Possible Trade: Mattias Ekholm

Digityman

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have laid this plan out. You either missed it or forgot it. You may lose a Lindblom or a NAK Hagg or even a Ghost.

But if they win a Cup in a year or two trust me it will be worth it.

Lol...good one!

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I just feel this team has no chance this season

FCUK THIS SEASON. Let's position ouselves for the next year after the expansion draft. Pull the pin on this group. Seriously trade the one who don't fit or get what they are trying to build towards.

Time to stop waiting for little Billy to figure out what 2+2 is....let him figure it out on another club who doesn't care about getting to the Stanley Cup....these guys do not fit the into what they are doing time for Chuckels to put his goddamn big boy pants and do his goddamn job....retool and fix this flawed roster. And it starts by first no longer over valuing these kids.

8 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We are not on the cusp of greatness,  it doesn't make sense to buy at the deadline

Yes for sure but it is ok to buy a physical very well skating big 6-4 defenseman who has 4 or 5 good years of hockey in him.

I certainly am not wanting to hit the reset and find other kids and wait for or 5 more years to be exactly where they are now not knowing WTF they are doing. EKHOLM CAN HELP NOW.

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If there is a fair deal to be had, then fine

This is exactly what this is....so move on from Patrick for him....before he too has no value left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol...good one!

You never know they sure ain't wining one like they are now with all these over rated bum ass kids who can't play hockey on the NHL level...fcuk this hit the reset button on this club.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You never know they sure ain't wining one like they are now with all these over rated bum ass kids who can't play hockey on the NHL level...fcuk this hit the reset button on this club.

See this is where you're wrong. You're completely leaving out the over rated bum ass veterans who can't play. And who are supposed to be teaching the kids how to NHL. And those are the ones making huge cake.

Edited by flyercanuck

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

You're completely leaving out the over rated bum ass veterans who can't play.

I'm not leaving them out trust me i am more pissed at them than the kids but we are stuck with this over paid ass clowns and no one will want them....the kids still have some value.....right...i know that is debatable after that -6 performance from the Sanheim/Myers duo...but i have to lie to myself and think someone somewhere still thinks those two can still play pro hockey....or we are truly f**ked.

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess we have to wait and see how the market plays out.  The more teams bidding on Ekholm, the higher the price. We are offering Patrick as the center piece of this trade. At this point Patrick is a failed #2 pick, I guarantee other teams have a better player to offer, so if we dont value Patrick, I am sure Nashville doesn't either. We are not in the driver's seat on this deal , Nashville is.   We should unload what we can at the deadline and then also in the off-season. A good way to shake up an underachieving, complacent team, is to trade one of the veterans like G or Jake. This lets the other slackers know that anyone who doesn't put in an effort can be traded.  That can be a very good motivational tool.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not leaving them out trust me i am more pissed at them than the kids but we are stuck with this over paid ass clowns and no one will want them....the kids still have some value.....right...i know that is debatable after that -6 performance from the Sanheim/Myers duo...but i have to lie to myself and think someone somewhere still thinks those two can still play pro hockey....or we are truly f**ked.

I don't know what happened...but last season those two sure looked like they were well on their way to being a great second pairing, at the very least.

• Like 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

I don't know what happened...but last season those two sure looked like they were well on their way to being a great second pairing, at the very least.

Yes, last year the announcers were saying Meyers and, Sanheim have been the Flyers best pairing . Now they might be worse than Gus and Haag.

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I guarantee other teams have a better player to offer, so if we dont value Patrick, I am sure Nashville doesn't either.

Yeah i know....they glanced at his stat line 27 games plays 3 goals 3 assist and that putrid -13 which leads the team with about 14 minutes a night played and just throws up....we're f**ked....where is the Walt Whitman again???

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

invasion of the body snatchers???

I am at a loss of words to describe their Benjamin Button like development (i guess if you never seen that movie you won't get that reference).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I guess we have to wait and see how the market plays out.  The more teams bidding on Ekholm, the higher the price. We are offering Patrick as the center piece of this trade. At this point Patrick is a failed #2 pick, I guarantee other teams have a better player to offer, so if we dont value Patrick, I am sure Nashville doesn't either. We are not in the driver's seat on this deal , Nashville is.   We should unload what we can at the deadline and then also in the off-season. A good way to shake up an underachieving, complacent team, is to trade one of the veterans like G or Jake. This lets the other slackers know that anyone who doesn't put in an effort can be traded.  That can be a very good motivational tool.

