Game 19: Flyers at Sabres; 2/28/21 @ 3, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are heavy favorites going into the matchup:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-buffalo-odds-february-28-2021-1366666

I would love to see Ghost and the "New" Laughton line keep up their good work from Saturday.  An energized Ghost would be a real boost--Laughton looked en fuego with Jake and Oscar. 

A lot of pressure on Hart today. Especially with the 35 year old sitting top 10 with his stats.

Never did i think we would be sitting here with a goalie with a 5-1-0 record to go with 2.03 gaa and a 931% and it wouldn't be Carter Hart.

No one here did. Can the kid rebound and get his game back on track???

Well if he can't vs the Sabre team i would start to get concerned with the kid.

I just hope the team will help ease some of the pressure on him and play well around the crease today i imagine the Sabres will try to come out and play better today. Flyers just need to stay out the box and try to get this terrible PP (16th) going.

The shocking thing is i new their PP wasn't good but i didn't realize their PK was 4th worse in the NHL (28th).

Hard to believe their special teams are struggling this much and sit at 10-4-3.

They have a lot to work on and get better at. Start today.

First question, why does their special teams continue to suck? How has this not been fixed?

B. I dont think anyone should panic on Hart. He isnt setting the league on fire right now, but he's very young. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the G1 for the future. Elliott is doing a great job. I stated elsewhere, I think he is the best back up in the league, and probably the MVP of this team. If he was put back in the G1 role, playing everyday, he would most likely see his numbers take a huge hit. The Flyers need to stay the course, and keep doing what they are doing. BUT DAMMIT! FIX THE FRGGIN SPECIAL TEAMS! RIGHT FRICKEN NOW!

Oh, and trade Laughton

Flyers come out flat first 10 Mins. NAK was our best forward. Had some good looks on the PP so maybe that will wake them up. 

Voracek continues to be a turnover machine, every puck exploding off his stick.

#IHATEJAKE

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm with ya.

The penalty he just took was asinine.

Agreed. Guy has some pretty assists every once and a while but other than that he’s useless. Turnover machine, bad penalties and the entire league knows he is never a threat to shoot the puck.

Not a $9 million/year player. 

#sendhimtoseattle

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

When does Eichel start demanding a trade?

I think he’s doing it non-verbally. Jackass not putting much effort in when in his defensive zone. 

kid may be talented but he’s a coach killer and doesn’t seem to make those better around him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Agreed. Guy has some pretty assists every once and a while but other than that he’s useless. Turnover machine, bad penalties and the entire league knows he is never a threat to shoot the puck.

Not a $9 million/year player. 

#sendhimtoseattle

Why would Seattle want a 9 mil floater? They might not be good out of the gate, but I would want players that care and play hard every shift if I were them.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Why would Seattle want a 9 mil floater? They might not be good out of the gate, but I would want players that care and play hard every shift if I were them.

My only thought would be they may need some bad contracts to get to the salary cap floor. 

Plus who wouldn’t want Jake’s “play making abilities”:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

6 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I think he’s doing it non-verbally. Jackass not putting much effort in when in his defensive zone. 

kid may be talented but he’s a coach killer and doesn’t seem to make those better around him. 

Was going to post similarly

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Samifan said:

This won't be a popular opinion, but I don't like Eichel. I really wouldn't want him on my team.  I suspect one of the biggest problems in Buffalo is actually him.

He's Buffalo's 2nd overall "damn ping pong ball."