Game 16: Flyers vs. Bruins; 2//21/21, Lake Tahoe, NV, 7:30 PM, NBCSN; Pregame at 7

Howie58

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Do you think the coaches were looking for size?

Not with 5-10 Freidman playing his wing spot.

Can't say for sure maybe AV seen something he didn't like.

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Nolan needs to find some space, when he goes inside he's getting checked and isn't quite strong enough to fight through it yet.

Don't get me wrong i am glad he is back playing but not much else to report on the kid. I would trade this guy the first chance i get a decent offer...it's just me and the feeling i get with this kid.

Can't explain it. I know i will catch some flack for that.....but it is how i feel. 

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't get me wrong i am glad he is back playing but not much else to report on the kid. I would trade this guy the first chance i get a decent offer...it's just me and the feeling i get with this kid.

Can't explain it. I know i will catch some flack for that.....but it is how i feel. 

Your not getting anything for Nolan Patrick. Injury history and under whelming play equals no trade value. I'll give the kid some slack. I figured he would come out good at the start then hit a wall. You cant miss that much time and not have that happen to you. It's going to take him some time to get back to where he needs to be. I think the coaching staff understands that. Thing with him is he needs to figure out what type of player he wants to be. Look at Laughten how long it took him to figure out the style of play that he needed play to stick in the NHL. Some guys never figure it out. Which is why they end up career AHL players.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not there yet, but I would like to see some offense in his game soon. 

He doesn't cheat, and is pretty good defensively, I want to see the skill, and I'm not, yet. I am getting impatient also.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's really looking like a lost year isn't it?

i think this is an evaluation year of playing alot of youth and see who can play and who cant and next year depending on how much cap we have next year, he will fill those holes.  unless petro signed here, he probably didnt see this team contending this year because of the expansion draft and cap. actually neither did i.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree so we can't drop it back to a 3rd.

Lol, I was actually going the other way.  I don't think he offers the slightest bit of value for Nashville and is the diametric opposite of what they'd want to accomplish in a trade.  If you send Ghost, you got to include a 1st because it's literally the only thing of value they're receiving in that trade.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm with you here.  In fact, that's the center to trade for Ekholm and get the pick to come back our way in the process.

I'm not in a hurry to trade Patrick. I have my impatience with Couturier early on and then eating crow slowing my impatience with Patrick.  But I'd start considering it.  I see a nice bottom six player, not the 2nd pick/would be first pick we thought we were drafting.  But he's lost at least 2 years along the way combined with our bringing him up ridiculously too fast. I'll give him more time.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Center?

I vote Laughton

Lol.

Honestly, at this point I'd prefer to keep him over Patrick.  That may change by this time tomorrow because I'm not consistent, but right know he brings me some value even if not on the score sheet.  I mean, I guess Patrick does something; it's just that I'm not sure what that is.

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm with you here.  In fact, that's the center to trade for Ekholm and get the pick to come back our way in the process.

I'm not in a hurry to trade Patrick. I have my impatience with Couturier early on and then eating crow slowing my impatience with Patrick.  But I'd start considering it.  I see a nice bottom six player, not the 2nd pick/would be first pick we thought we were drafting.  But he's lost at least 2 years along the way combined with our bringing him up ridiculously too fast. I'll give him more time.

difference is that courturier was healthy and patrick has been injury prone, he was playing well until he got concussed. i dont think he's going to that player again.

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Lol.

Honestly, at this point I'd prefer to keep him over Patrick.  That may change by this time tomorrow because I'm not consistent, but right know he brings me some value even if not on the score sheet.  I mean, I guess Patrick does something; it's just that I'm not sure what that is.

In the dog training world, AVOIDANCE is something. Patrick does that

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Lol.

Well Alec Martinez was traded for 2 2nd round picks so it could be something like that but capwise they need to take something back for it to work I think.

