Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks, Saturday 2-20-21, 8:00pm, Honda Center

CreaseAndAssist

Next year, if we buyout Rask, and cut loose Bonnino and Johansson, we will have $12MM to pay new deals to Fiala, Kaprisov (long-term needed before he commands $10MM), and EEK.  We need Seattle to get some big salary off our books.  Perhaps a D (or trade) to recapture this $, or find a taker for Parise, Zucc, or Suter.  I would also re-sign Hartman, which may seal Bjugstad's fate.  The Zucc contract was even dumber than Parise and Suter (as we knew we had issues with their deals when we signed Zucc)..... Not set up for the long-term with these millstone contracts.  Bring up the rookies to replace them and build around Fiala, EEK, Kap, Greenway, Rossi, and the younger D. 

• Like 2

Nice win for Wild.  Young nucleus is coming together.  Geezers only perform if spoon-fed (usually by Kap).  Who will throw in some $ with me to get Addison to lose the pimp stache when he scores his first goal?!?  Solid player, but bad look.  He won't find any hot nordic chicks with that womb broom

• Haha 3

Love how Foligno always mobs our goalie at the end. 😆
Pretty solid full game effort, Granted it was anaheim... Now let's keep those lines together for a bit. 

Btw, Why does the arena play the music for our generation while most of the people there are wondering wtf is this stuff. 🤔

• Haha 2

Just now, Alexandron said:

Agree. Kahkonen could be a starter, who is playing more and more with confidence.

It is going to be interesting, when Talbot comes back. I expect a good goalie competition. Who's going to come on top as number one, or do we get a good combination of goalie rotation in the style of CBJ.

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

That was a really good one. They showed the Ducks they can't win in the first period and that was pretty much it.

Two 1st in a row. Could we repeat that scenario for the next 2 games against LA? Sadly, Kings is a better team. 

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Two 1st in a row. Could we repeat that scenario for the next 2 games against LA? Sadly, Kings is a better team. 

I think they can repeat it. They are motoring well now and I would think they are not feeling too good yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

It is going to be interesting, when Talbot comes back. I expect a good goalie competition. Who's going to come on top as number one, or do we get a good combination of goalie rotation in the style of CBJ.

We need a good combination of goalie rotation as a key to our future success.

6 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Another possible Fernandez-Roloson combo...I'm good with that.

Fiala probably gets the helmet tonight but more so because of that heads up unselfish play for the tic-tac-toe.
Very impressive and a good sign overall. 

• Like 2