

yave1964

And the opposite of yesterday, quarter turn which teams are the good surprises 

NORTH The Canadiens are among the biggest and best surprises of the year at 9-4-2 with Allen keeping Price fresh and actually outplaying him for stretches. Anderson and Toffoli also brilliant adds.

CENTRAL Panthers have the best record in the division at 10-2-2 with Huberdeau looking like a man among boys with at least one or more breakaways every night and two goalies both 5-1-1. Verhaege looks like the steal of the offseason.

EAST Gotta be the Devils at 6-3-2 after beating the Bruins last night. Doing it in spite of ravages by covid. Too young and skilled to not know they arent supposed to be good.

WEST none/ Just like nobody is a bad surprise as the bad teams are all what they are supposed to be, the good teams are all playing well. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

CENTRAL Panthers have the best record in the division at 10-2-2 with Huberdeau looking like a man among boys with at least one or more breakaways every night and two goalies both 5-1-1. Verhaege looks like the steal of the offseason.

In the central I have got to go with Chicago's netminder ....Kevin Lankinen: 7-2 with 2.29 GAA and 0.931 SV%. Nobody and I mean Nobody saw this coming.  He was considered an after thought.  The Blackhawks currently tied in 1st place at 9-5-4 with 22 PTS (Though Florida has 4 games in hand) but you get my drift ....

This has got to be one of the biggest surprises in the League ......

• Like 2

@TropicalFruitGirl26

You make me blush madam, lol

I love this forum because if i feel like doing a writeup on a child hood favorite like Danny Grant passing last year or on the Griffins or on whatever I feel like, essentially i have a free hand to do so. Appredicate the kind words. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

First off, I want to acknowledge @yave1964 for his CONSTANT contributions on various NHL items throughout the site.
Lots of people talk about "knowledgeable" and enthusiastic overall NHL fans, well, this man is a textbook example.

Just putting that out there for those that may have been living under a rock and still don't know.

Plus, his posts contribute to (and promote) the entire forum rather than trying to monopolize the forum inside one team's section, exclude others, and drive away fans of other teams like certain unnamed orange muppets here do. (I think I've got that out of my system now.) 

One more reason I enjoy reading yave's posts.  Keep up the good work!  :) 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom
  • Like 1