Possible Trade: Mattias Ekholm

Digityman

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

They're trying to dump salary, so that doesn't help. 

Sure but they need to take something significant back to be able to even absorb that cap hit.

So it would have to Ghost and....maybe Braun??? Just trying to figure out how this would work.

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Chicago seems willing to be the money-launderer, so figure out a way to do this through Chicago where they take him and at least most of his salary and get a pick or prospect from us and Nashville gets a prospect/pick or someone like Patrick.

My brain is not working that well this morning to figure that one out.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but they need to take something significant back to be able to even absorb that cap hit.

So it would have to Ghost and....maybe Braun??? Just trying to figure out how this would work.

My brain is not working that well this morning to figure that one out.

Mine isn't either in terms of specifics. Just that Chicago is apparently offering those "services,” though for the life of me I can't understand why.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

My brain is not working that well this morning to figure that one out

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Mine isn't either in terms of specifics. Just that Chicago is apparently offering those "services,” though for the life of me I can't understand why.

Mine just doesnt work. No need for reasons 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Just that Chicago is apparently offering those "services,” though for the life of me I can't understand why.

The price for taking on your garbage is your draft picks and top prospects.

We'll take your 7.5 aav boat anchor, but we'll also take that kid you all really like on the farm and next year's 2nd rounder.

100% feels like multiple RICO statutes are being broken.

Now I hear that Fletcher is pursuing Ellis from the Preds, instead of Ekholm. We'll most certainly have to give up bigger pieces for him, but he seems to be a better fit for our defensive woes/needs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

What about Ryan Ellis instead??? A RH shot to pair with Provorov???

Elliotte Friedman talks about it here flip to the 13 minute part of the pod cast if you would like to listen.

https://podcast.sportsnet.ca/31-thoughts/news-notes-plus-anton-forsbergs-amazing-odyssey/

I would have to say Jake has to go the other way in part of this deal. Must.

You could move his contract and free up 2 mill in cap per season get your #2 D man pair with Ivan and well go from there....just asking a loud...i know Ellis is signed for 6 more years but in my eyes if i don't have to see Jake anymore get a D man to pair on the top pair that is a win win in my eyes.

Will worry about the last 3 years of Ellis contract when we get there.

You would still have to protect him. I would think hard about this one.

BUMP!!!

@FD19372

It is on the lick above about the 13 minute mark. This was on the previous page i mentioned it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The price for taking on your garbage is your draft picks and top prospects.

We'll take your 7.5 aav boat anchor, but we'll also take that kid you all really like on the farm and next year's 2nd rounder.

100% feels like multiple RICO statutes are being broken.

Yes.   It's along the lines of our Lehtera trade.  

From hockeywriters.com I just read this:

"Flyers and Flames Have Right Pieces to Make a Deal?

When another executive was asked about trade between the Flyers and Flames — one that would see Johnny Gaudreau and a second-round pick go to the Flyers for Travis Konecny and a fifth-round pick — this was a trade that got some support. "

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

When another executive was asked about trade between the Flyers and Flames — one that would see Johnny Gaudreau and a second-round pick go to the Flyers for Travis Konecny and a fifth-round pick — this was a trade that got some support. "

I could live with that trade.

20 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Johnny Gaudreau wants to be a Flyer, no question about that. I would try and move Patrick or another wing besides TK before I would send him. TK isn't just a goal scorer. albeit not to the level of Johnny G but TK is a pot stirrer. He has the ability to get under the skin of other teams. We would have to replace that element, and the team is wimpy enough...not counting a select few tough guys like Lindblom.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Johnny Gaudreau wants to be a Flyer, no question about that. I would try and move Patrick or another wing besides TK before I would send him. TK isn't just a goal scorer. albeit not to the level of Johnny G but TK is a pot stirrer. He has the ability to get under the skin of other teams. We would have to replace that element, and the team is wimpy enough...not counting a select few tough guys like Lindblom.

My thoughts too, Gadreau is smaller and less physical, he has disappeared in multiple playoffs, whereas Konecny has only disappeared in one.

I think Johnny's honeymoon will be short, the second he isn't scoring he'll be lucky to receive Jeff Carter level support here.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I heard the target is now Ellis.   Is anyone else hearing that?

If this is true, make it happen.

I know he's 30 but he's a legit top 2/3 player, he would be the best player on the Flyers blue line walking through the door. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

If this is true, make it happen.

I know he's 30 but he's a legit top 2/3 player, he would be the best player on the Flyers blue line walking through the door. 

Can we just go for Jossi and be done with it?   It worked in my video game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Can we just go for Jossi and be done with it?   It worked in my video game.

This is an interesting change from the subject topic but it's the one where I can get behind parting with valuable assets to make happen.

Ellis is a cornerstone guy. He's a guy that can do all the things people were hoping Eckholm could do. 

One of the reasons I was like eh, okay to Eckholm was he's not "the best"  fit and he's going to cost a lot of assets. 

I just never felt like that move was going to really improve the team.

Ellis would.

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

My thoughts too, Gadreau is smaller and less physical, he has disappeared in multiple playoffs, whereas Konecny has only disappeared in one.

I think Johnny's honeymoon will be short, the second he isn't scoring he'll be lucky to receive Jeff Carter level support here.

Konecny has actually disappeared in both playoffs he has attended

1 goal in 6 games 2017-18. Thats not showing up 

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Konecny has actually disappeared in both playoffs he has attended

1 goal in 6 games 2017-18. Thats not showing up 

Whatever, he was 20 in 17-18. That season he was not expected to carry the scoring the way he was last season. 

Calgary has been counting on Gadreau for years, and he's been MIA in the playoffs perennially. 

You think this is a good move- a good trade for the team you follow?

I don't believe you.

Gadreau is more of everything you hate about this team.

No thanks to trading any young players for Gadreau. Give them JvR

• Like 2

Dont get all triggered and twist things. I never said it was a good trade or that I wanted it. Im just saying your point about showing up in the PO is off IMO. JG was 23 in his first PO, and had 4g,5a and 9pts and 11 games. Last season he had 4g,3a,7pts in 10 games (his 4th PO appearance)

I dont give a pass on TKs age. He was an all-star last season before pulling a Houdini act. We still havent found him

19 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Dont get all triggered and twist things. I never said it was a good trade or that I wanted it. Im just saying your point about showing up in the PO is off IMO. JG was 23 in his first PO, and had 4g,5a and 9pts and 11 games. Last season he had 4g,3a,7pts in 10 games (his 4th PO appearance)

I dont give a pass on TKs age. He was an all-star last season before pulling a Houdini act. We still havent found him

0b6cc26bbe6ea2d78f159bcf827ab4a2.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I don't think this happens with Nashville.  They're trying to dump salary, so that doesn't help.  However, Chicago seems willing to be the money-launderer, so figure out a way to do this through Chicago where they take him and at least most of his salary and get a pick or prospect from us and Nashville gets a prospect/pick or someone like Patrick.

Chicago laundering money, how fitting. Maybe we can trade Jake for Mayor Beatlejuice and future considerations .

89F7A608-EA5C-48E8-B42A-034582021C50.jpeg

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Neither of these events happened.

I don't know....your post seemed very defensive. I was thinking you may have given up your man crush on G and switched it to TK