This and that Friedman claimed, Gunnarson/McCabe done for year

yave1964

Mark Friedman was claimed by the depleted defensive corp in Pittsburgh, low risk signing probably medium reward. I have attended quite a few Ohio College games, I have daughter number two at Miami of Ohio, when daughter number one was there I beleive four or five years ago Friedman played for their archrival Bowling Green and at a game I attended Friedman was all over the ice, played about 30-35 minutes and tied the game in the last minute. Easily the best player on the ice for either team, I remember memorizing his name thinking he would be a player. It hasnt happened yet but I think another team without the depth on the blueline that Philly has he might have developed quicker. He is a bit small for a third pairing, not quite the skill for top four but that one night that he dominated the Redhawks made me sit up and take notice.

Gunnarson is out for the year for the Blues and likewise, McCabe is for the Sabres. I admit to being a bit worried about St. Louis, they havent looked in sync when I have watched them, they all seem to be standing around waiting on O'Reilly or Kyrou to do something. Losing Pietrangelo was a massive hit. McCabe being lost to Buffalo hurts as their blueline looks like it should have a red cross over it.

The Ilya Samsonov saga continues. He has been sent to the AHL likely for another conditioning stint, he admitted to being winded from his last two starts in the AHL returning from a horrible case of covid, it appears he is still not ready. Vanecek has been solid, Craig Anderson came back from the dead to beat the Devils 4-3 on Sunday for his first win in over a year. Lundqvist posted a video of himself skating and who the hell knows if he plans on coming back this year (doubtful) so who the hell knows what is going on in the capital net.