Game 19: Flyers at Sabres; 2/28/21 @ 3, NBCSP

Howie58

In all seriousness, the Sabres were just overmatched.
And for Philly, these games haven't been a true test for them as to "where they are".

That's gonna have to come against teams that have it together more than Buffalo does at this point in time.

Flyers are gonna see a LOT of the Penguins and Capitals coming up.
That should put into perspective where the team is and whether they really do need to make a move (I believe they might, as I still am not sold on the overall Flyers depth).

Hart might need to recharge his batteries and come back strong, and I think Philly needs a good dose of a healthy and productive Travis Konecny if they want to go back to being the dangerous team many thought they'd be this year.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

In all seriousness, the Sabres were just overmatched.

Yes this is true. But it might be the perfect timing to get both goalies winning and playing well.

Hart has been fighting the puck lately but got back on the horse today hell of a job keeping the shutout going. Now let's up the competition and see where they stand.

Penguin week coming up on the Discovery channel. Still no Konecny i miss that bugger.

I miss the Giroux vs Sid battles. Will we see the ol Giroux from the other day vs the Rags?

Hard to argue with still not playing their best game and have won 3 straight despite missing players from the Vid.

51 minutes ago, CoachX said:

bashing the hell out of JVR

What do you think has helped NAK play so well???

Your support man without you no one would even know him.

If he only had better creativity with the puck....he needs to be putting shots on goal and stop looking to pass.

I love him and Raffl together talk about two lunch pail young guys. I like Bunnyman too.

I don't know why but Raffl is a guy who Cup Wars will need i can't see a Stanley Cup without him, that is strange to say. 

But if the Flyers can ever get Giroux, Jake, TK and especially Oskar and Nolan man they could make a serious run.

Man if i can add Ekholm to this, with maybe giving up Gustafsson, Sandstrom and 1st and what??

InsideAHLHockey.com, we reported the Nashville Predators were in town at the Flyers' AHL affiliate's home rink PPL Center Saturday night, scouting the Lehigh Valley Phantoms' plethora of rookie defensemen (Linus Hogberg, Mason Millman, Wyatte Wylie and Egor Zamula) and other notable forward prospects.

Let's talk:

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Penguin week coming up on the Discovery channel. Still no Konecny i miss that bugger.

little bugger may be back Tuesday, Thursday should be a definite 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Well, we beat a squad that doesn't have much going for it.  It probably amped Hart's psyche.  And it was good to see some creative offense.  But the coming week is a sort of min-playoff away against an archrival.  That may be a real test.

I was glad to see Ghost with pep in the step.  If he's on his game, Provo and Ghost make an interesting duo.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Well, we beat a squad that doesn't have much going for it.  It probably amped Hart's psyche.  And it was good to see some creative offense.  But the coming week is a sort of min-playoff away against an archrival.  That may be a real test.

I was glad to see Ghost with pep in the step.  If he's on his game, Provo and Ghost make an interesting duo.  

Now, if we can just get Ghost to complete a breakout pass competently.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What do you think has helped NAK play so well???

Your support man without you no one would even know him.

I am a team player, always looking to help out my fellow man (Flyer fan)?

• Like 2

You can only beat the team you're playing tonite.

This was a good weekend for the Flyers no matter how anyone looks at it.

If they continue to play the way have in 5 of the last 6 games. They'll be fine, they'll make the playoffs, they'll win some rounds.

Also when is it acceptable to start mentioning Sean Couturier and Hart trophy in the same sentence?

I'll say it's today.