Possible Trade: Mattias Ekholm

Digityman

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I can't...they won't let us play here yet.

Hey look at it this way in the last 13 games you and Patrick are tied in points.

You're better than I thought hanging with a #2 overall pick we might have to expose him in the draft and protect you.

• Haha 1

I think the Patrick experiment will be over this off-season as well. He's just not a fit in Philadelphia.  The biggest mistake Hextall made was getting enamored with a prospect from his former Alma Matter.  He was hurt his draft year and rather than keep him in junior to get his legs back, Hextall and Haktard rushed him.  It's time to move on and give him a chance somewhere else. 

I really want to see a BIG move though.  Do something to shake this team to its core.  I'd love to see another Mark Recchi - Eric Desjardins type swap for the club. It's time to shake things up because things are so mediocre with this club. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I think the Patrick experiment will be over this off-season as well. He's just not a fit in Philadelphia.  The biggest mistake Hextall made was getting enamored with a prospect from his former Alma Matter.  He was hurt his draft year and rather than keep him in junior to get his legs back, Hextall and Haktard rushed him.  It's time to move on and give him a chance somewhere else. 

I really want to see a BIG move though.  Do something to shake this team to its core.  I'd love to see another Mark Recchi - Eric Desjardins type swap for the club. It's time to shake things up because things are so mediocre with this club. 

That’s exactly what this team needs is a franchise changing trade like the Recchi for Desjardins and Leclair deal. Only problem is , the only guy we have that could command a multiple player return is Coots. Our other so called best players, G, JVR, Voracek and Hayes all have huge contracts  are up there in age and are not getting us much in return in fact if we left JVR and Voracek unprotected, chances are Seattle wouldn’t even take them. 

The other problem is , when we made that trade we had a young superstar in  Lindros, and Clarke saw that Leclair would be a good fit with Lindros and Renberg , that move was the missing piece to complete a great line. Desjardins was the key in stabilizing  the defense and immediately became the best dman for us. At this point we have JVR, Jake , Hayes and G all in their thirties and who will all diminishing over the next few years. So I don’t see how we can make a big trade ,when we really don’t have any young “proven “players that someone will give us multiple assets for unless we are willing to trade Coots. We have some good young guys that other teams would want , but they won’t get us any impact players back unless we are the ones  giving up multiple assets .

With an aging core and a high number of high draft picks who have not developed ,mostly due to injuries, guys like Patrick, Frost, Rubstov, Morin, O’Brian, Allison and Ratcliffe all lost valuable experience  and development over the last few years. A number of these guys should have been contributing by now and  be ready to take on a bigger role when the veterans are gone.  There is a strong chance that four out of five our first round picks could end up flops. So we may take a few steps back until our newer crop of picks like Foerester, Brink, Wisdom and York are ready.

So I guess to fan the Flames more Friedman is saying the Flyers are interested in more than just Ekholm that Mikael Granlund could go back as well.

Ghost was mentioned and then pick and prospects but a lot of it would need to be hammered out still, but at this point just whisper but also why their scouts were spotted at the Phantoms game this past week.

So it could get interesting....please stay away from the Walt Whitman today.

That is all...

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So I guess to fan the Flames more Friedman is saying the Flyers are interested in more than just Ekholm that Mikael Granlund could go back as well.

Ghost was mentioned and then pick and prospects but a lot of it would need to be hammered out still, but at this point just whisper but also why their scouts were spotted at the Phantoms game this past week.

So it could get interesting....please stay away from the Walt Whitman today.

That is all...

Ugh..... watch them do something stupid and add someone like Ryan Johansen or Matt Duchesne as well.  Chuckles and Nature Boy are gonna decimate this team.....lol

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Ugh..... watch them do something stupid and add someone like Ryan Johansen or Matt Duchesne as well.  Chuckles and Nature Boy are gonna decimate this team.....lol

I don't think they can afford those contract unless something huge goes back.

Ek and Granlund make 3.75 mill a piece.

No way they trade for those two terrible contracts in a flat cap world.

image.png.eced8b156afc389b5fce08709bb1140c.png

Do you do this deal? I would pull the trigger, just based on their lapses in their own zone, and number of times they get pinned there. They miss a stabiliznng veteran presence back there. Maybe Fletcher can sweeten the deal and get Jamkrok or Granlund in return, as well.

Edited by pilldoc
merged topics

The injury to Myers may force the issue, in which case we might be adding more.

I want to say yes, I also don't want the guy to wind up playing somewhere else in 2 years either. 

There's just enough term on his contract and uncertainty around the expansion draft that making this move doesn't feel like...

Yes! make it so, you know? 

Jamrock is an awesome name. Loved that song by Jr Gong.

Edited by mojo1917

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh and I know we discussed the expansion draft but an option that wasn't mentioned was they could always choose to protect 4 defensemen as an option.

Which of the young forwards gets "exposed" then?

I think G, Vorcek, Hayes and JvR's contracts might actually be "protection". Even though Giroux's is up next year. 

27 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Which of the young forwards gets "exposed" then?

I think G, Vorcek, Hayes and JvR's contracts might actually be "protection". Even though Giroux's is up next year. 

Giroux and Hayes both have NMCs.

3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

image.png.eced8b156afc389b5fce08709bb1140c.png

Do you do this deal? I would pull the trigger, just based on their lapses in their own zone, and number of times they get pinned there. They miss a stabiliznng veteran presence back there. Maybe Fletcher can sweeten the deal and get Jamkrok or Granlund in return, as well.

No. Patrick and a second? Yes. Although,  I've read that Dante Fabbro has fallen out of favour in Nashville. Maybe a Patrick for Fabbro swap could be arranged.

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Maybe a Patrick for Fabbro swap could be arranged.

Hell to the nah.

Man you thought Sanheim was suspect in his own end Fabbro makes Sanheim look like Chris Pronger when it comes to play defense.

I think the Preds would prefer prospects back who are close to be able to help with a rebuild.

So they can have anyone on the Phantoms expect Zamula i do no not want to move him.

And you would think it is time to look for another goalie for them.

I think you can dangle Sandstrom in the package especially with all their goaltender depth in the stable still (i think Ersson comes over next year anyways to pair with Ustimenko).

So i would start with Patrick and their choice of Kase, Ratlcliffe, Bunnaman or another.

And maybe Linus Hogberg, Wylie, Millman or even Sam Morin if they prefer.

So let's say Patrick, Kase and Ghost and a 3rd for Ekholm.

Now how does this work for the expansion draft??

Protected

Provorov

Myers

Sanheim

Ekholm

Giroux

Coots

Hayes

Konecny

Hart

So i think this will i know expose some good forward depth i know.

Exposed

Linblom

NAK

Voracek

JVR

Ghost

Hagg

Sandstrom

I do not want to expose Lindblom or NAK but this is how it will go down if you do swing a trade for Ekholm.

I don't think they take Lindblom since his cancer issues and effected his production this year.

So they could steal Sandstrom, NAK, Hagg or JVR.

Even Sandstrom would be a nice selection for their AHL club. So i think this is doable.

Edited by OccamsRazor
It would suck but they will be ok