Possible Trade: Mattias Ekholm

Digityman

50 minutes ago, radoran said:

Let's hope he hasn't put the Flyers on his 10-team NT list.

I mean, he probably has. I would, and I've been a fan for much longer than he has (presumably).

Edited by elmatus
  • Haha 1

At this point, I would kick the tires on a Voracek for Marc Staal deal. Maybe to help our defense, certainly to free up some capspace. Detroit would have the capspace to make this deal, with just a little tweaking.

17 hours ago, FD19372 said:

At this point, I would kick the tires on a Voracek for Marc Staal deal. Maybe to help our defense, certainly to free up some capspace. Detroit would have the capspace to make this deal, with just a little tweaking.

Meh. Personally, I’m not very interested in deals that don’t focus on a rebuild. Giroux, Voracek, and Hayes should be the first to go, and the return should primarily be rebuild resources i think.

Marc Staal is a decent player, but he won’t really give us what we most need which is better young talent or picks to possibly obtain that talent. 

Edited by elmatus

2 hours ago, elmatus said:

Marc Staal is a decent player, but he won’t really give us what we most need which is better young talent or picks to possibly obtain that talent. 

elmatus, he does one thing and it's what we need. I don't care if it's only for the short term. That thing he does, is help to protect Carter Hart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

I am not going to lie in a perfect world i would want more for Jake. But his contract doesn't present that to happen i think.

But if you are telling me we can trade Jake straight up for Staal i will drive him myself just to be rid of Jake....and Staal can walk at seasons end i can careless about him because Jake is gone.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1