Minnesota Wild @ San Jose Sharks, Monday 2-22-21, 9:30pm, SAP Center

MNSOTA

LaPanta  just said that Lou Ferigno has more Gordie Howe's (3) than Gordie himself?! WTF?  How do you call it a Gordie Howe when he has less than 3?  Perhaps it should be called a Probert?  He must have more than 3.  I have a friend whom played less than 50 game in NHL that was sent off the bench to fight Probert in one of his first 10 games.  I asked him how it went.  He told me he remembered nothing....Was smacked in face and essentially blacked out the rest of the 'fight.'  Hilarious.  Probert was probably the nastiest fighter (that could play) I have ever seen.  Foligno is probably our best 'play capable' fighter.  Anyone remember Churla and Basil?

• Like 1

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

LaPanta  just said that Lou Ferigno has more Gordie Howe's (3) than Gordie himself?! WTF?  How do you call it a Gordie Howe when he has less than 3?  Perhaps it should be called a Probert?  He must have more than 3.  I have a friend whom played less than 50 game in NHL that was sent off the bench to fight Probert in one of his first 10 games.  I asked him how it went.  He told me he remembered nothing....Was smacked in face and essentially blacked out the rest of the 'fight.'  Hilarious.  Probert was probably the nastiest fighter (that could play) I have ever seen.  Foligno is probably our best 'play capable' fighter.  Anyone remember Churla and Basil?

Gordie actually only had one 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Only from the EA Sports games.

Here's info on Gordiex3:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordie_Howe_hat_trick

It's much more rare than I would have thought.

• Like 1

Just now, lynxrattle said:

I wish K would shoot more....

You don't lose the sniper skill.  He is trying to 'make friends.'  We will see it soon, I think.  Once he makes some of our 'under-performer's' his new friends.  It is really positive for his development to see him make everyone around him better.  I remember McDavid being a bit generous early on.  No one wants to be known as the greedy new Alpha - particularly in the locker room with 9 and 20.  Kap was probably warned by Spurgeon when he called him before he arrive.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

You don't lose the sniper skill.  He is trying to 'make friends.'  We will see it soon, I think.  Once he makes some of our 'under-performer's' his new friends.  It is really positive for his development to see him make everyone around him better.  I remember McDavid being a bit generous early on.  No one wants to be known as the greedy new Alpha - particularly in the locker room with 9 and 20.  Kap was probably warned by Spurgeon when he called him before he arrive.... 

At his line mates will quickly learn to keep their sticks ready all the time. Still I would like to see them crashing the net for rebounds, instead.

9 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Here's info on Gordiex3:

That is an awesome find!  Just how in the he77 does Dave 'Tiger' Williams have that many games with Gs and As (and his bazillion fights)?  He was a bar brawler on skates, who is probably doing a stretch now at Leavenworth.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Here's info on Gordiex3:

I could of sworn I read years ago he only had one.  Can’t believe it took this long to know it was 2

2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I could of sworn I read years ago he only had one.  Can’t believe it took this long to know it was 2

The stats in the NHL are still uncertain. Years ago it was much more uncertain. Who knows what the reality is.

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

"I have a dream"... that K will spend one whole game where he has one shot every shift he plays during that game 😃

It is possible, but we do not know when this would happen. So far he is one of the leaders in points for NHL rookies this season.