Then you sweeten the pot by adding another player along with Patrick. I want a dman in here, who's good now. I could give a rat's arse at being good in a few years, because if Hart gets hurt.... this franchise will be in ruins, for half a decade.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am at a loss of words to describe their Benjamin Button like development (i guess if you never seen that movie you won't get that reference).

I know AVs schtick gets old but this is ridiculous. I have a hard time believing Provorov/Sanheim/Myers don't know how to play hockey when we've clearly seen them doing just that, and quite well. 

it's tough watching an entire team, other than about 2 guys, regress like this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Now they might be worse than Gus and Haag.

If nothing else can we at least trade these two because they can not play hockey. I would take whatever i can for them.

And please let's put Ghost in the take what we can for category too.

When Ekholm was Ghost age he was putting up 10 goals (8 pp) 24 assist 34 points and +25 117 blocked shots and 75 hits and averaging 23 minutes a night for a two way defenseman...it is time to move Shayne if you can.

He has as many goals as Ghost right now (5) and is a +7 on a bad Preds team.

I mean just look at Braun (+9) compared to Myers (-8)....yuck.

NHL TRADE TALK

NHL Trade Talk: McKenzie on Flyers’ plans, price for Mattias Ekholm

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2021/03/18/philadelphia-flyers-nhl-trade-talk-deadline-possibilities-mattias-ekholm-bob-mckenzie/

However, given the Flyers’ play as of late, one of the big questions is if the Flyers should even be buyers. One trade won’t fix their underlying issues, but it could lead to things improving.

Bob McKenzie got into all of it on Wednesday night.

“Fletcher’s gotta ask himself … is adding one player going to completely turn things around? And yet he knows that they need a replacement for Matt Niskanen, and the obvious name that’s out there –– and one that I’m sure the Philadelphia Flyers have talked to the Nashville Predators about –– is Mattias Ekholm. “

McKenzie went on to say how Ekholm would be the perfect fit for the Flyers, particularly Ivan Provorov, and also Philippe Myers and Travis Sanheim to “insulate them a little more.”

So just do it. There will be hockey next year too. We don't know what the season holds but they still need help now.

Stop living in fear of what might happen they need a good vet D man.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's mental weakness, or having a beta male personality.  Some players rise to the occasion when given more responsibility or when under pressure, others wither and die. We have some talented players who really lack mental toughness and fire. The veterans are the same ,so they can't teach the young guys. Do you think the Tkachuk brothers give up like our guys do? We need some fiery players to push the young guys. 

• Good Post 1

46 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Do you think the Tkachuk brothers give up like our guys do? We need some fiery players to push the young guys. 

Those fiery Tkachuks brothers have pushed their teams to....just below the Flyers...and way below the Flyers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Which is it? :poke:

wait, now I'm confused.

um, the Tkachuks are okay players that are not elevating either of their teams.

...and, and the beta male business is a load of crap. 

I can't stand that whole alpha/beta personality trope.

No one makes the NHL being passive.

I've spent too much time around really good leaders, I know that most of the "alpha" guys are just assholes.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

screw your facts man...

Those teams  losing is not the point, it’s the effort that is put forth by the Tkachuck brothers, the tenacity they show. It’s the way they play the game. So put that in your meat pipe and smoke it.

@RonJeremy

So you're saying, as long as guys are spearing dudes, slew footing, face washing in scrums and ultimately getting worked by Drew Doughty it's okay that they play for losing teams?

If NAK would just be less disciplined and score a little more he's your guy? 

No matter the team's result?

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

wait, now I'm confused.

um, the Tkachuks are okay players that are not elevating either of their teams.

...and, and the beta male business is a load of crap. 

I can't stand that whole alpha/beta personality trope.

No one makes the NHL being passive.

I've spent too much time around really good leaders, I know that most of the "alpha" guys are just assholes.  

You can’t elevate something that horrible, when you don’t have enough talent. If you have talent and they are not playing to their ability, that’s where a Tkachuck kinda guy can light a fire . Sometime you need an ahole  to motivate people. Pronger is kind of a dick, but he held his teammates accountable and took the team to a higher level. Mike Keenan was the biggest douche of all time, bet he went to the Cup with three different teams, four times. This team is like Hakstol on the ice.

• Like 1