Why would Flyers at Sabres next Friday be postponed?

Buffalo Rick

35 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Sabres are playing at the Islanders tomorrow.  Flyers play tonight as far as I know?  Strange?  Their first scheduled visit to Buffalo in 2 years

I think it had something to do with moving the Friday game to either Saturday or Sunday (I forget which of those was already scheduled).  Sabres play New Jersey Thursday. So they postponed one so the sabres weren't playing 3 consecutive days.

That's my best guess

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Sabres are playing at the Islanders tomorrow.  Flyers play tonight as far as I know?  Strange?  Their first scheduled visit to Buffalo in 2 years

It’s because the Flyers schedule was moved around because of their COVID shutdown. Friday’s game was moved to Saturday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I think it had something to do with moving the Friday game to either Saturday or Sunday (I forget which of those was already scheduled).  Sabres play New Jersey Thursday. So they postponed one so the sabres weren't playing 3 consecutive days.

That's my best guess

Thanks to you and Sanifan and all that replied.?  Figured Covid was involved.   Have my vaccine appointment.  But have heard people getting sick n second dose?  And I do think we play the blood Devils like 3 times in 4 days.  Lindy is in Sabres hall of fame and has his golden sword.  But I sure hope we sweep him..  We have guys that need to step up including Jack.  Hall and Skinner have gotten the message.  And Reinhart and Olofsson have been the guys coming through.  We need to get hot. The two kids up from Rochester have played well on D.  I am hoping Risto returns tomorrow .

So just outdoors vs the surprising Bruins.  I did not think they would start so well

On 2/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

Thanks to you and Sanifan and all that replied.?  Figured Covid was involved.   Have my vaccine appointment.  But have

heard people getting sick n second dose?

Yeah, people are more likely to feel unwell after the second dose. If anything, that's a good sign: indicates that your immune system is doing its job.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Yeah, people are more likely to feel unwell after the second dose. If anything, that's a good sign: indicates that your immune system is doing its job.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/

Good to know thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

6 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Good to know thanks 

In my experience so far ....."If" you receive the Pfizer version of the vaccine there appears to be less of a chance for side effects from the 2nd dose.  "If" you receive the Moderna version of the vaccine, there appears to a greater chance of having side effects from the 2nd dose.

It really varies from individual from individual.  Generally if you do have some side effects it usually lasts for about 24-36 hrs and then you will be fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

In my experience so far ....."If" you receive the Pfizer version of the vaccine there appears to be less of a chance for side effects from the 2nd dose.  "If" you receive the Moderna version of the vaccine, there appears to a greater chance of having side effects from the 2nd dose.

It really varies from individual from individual.  Generally if you do have some side effects it usually lasts for about 24-36 hrs and then you will be fine.

Thanks.  I am sure you are right in the middle of it with your job.  I think it may be the Phizer I am getting?  But not sure?  My daughter is a nurse at Strong Memorial and she got sick. I have to go to what is known as the Dome arena for mine.  I went to many rock concerts there in 1970s.  Appointments booked solid.  Can’t get  my wife one yet 

I got one because I have type 2

Edited by Hockey Junkie

17 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I have been fortunate to have received both doses of vaccine. I received Pfizer. I felt a bit achy for about 12 hours after the second shot but no significant side effects. 

same here .....  I received both dose at the end of Dec (1st) and mid-Jan (2nd) from Pfizer.  I had a sore arm which is normal but other than that I was fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

same here .....  I received both dose at the end of Dec (1st) and mid-Jan (2nd) from Pfizer.  I had a sore arm which is normal but other than that I was fine.

Well guys, if you are diabetic there is no shame in it.  You know Pilldoc that Trulicity is a greedy company.  It worked for me but now shooting Victoza daily because a friend who owes me lots of money gives it to me.  I had to stop Trulicity because they want $500 deductible.  My Dr said not worth it,  My A1C was better on it but not going to get financially raped

Plus I can’t monitor my BS daily.  Too much of a headache

Edited by Hockey Junkie