Game 17: Rangers at Flyers; 2/24/21 @ 7, NBCSN

Howie58

Greetings:

We are a mild favorite.  The teams are each other's flip side.  The Rags are 7th in D, and 25th in O--We are 7th in offense and 27th in D.  

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1713222/new-york-rangers-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-2021-02-24/

I will be late from work and may miss a chunk.  Then again, after last Sunday's play with a chunk of the squad missing, I may not be missing much.  

LGF,

Howie

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

We are a mild favorite.  The teams are each other's flip side.  The Rags are 7th in D, and 25th in O--We are 7th in offense and 27th in D.  

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1713222/new-york-rangers-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-2021-02-24/

I will be late from work and may miss a chunk.  Then again, after last Sunday's play with a chunk of the squad missing, I may not be missing much.  

LGF,

Howie

Rumor has it G may be back.  Game time decision..practiced today!

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Good sustained pressure on their first power play, even though they didn't cash in. Now Gus scores...1-0 Flyers!

I’m glad we are finally getting some shots , but one thing I surely miss is the physical wars that used to go on between the Rangers and Flyers. I almost wish Sean Avery was still around ,there in no one to hate any more. I guess plain vanilla hockey is just the way it is these days. No hitting, no battles in front of the net, no fighting, no hatred....no excitement. I used to be glued to the TV watching the games, now I find myself flipping channels, it feels  like I’m watching a baseball game. 

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I’m glad we are finally getting some shots , but one thing I surely miss is the physical wars that used to go on between the Rangers and Flyers. I almost wish Sean Avery was still around ,there in no one to hate any more. I guess plain vanilla hockey is just the way it is these days. No hitting, no battles in front of the net, no fighting, no hatred....no excitement. I used to be glued to the TV watching the games, now I find myself flipping channels, it feels  like I’m watching a baseball game. 

Yeah, same here. I hated Avery, and Ulf Samuelsson also. Cheap shot artist, mean SOB. The Flyers physically whooped that team with Lindros time and time again, and I enjoyed that 90s style more than this. I didn't like that stupid trap, but I liked 90s hockey more.

Edited by FD19372

Giroux has been all over the place tonight. 3A so far. One of the best games I have seen him play this year. Must admit I am a bit surprised since he was out with covid infection and hasn’t been on ice in a couple weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Samifan said:

Giroux has been all over the place tonight. 3A so far. One of the best games I have seen him play this year. Must admit I am a bit surprised since he was out with covid infection and hasn’t been on ice in a couple weeks. 

The rest probably did him good. He is playing well this year putting up solid points, but his lack of goal scoring Is disappointing .

39 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yeah, same here. I hated Avery, and Ulf Samuelsson also. Cheap shot artist, mean SOB. The Flyers physically whooped that team with Lindros time and time again, and I enjoyed that 90s style more than this. I didn't like that stupid trap, but I liked 90s hockey more.

You miss having cheap shot punks to hate . My all time cheap shot coward list is , Ulf Samuelson, Dale Hunter, Claude Lemieux, Bryan Marchment and Matt Cooke. All of them used their sticks and took out peoples knees but they would never fight and all of them were pretty big, total puss.....

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

You miss having cheap shot punks to hate . My all time cheap shot coward list is , Ulf Samuelson, Dale Hunter, Claude Lemieux, Bryan Marchment and Matt Cooke. All of them used their sticks and took out peoples knees but they would never fight and all of them were pretty big, total puss.....

Esa Tikkanen.

I f**king hate that dude.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Matt Cooke

Paul Baxter was a cheap shot coward, he sucker punched Behn Wilson and once Wilson got up he started to destroy Baxter, who then went into the turtle (Claude Lemiuex)  position. There’s a lot of good Behn Wilson fight videos on you tube. There’s a great one from Nassau Colliseum, when Wilson pummeled Clarke Gillies, I was actually at that game , I was around 14 , not many people are aware of the beating Wilson dished out on Gillies.

Just now, RonJeremy said:

Paul Baxter was a cheap shot coward, he sucker punched Behn Wilson and once Wilson got up he started to destroy Baxter, who then went into the turtle (Claude Lemiuex)  position. There’s a lot of good Behn Wilson fight videos on you tube. There’s a great one from Nassau Colliseum, when Wilson pummeled Clarke Gillies, I was actually at that game , I was around 14 , not many people are aware of the beating Wilson dished out on Gillies.

Behn had a temper, mean streak and could beat the living hell out of most in the NHL, at that time. He was a TOUGH dude.

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Matt Cooke. OK he wasn't a Ranger. I don't care. Now I see that Ron Jeremy named him already. Good one to hate.

Speaking of good ones to hate....that damn dude Barnaby, one of the all-time great 'faces you want to punch'.

• Like 1