Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings, Friday 2-26-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, Lonkkis said:

A proper 1-2 center punch like Crosby-Malkin or McDavid-Draisaitl would do the trick.

Or something along the lines of what the Lightning had some years ago when they brought up Tyler Johnson, Nikita Kucherov, Ondrej Palat all at the same time, all three were young and about the same age, but, the important part?
While they were all skilled and fast, they each served a different purpose:

Johnson was the playmaker/scorer
Kucherov was the sniper
Palat was the space maker/hitter net front presence.

And when things got tough, they even swapped roles for a bit, just to throw teams off.

Get just the right guys with Kaprizov and teams will have nightmares trying to play match ups.
Guys don't even have to be generational type players like Crosby or McDavid.... but just real good at whatever it is they do, all fast with skill, and compliment each other with definite and decided roles.

Evason was playing 'musical chairs' with Kaps pairings (until recently).  While I think they have really come together, I do think he needs more quality on his line as he matures.  Too many opportunities missed so far on quality chance generated by him

Walz finally makes a good point.  "It might be time for Marcus Foligno to go have a talk with Doughty" about the cheap shot on Kaprisov.  We may need to plant a Semenko type from the Gretzky days on Kaps line to minimize the dirty play against him....

Suter with the ole'

• Like 4

Looks like the Wild are turning it back up again near the end of this period.

Fortunately, no damage done to this point, but they are looking a bit shaky as compared to the first period.
That fumbling around with the puck near Talbot just now was particularly worrisome.

Maybe the long change in the second period?
Maybe too satisfied with the three goal lead?
Maybe they really WERE sipping martinis between periods...

Whatever it is, I wanna see these boys come out in the 3rd like the score is still tied.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Evason was playing 'musical chairs' with Kaps pairings (until recently).  While I think they have really come together, I do think he needs more quality on his line as he matures.  Too many opportunities missed so far on quality chance generated by him

How much longer on the Parise/Suter contracts? 5 years? 1 more year is to damn long 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

How much longer on the Parise/Suter contracts? 5 years? 1 more year is to damn long 

By the end of their respective deals, there will be resounding BOOS throughout Excel (notwithstanding the seals that will clap on demand and await their fish because they own their jerseys)

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Yep.  A dangerous check from behind just because Kap embarrassed his ass multiple times in period 1.  What an A$$Hat

Can’t stand the guy but he’s one of the best trash talkers in the league. Guy doesn’t shut up 

• Like 1

Very fortunate to escape that period. Any other year it would be tied now.
A racehorse can only run his fastest for 3/8 of a mile no matter the distance. 
I wasn't expecting the same electricity figuring LA would pick it up, But that period came up lame. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Yep.  A dangerous check from behind just because Kap embarrassed his ass multiple times in period 1.  What an A$$Hat

I think he made a face trauma to Kaprizov during the last game . Definitely, Foligno should talk to him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Can’t stand the guy but he’s one of the best trash talkers in the league. Guy doesn’t shut up 

His yapper would work less effectively with a Lou Ferrigno right from a few nights ago planted across his chops.  Just sayin.  Lou caved that poor kids visor into his skull.  Doughty should be 'Next'

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

I think he made a face trauma to Kaprizov during the last game . Definitely, Foligno should talk to him. 

I think it will be discussed between periods here. Can’t be taking liberties on Kap. Nip it in the bud now 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Trash talking is fine, the dirty **** isn't. Should send the Moose loose on him.

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

His yapper would work less effectively with a Lou Ferrigno right from a few nights ago planted across his chops.  Just sayin.  Lou caved that poor kids visor into his skull.  Doughty should be 'Next'

I’m with ya brother 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I’m with ya brother 

In fact, Lou might be perfect for Kaprisov.  He's got some game, and can plant and shield the goalie.  Plus, he can beat some A$$.  That was about the hardest punch (or two) have seen through a helmet/visor since their debut.  I couldn't believe Marcus did not have a couple gashes in his fist on the way to the box.  But alas, he was unscathed, while the kid gushed.  MANLY man.  Old style hockey 

• Like 1

Just now, lynxrattle said:

Quite a game going on. Hopefully they bury it by scoring one early. I don't want Kaprizov getting mauled. He really humiliated Doughty in that goal of his.

Things COULD get a bit ugly if Kaprizov continues to do so.
I believe Doughty is "assigned" to him by the LA bench and for the most part, Kap is making a mockery of Drew's coverage.

Doughty may resort to more.......unsavory tactics than he has shown already.
Minnesota 4th liners need to be on the look out for that stuff...maybe even start the pre-emptive strikes themselves by pounding some LA forwards along boards and at the blue lines.
Keep the focus away from Doughty on Kaprizov.