Krueger, though I like him, must go now. And some of these lazy overpaid players must go

Buffalo Rick

On 3/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, ruxpin said:

I mean, can you imagine the dead cap space if the team started buying people out? 

Skinner would be around $1.5M in 21-22, 23-24, 24-25 and $9M in 22-23, $4.5M in 25-26, and $6.4M in 26-27, then $2.5M through 2033.

A horrifically bad contract made worse by the fact that the team isn't even playing the player in the position that got him to production to "warrant" the contract.

That said, aside from Eichel who actually has trade value, there aren't a lot of other terrible high dollar contracts. OK, Okposo, but that's $6M for two more years. After that Ristolainen for $5.4M next season. Nobody else above $4M next year. No, seriously.

I suppose they'll re-sign Reinhart ($5.2M RFA).

The real problem here has been ownership and management. Since Ruff left, they've had three first-time head coaches, a retread in Nolan, and Bylsma. The results speak for themselves.

Much like the Flyers desperately needed Vignault to right the ship, the Sabres need a coach who can, you know, coach.

With 10 roster players signed for next season plus Girgensons, this is a prime time for them to tear it down and rebuild. I'd seriously consider trading Eichel and buying out Skinner.

They need a whole new culture on the Sabres - one that's not covered in the losing stench of the past decade.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

So Freddie Kreuger is out in Buffalo. Who are they replacing him with?

Don Granato will be the #Sabres interim coach and Steve Smith has also been fired. Development coaches Matt Ellis and Dan Girardi are going to be behind the bench as assistants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would jump on Gerard Gallant before the Kraken do.

He's a really good coach, and they should consider him, unless Granato does extremely well there. He was fired after a 24-19-5 season in Vegas, where the GM, McCrimmon, thought they underachieved ... after reaching the SCF. If the Sabres were 24-19-5 right now, their fans would be dancing on the ice of Lake Erie.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Samifan said:

They tried a soccer coach and it failed so my guess is Pegulas are interviewing top volleyball coaches next or maybe a solid tennis coach?

I thought maybe Field Hockey ...after all it has the word Hockey in it.... LOL

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I thought maybe Field Hockey ...after all it has the word Hockey in it.... LOL

My money is on the Pegulas mooing with the tennis coach that taught their daughter.

#loyalty  

31 minutes ago, Samifan said:

They tried a soccer coach and it failed so my guess is Pegulas are interviewing top volleyball coaches next or maybe a solid tennis coach?

How about dodgeball?