Minnesota Wild @ San Jose Sharks, Monday 2-22-21, 9:30pm, SAP Center

MNSOTA

I see some Adam Oates passing vision and touch in Kaprisov.  He can smoke it, feather it, 'no look' it, or saucer it very well for a young guy.  This is an unexpected surprise, as I thought he was just a sniper when I saw him in the Olympics.   

• Like 1

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

I see some Adam Oates passing vision and touch in Kaprisov.  He can smoke it, feather it, 'no look' it, or saucer it very well for a young guy.  This is an unexpected surprise, as I thought he was just a sniper when I saw him in the Olympics.   

Agree totally. Kaprizov was not this good playing for Team Russia. Now he's a standout.

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

That shouldn't even count as a PP goal..Lol..They're back to their clueless powerlessPlay but a flutter and a doobis and we get a stat. :P 

That was tough to watch. Up until Brodins goal the Sharks had the better chances 

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

I've been preaching Brodin's skills for years ;) 

I don't doubt that, but some have only preached his D.  I have seen him uncork some bombs too, yet Mgmt sure has taken a long time to utilize him more regularly offensively.  The PP should only include Brodin, Spurg, and Dumba on D.  Suter wastes too many opportunities with the lazy wrist shot, which is an easy glove by the tender, while the others put a bullet on net that creates dirty goals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Agree totally. Kaprizov was not this good playing for Team Russia. Now he's a standout.

He has matured and adapted quite a bit.  I still won't forget the 'Ovechkin special' one-timer from the other side to win Gold.  You could see the ability, but also the 'It' factor that not every player has even then.  I also saw a bit of the World Jrs when he ripped it up....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I don't doubt that, but some have only preached his D.  I have seen him uncork some bombs too, yet Mgmt sure has taken a long time to utilize him more regularly offensively.  The PP should only include Brodin, Spurg, and Dumba on D.  Suter wastes too many opportunities with the lazy wrist shot, which is an easy glove by the tender, while the others put a bullet on net that creates dirty goals.

I've been in awe of Brodin's skating ability alone. Plus he can bring the puck out of our zone and keep a play going. He also has good hands for shooting and like you said some Bomb ability. 😎

• Like 2

So, for $hits and giggles, I thought I would look up our other Swedish D drafted in Round 1 to see if he is developing at all.  He is on Frolunda in the SHL.  Not too bad.  He looks like the 3rd D (& youngest) on team with improving (not 1st round level, however) stats.  Maybe he will become a player instead of a wasted pick (love quanthockey.com):

13 CA Filip Johansson 20 D 37 5 5 10 10 -3 1 0 3 0.135 0.135 0.270