Game 17: Rangers at Flyers; 2/24/21 @ 7, NBCSN

Howie58

One night it's Pastrnak, the next it's Kreider.  Our D is allowing high-skill forwards to operate with impunity around the net.  I am glad we won, but this was ugly.  Moose is a gamer.  He came up with some biggies to seal the deal. 

Yes, I think we miss Niskanen.  Who is going to rise to the occasion to replace him? Or do we go to the outside to stabilize things?

15 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

One night it's Pastrnak, the next it's Kreider.  Our D is allowing high-skill forwards to operate with impunity around the net.  I am glad we won, but this was ugly.  Moose is a gamer.  He came up with some biggies to seal the deal. 

Yes, I think we miss Niskanen.  Who is going to rise to the occasion to replace him? Or do we go to the outside to stabilize things?

Yes, players like Pastrnak and Krieder must be impuned. 😁

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

One night it's Pastrnak, the next it's Kreider.  Our D is allowing high-skill forwards to operate with impunity around the net. 

I'm not sure I'd call Kreider "high skill". He'd still have got the hattie if you gave him a snow shovel instead of a stick. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Or do we go to the outside to stabilize things?

It is going to have to come from the outside.

Right now the kids are in the deep end and struggling to stay afloat...when will management throw them a life preserver?

Hey if they can still stack Ws while not playing a great game I will take it.

Maybe in another month they will find their game like they did late last year before they shutdown.

First let's get everyone back and see were they are.

Some good news for Provo cop.

Provy will set NHL record tonight -- most consecutive games played by a D man from the start of his career for the same team (331). #Flyers

• Like 2

Now raise your hand if your hand if you knew 16 games into the season JVR would be leading them in goals with 9 and 22 points.

I have to say he is putting together a hell of a resume that has to be getting Seattle's attention for their second line LW spot.

Keep it up JVR....

...honorable mention to Joel Farabee for 8 goals for 15 points in 16 games.

Kind of shocked we are this far in and Phil Myers is still looking for his first goal.

Good win last night, sometimes I don't know why I participate in Flyers twitter, but there were a lot of takes saying 'well, no Panarin"...and okay, that's a big guy to be missing from your team.

But damn, the guys missing from our team are all top 6 six players plus the swiss army knife guy and there are 4 of them...

And it was against a hated rival the only bad thing about the Rangers rebuilding is that it's happening at all. They could suck for another 10  years for all I care.

Yet for some it's like "oh that win doesn't count". 

Really strange, often I question whether the things I do learn are worth the myriad asshat takes. Lately it's been 40/60 against. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey if they can still stack Ws while not playing a great game I will take it.

I thought they played well.

the PK was not good. The Power play was decent, moved the puck well, got good looks, and took them. Shesterkin made some really nice saves to keep that game close.

The Flyers are a much better team and they played like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I thought they played well.

the PK was not good. The Power play was decent, moved the puck well, got good looks, and took them. Shesterkin made some really nice saves to keep that game close.

The Flyers are a much better team and they played like it. 

Yeah they need to get the Bruins out their head and if/when they do that they may find some swagger at the right time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Samifan said:

Giroux has been all over the place tonight. 3A so far. One of the best games I have seen him play this year. Must admit I am a bit surprised since he was out with covid infection and hasn’t been on ice in a couple weeks. 

Do we know if he actually got covid? He may have had to isolate just as a precaution due to someone linked to him getting it or showing symptoms related to it. Considering what covid tends to do to someone’s lungs, kudos to him if he’s on the mend so quickly and playing well.

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Do we know if he actually got covid? He may have had to isolate just as a precaution due to someone linked to him getting it or showing symptoms related to it. Considering what covid tends to do to someone’s lungs, kudos to him if he’s on the mend so quickly and playing well.

My understanding is that he was positive but asymptomatic.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

My understanding is that he was positive but asymptomatic

@elmatus

I heard in a presser he had "pretty bad" symptoms for 3 or 4 days. Not as severe as Braun's which were for a longer duration also. 

Giroux was "sick" with it.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/223-practice-giroux/t-277437426/c-7610690

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Only positive thing hes done this season 

Not according to MENSA members on the flyers Facebook posts.  He apparently walks on water, heals those with hemorrhoids in one clutch, and most impressively still has tags on all his mattresses.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

@elmatus

I heard in a presser he had "pretty bad" symptoms for 3 or 4 days. Not as severe as Braun's which were for a longer duration also. 

Giroux was "sick" with it.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/223-practice-giroux/t-277437426/c-7610690

Thanks bud. I hadn't heard that. Wow.  His return was actually quite impressive, then.