Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Monday 3-1-21, 9:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

MNSOTA

Good night to all. At least we have got a point on their ice. We made some good efforts, which, sadly, were not enough for the win/to hold the score 4:2. Next game is on Wednesday, probably, with Kahkonen in the net. 

5 minutes ago, Bear said:

Thanks Fletcher

While I am sure Fletcher had something to do with it, the 'man love' between Craig and 11 and 20 was the REAL problem.  No one put a gun to his head and made him put his Hancock on the two horse$hit deals.  The term is just outrageous.  Through age 40 with NTC/NMC, and outside of the $ dropping down at the end, how many players have ever been given those types of deals for being 'above average' players only in their prime.  They should both be sued for 'franchise malpractice' by STHs

Well now we know. VGK is the better team, but we're not that far away. We managed to get a point and the second period was big boy hockey against a very good team. The Wild will rise again (but will Suter - that line earlier by McMahon 6 was just hysterical 🤣)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Well now we know. VGK is the better team, but we're not that far away. We managed to get a point and the second period was big boy hockey against a very good team. The Wild will rise again (but will Suter - that line earlier by McMahon 6 was just hysterical 🤣)

I agree. We were pretty competitive against that big very experienced playoffs team. Not so many teams were able to place 4 goals in regulation into Fleury's net, but we did it. We still have 3 more games this month against the team which I called the "Mirroring  Helmets". I think those distracting helmets and the Vegas team's  experience will give us more experience too how to play against them during the playoffs time. Every team has their own weak spots and we need to look for them now, but not during the playoffs time. Media were predicted if we will be able to place in their Fleury's net 3 goals then we will be fine. We placed 4 goals, but it was not enough. Probably, we should improve more our entire team's defense to hold the score or to improve our offensive style even out of our defense to place more than 4 goals in regulation. We should not give to any teams additional points in OT in our division.

15 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Greenway has no business being out on 3v3. Rask? anyone else, Foligno??

Fiala- Zuccarello - Kaprizov. We need a fast non-standard thinking during the PP and 3-on-3 time. And we should stay out of penalty box against them (last night they placed 2 PP goals out of 3 PP times ). And if I remember, they had 0 penalties last game too.

• Like 1

I just checked our stats for the last game: We had 3 penalties - they had none; we made 11 shots during the 1st period - they did 12; we had 16 shots during the 2nd period- they had 15;  we had 3 shots during the 3rd period - they had 11; we had 0 shots during OT - they had 1. Total 30 shots vs 39.  3rd period we should play better; more aggressive.

29 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

We should also be able to draw more penalties.

Agree. I also forgot to mention that they were successful to neutralize our 2nd line: Rask and Zuccarello had 0 shots; and Kaprizov had 3 shots. Anyway it is a smart team to play against. We should be better tomorrow and be more focused in everything. Too many men on ice cost us a goal last game which turned momentum to OT as well as to our loss in OT.

5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

In a podcast there was also talk about VGK not getting called for interference. If that is true, it partly explains why their defending is the most efficient in the NHL.

Good point. That was true too.