Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Monday 3-1-21, 9:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

MNSOTA

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1188970

Minnesota Wild (12-6-0)  24pts  2nd in Honda West

3.17 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

2.44 Goals Against Per Game (5th in the NHL)

7.9% Power Play (31st in the NHL)

84.9% Penalty Kill (8th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 6G 11A = 17pts

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 2G 12A = 14pts

3. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 8G 4A = 12pts

4. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 3G 8A = 11pts

5. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 6G 3A = 9pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 29 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 24 PIM's

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 22 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (8-4-0)  2.41GAA  .915%SP

2. #33 Cam Talbot (4-2-0)  2.19GAA  .926%SP

Vs.

Vegas Golden Knights (12-4-1)  26pts  1st in Honda West

3.00 Goals For Per Game (14th in the NHL)

2.06 Goals Against Per Game (2nd in the NHL)

18.2% Power Play (19th in the NHL)

87.5% Penalty Kill (4th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #61 Mark Stone ~ 4G 13A = 17pts

2. #71 William Karlsson ~ 5G 9A = 14pts

3. #67 Max Pacioretty ~ 8G 5A = 13pts

4. #89 Alex Tuch ~ 7G 6A = 13pts

5. #81 Jonathan Marchessault ~ 6G 7A = 13pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #81 Jonathan Marchessaut ~ 22 PIM's

2. #61 Mark Stone ~ 13 PIM's

3. #89 Alex Tuch ~ 12 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (9-3-0)  1.59GAA  .941%SP  3SO

2. #90 Robin Lehner (3-1-1)  2.96GAA  .890%SP

• Like 1

We'll now be able to see if Kaprizov can be shut down, and if so, can our other lines compensate. I usually hate seeing the Goldies because they got Tuch, but now it doesn't sting that much. We have a bratishka that the whole wide hockey world is beginning to notice 😎

• Like 2

Any news on Stalock clearing waivers? I didn't see what time it was officially yesterday.
I thought the plan was to keep him (as per his extension) to be exposed to the Draft. 🤔

Maybe tonight Fiala can take some attention away from Kaprizov and free both of them up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

We'll now be able to see if Kaprizov can be shut down, and if so, can our other lines compensate. I usually hate seeing the Goldies because they got Tuch, but now it doesn't sting that much. We have a bratishka that the whole wide hockey world is beginning to notice 😎

Probably, that is going to be their main goal  to shut him down. Definitely, he needs more protection and not only for this game, but many other games because of same reason. I think it is going to be an intriguing game for us, because of Vegas 1st position in our division; because of their best records on their home ice and because of an outstanding Marc-Andre Fleury records so far (1.59GAA and 3 SO)this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Looks like Oilers got Stalock. :( 

I heard that Buffalo wanted him, but Oilers were faster to sign him. He had the best his career record by playing in NHL - 20 wins last season with the Wild team, which attracted Oilers (20-11-4).

I forgot to mention about a must see game tonight that for the 1st time in almost a year Vegas allowed 2600 fans to be in attendance to support their team. Hope, we will start of doing that more in our arena. Our team is hot too so far  and merit to allow more fans on our home ice arena.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Any news on Stalock clearing waivers? I didn't see what time it was officially yesterday.
I thought the plan was to keep him (as per his extension) to be exposed to the Draft. 🤔

Maybe tonight Fiala can take some attention away from Kaprizov and free both of them up.

I hope so, as well as maybe Sturm and Hartman too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I heard that Buffalo wanted him, but Oilers were faster to sign him. He had the best his career record by playing in NHL - 20 wins last season with the Wild team, which attracted Oilers (20-11-4).

Having two teams battling for your services while being on waivers, that some kind of tremendous consecration.

• Like 2

I think Cam Talbot advised to Alex Stalock on choosing Edmonton Oilers team, because he played there for 4 seasons and that team having much more perspectives than Buffalo Sabres team. Probably, he will play there as a successful backup goalie and wishing him all the best in his career.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I think Cam Talbot advised to Alex Stalock on choosing Edmonton Oilers team, because he played there for 4 seasons and that team having much more perspectives than Buffalo Sabres team. Probably, he will play there as a successful backup goalie and wishing him all the best in his career.

I thought the team with the worse record gets the claim?

7 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Man those Vegas helmets are distracting.

Not a fan of them.  Its like Notre Dame with their 'real gold' in the paint.  Makes them look too flashy and has some glare effect on TV.  I wonder how annoying it is at ice level?

• Like 2

Just now, bbgarnett said:

I'm assuming they do it to potentially distract other opposing players/goalies.

Smart idea if it was an intentional distraction.  I still hate them.  I also think Vegas has gone from the team a lot of people were rooting for, to a team to dislike.  Two reasons; 1)  The fact that they were allowed to rape every team in the expansion draft and become instantly good  2)  The presence of Reeves on their team - hate that hack.  Someone needs to beat his a$$

• Like 1