Game 28: Flyers at Rangers; 3/17/21 @ 7:30 NBCSN

Howie58

Just now, RonJeremy said:

You hit it right on the head, once the corporate douchebags took over it will never be the same as with Snider.The clowns running the show can come up with a successful mascot to make up for the lack of personality on the team, but they can’t devise a plan to improve this lifeless team that has been mired in mediocrity for years.

The thing that also makes me angry is, if Ed Snider indeed knew about hockey, it was his responsibility to hire the best people for the job, not alumni and friends. I'm not sure Ed really cared about the success of his team, just the brand.

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I was joking.... what I really meant was.. they are taking it in the back end.

Don't worry, they'll fix it by acquiring a Preparation H.

Edited by FD19372

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The thing that also makes me angry is, if Ed Snider indeed knew about hockey, it was his responsibility to hire the best people for the job, not alumni and friends. I'm not sure Ed really cared about the success of his team, just the brand.

That may have been Ed’s only fault, he was very generous in giving jobs to ex players. 

• Like 1

I decided to take a walk after the first period, reckoning that would be better for me than watching another two bad periods.  That was a good decision.  This heat map of shots, coupled with virtually identical save percentages of Hart and Elliott, tells a lot:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mika-zibanejad-rangers-offense-explodes-021331594.html

Our D is dysfunctional.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I decided to take a walk after the first period, reckoning that would be better for me than watching another two bad periods.  That was a good decision.  This heat map of shots, coupled with virtually identical save percentages of Hart and Elliott, tells a lot:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mika-zibanejad-rangers-offense-explodes-021331594.html

Our D is dysfunctional.  

i know im saying get rid of the whole d core im just going through emotions of trying to figure this out but i think what might work is get three impact defenseman on all three pairings, like for instance ekholm - provy,  hamilton - sanheim pairings and maybe a cheap impact d man for third pairing for myers, at least it will help them feel confident about who they will give the puck to because right now it looks they dont know who can make a play.

it's the same with forwards as well,  if they can somehow get johnny g for the first line, laine for second line, maybe keep jvr for the third line  and maybe a cheap 4th line impact player, that would help chemistry for the younger players, it would make them feel confident on who can make the plays and not passing it all over the place because they dont know who can make the plays.

Edited by tucson83

First time poster,

The team tonight is a hallmark of an Alain Vigneault coached team,

1, it has no heart

2, there is no game plan

3, no in game adjustments of any kind.

He needs to be fired ASAP but does Fletcher have the balls to do it?

You may ask who is available, well my answer is Mike Babcock.

4 hours ago, Fizz said:

First time poster,

The team tonight is a hallmark of an Alain Vigneault coached team,

1, it has no heart

2, there is no game plan

3, no in game adjustments of any kind.

He needs to be fired ASAP but does Fletcher have the balls to do it?

You may ask who is available, well my answer is Mike Babcock.

I think the game has passed Babcock... we need someone who can work with the "yutes".

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I think the game has passed Babcock... we need someone who can work with the "yutes".

Babcock is too insensitive for the soyswilling ******* in today’s NHL. His brash demeanor might hurt their feelings. Feelings are more important these days over facts.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Ok woke up this morning hoping last night's game was just a horrific nightmare and that it never really happened.  Sadly it was reality.  Here is my after game thought process......

I think this team is just like it always has been…. Middle of the road at best and yet not horrible enough to be bottom of the barrel where this team/organization could be in a position to draft a serious difference maker.   (And when we did get lucky we got JVR / Patrick) 

Honestly, IMHO, making a trade at this point is foolish unless we are blowing up this core group of players. (Sorry, I have little use for Jake and G at this point... and yes I am a bit salty after that debacle last night and yes I get the point a veteran d-man could help our youngsters develop but you get my point)

Historically, it makes very little difference who the coach is at this point because we have gone through enough various coaches with different coaching styles and this team still performs the same ever year. It really is maddening isn't it .......

I have been saying this for awhile now but after last nights embarrassing loss I’m ready to throw in the towel with the make up of this team. Totally unwatchable compared to most NHL teams. I’m just totally disgusted with this organization and have been for quite some time.  

Just a godawful night ......

PS ..... I'm beginning to think some of last years success was nothing more than a teasing mirage ..........

i think last year was more to do with hart standing on his head because our core players werent stepping up at times, so it's pretty much the same problems since lavy was hired.

this team needs a major retool in the offseason and fletch needs to find a way to trade giroux and jake and trade for a new talent like johnny g, laine, jack eichel and some proven impact dman as well. we have the assets to get it done, it's the question of will this organization do it? the sooner the better because if we dont, we could be the redwings and buffalo because this division is getting more talent and it's getting more difficult for the flyers to compete with them.

like i said it has to be now or we are screwed.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CoachX said:

I believe we are watching an organizational failure. I believe they foster an image and expectation of malaise, holding to the model of it being a business.  Money is beimg made. Rating are sufficient. Executives are still rich douchebags.

"definitely a playoff team"

:hocky:

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Honestly, IMHO, making a trade at this point is foolish

Agree 100%. This team as constructed needs more than one player. Adding a veteran D man will not fix the lazy forwards. Even after a full nights sleep, I woke up pissed thinking that I had witnessed zero forwards even attempt to get back on D  on the Rags 9th goal!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

zero forwards even attempt to get back on D

Here is my answer from what I posted last night ...... I don't give a damn that they make millions of dollars ..... that goal was pure laziness.  Its one thing to lose when you are giving all your effort . That I can tolerate ....what I CANNOT tolerate is a bunch of lazy ass players not skating back on D.  Totally unacceptable ....like I said I don't give a damn what they make ..... I would make them skate after the game until they puke .....all of them.

• Good Post 1

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Here is my answer from what I posted last night ...... I don't give a damn that they make millions of dollars ..... that goal was pure laziness.  Its one thing to lose when you are giving all your effort . That I can tolerate ....what I CANNOT tolerate is a bunch of lazy ass players not skating back on D.  Totally unacceptable ....like I said I don't give a damn what they make ..... I would make them skate after the game until they puke .....all of them.

Didn’t Keenan do just that a few times his first season or two? 

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Didn’t Keenan do just that a few times his first season or two? 

Damn .... I was in high school back then.  I've killed a few brain since then. (LOL)  Honestly I don't remeber if Keenan did it or not.  I remember him being a hard nose coach, but we didn't have social media and internet coverage 24/7 like we do today.  He might have done it ... I just don't remember it.

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Damn .... I was in high school back then.  I've killed a few brain since then. (LOL)  Honestly I don't remeber if Keenan did it or not.  I remember him being a hard nose coach, but we didn't have social media and internet coverage 24/7 like we do today.  He might have done it ... I just don't remember it.

Gotta love google: Keenan did it in 84, guess I have some brain cells left. Lol

https://next-level-athletics.com/mike-keenan-stole-christmas/

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Adding a veteran D man will not fix the lazy forwards

Fine. Then add 2, and trade a forward. Pick one. I don't care which one, besides Coots. I would keep him.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Gotta love google: Keenan did it in 84, guess I have some brain cells left. Lol

https://next-level-athletics.com/mike-keenan-stole-christmas/

@pilldoc could you imagine if AV or any coach currently in the league tried holding a 90 minute bag skate with today’s players?  

23 minutes ago, Samifan said:

@pilldoc could you imagine if AV or any coach currently in the league tried holding a 90 minute bag skate with today’s players?  

I know ..... I'm sure the NHLPA would have a hissy fit about and the players would probably rebel but eff them.  After that S**tshow  last night I don't care.  Matter of fact I would probably be rather amused.

• Like 3