So maybe Gus and a 2nd and a conditional pick maybe in 2022...unless they prefer a B prospect instead it could be worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

In the dog training world, AVOIDANCE is something. Patrick does that

I keep waiting for him to do something skill wise or anything really that reminds me of why he was taken 2nd overall.

Something...anything....I'll just wait over here by myself...waiting...

#bourbonup

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Alec Martinez was traded for 2 2nd round picks so it could be something like that but capwise they need to take something back for it to work I think.

So maybe Gus and a 2nd and a conditional pick maybe in 2022...unless they prefer a B prospect instead it could be worked out.

yeah, that seems a little more plausible.   I'm hesitant to throw anything in for 2022, but yeah, depending upon what we're talking about.

I think if there are multiple suitors, the one that ponies up the center is the one that gets the Dman.  I mean, I don't think the Jones for Johsansen (sp?) move makes them feel that's a great idea, but they really could use forward help of some kind.

If they'd do it for Gus, a 2nd, and maybe a 2022 4th that could turn into a 3rd if they don't resign Gus maybe that's enough for them.

I don't know what their goalie pipeline is, but Saros is not the answer and Rinne is like 92 years old.    Is there a goalie that could be involved in lieu of the picks?  I'm not in a hurry to do that either, but that's the conditioning coming from 2 decades or more without a goalie.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah that's where I am. No point selling low on him right now. I think he's a top 6 skill player, all else being equal. Which is to say, if he can stay healthy, I think he will become a good top 6 center.

But he won't stay healthy, so there's that. 

• Like 3

On 2/22/2021 at 12:44 PM, Howie58 said:

Folks, I agree some D help would benefit us enormously, but right now, I am concerned about goal. 

A good read about Hart to just think about he is only 22 so far from a finished product.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/2/23/22294659/carter-hart-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-thoughts-analysis-statistics-tahoe-outdoor-game-boston-bruins

And looking at his stats I was shocked in like 85 starts he only has one shutout.

However with this struggling defense in front of him I can see why his numbers look like they do.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

A good read about Hart to just think about he is only 22 so far from a finished product.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/2/23/22294659/carter-hart-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-thoughts-analysis-statistics-tahoe-outdoor-game-boston-bruins

And looking at his stats I was shocked in like 85 starts he only has one shutout.

However with this struggling defense in front of him I can see why his numbers look like they do.

maybe it's just my opinion, just think he's not ready, that's why alot of teams dont bring their goalies up so soon at such a young age. if he's struggling alot maybe he's needs more development in the ahl to get his confidence back.

9 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

maybe it's just my opinion, just think he's not ready, that's why alot of teams dont bring their goalies up so soon at such a young age. if he's struggling alot maybe he's needs more development in the ahl to get his confidence back.

No he is ready. But the path of development isn't a straight path some times and there will be bumps along the way.

The kid will be ok. But they need to find a Kimmo like vet to put on the ice to help the kids along the way.

But you have to understand 4 of your top defensemen are just 26 or younger.

Braun is no Kimmo.

They need an elder statesman for the herd.

Go get one.

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

if he's struggling alot maybe he's needs more development in the ahl to get his confidence back.

There's nothing I've seen from him to think that he needs "more development" in the AHL. His growth needs to come at this level. 

The only team he's "struggled" with is Boston. They've had some tremendous luck on some of their shots, in addition to playing vs a shorthanded to severely shorthanded group of skaters. 

Like Occamsrazor said, the path isn't always linear.

He will need to adjust to NHL shooters. 

Edited by mojo1917

Every team has someones number.  Patrick Roys record versus the Flyers certainly wasn't HOF worthy. He improved it a lot once he went to the Avs. But Philly owned him as a Hab. This is it with the improvement... 

Career vs Philadelphia
GP GS MIN. W .L T OTL EGA GA GAA. SA. SV. .SV% SO
24 22 1346 7 10 5    0..  3..   78  3.48 646 568 .879  0.