Game 36: Flyers at Sabres; 3/31/21 @ 7:30, XYZTV

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Let's ruin another kid's confidence.

Not worried about Lyon so much honestly. He is already 28 and well just nothing ore than a AHL journeyman.

Plus they have Zane McIntyre on an AHL contract only and actually played better in the AHL than Lyon ever has plus he is bigger and i think a better break glass in case of emergency type goalie than Lyon.

Zane has stole the crease in LV this year going 6-1-1 with a 922% 2.29 gaa.

Lyon this year in LV has a 874% with the same squad. So meh.

• Uggh... 1

51 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not worried about Lyon so much honestly. He is already 28 and well just nothing ore than a AHL journeyman.

Plus they have Zane McIntyre on an AHL contract only and actually played better in the AHL than Lyon ever has plus he is bigger and i think a better break glass in case of emergency type goalie than Lyon.

Zane has stole the crease in LV this year going 6-1-1 with a 922% 2.29 gaa.

Lyon this year in LV has a 874% with the same squad. So meh.

Lyon has played 4 periods of AHL hockey in the last calendar year.  Plus, a whopping 16 games in the previous 3...not the largest sample size.

I will not disagree that he is a NHL/AHL tweener at best. But also, the year he played the most games he had his best season.

He is a battler.

I think he might find himself coaching the position if he wants to stay in hockey. 

He's an interesting cat, every interview I've heard with him he really sounds like a student  of the position and game. He's a cerebral guy and studies the position looking for areas where he can improve.

I think he's maxed out his talent though, lots of times those guys do wind up making pretty okay coaches

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Lyon has played 4 periods of AHL hockey in the last calendar year.  Plus, a whopping 16 games in the previous 3...not the largest sample size.

I will not disagree that he is a NHL/AHL tweener at best. But also, the year he played the most games he had his best season.

He is a battler.

I think he might find himself coaching the position if he wants to stay in hockey. 

He's an interesting cat, every interview I've heard with him he really sounds like a student  of the position and game. He's a cerebral guy and studies the position looking for areas where he can improve.

I think he's maxed out his talent though, lots of times those guys do wind up making pretty okay coaches

Yeah I like the guy.

But he is maxed out and well next year the Phantoms needs to be Ustimenko's and Ersson's crease.

Flyers could look to move Sandstrom if they don't lose him to the Kraken.

Whatever happens to Lyon I am good with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Ya know...I've seen this poop show of a Flyers team, for too long and it stopped being enjoyable, sometime in February. Here's to hoping for a blowout Sabres win tonight, so the Penguins keep the losing record, and the Flyers trade two of the should be leaders, but are WAY OVERPAID passengers...from this team. Blow it up!💣

Yeah, February 2011    🤢

• Uggh... 1

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Ya know...I've seen this poop show of a Flyers team, for too long and it stopped being enjoyable, sometime in February. Here's to hoping for a blowout Sabres win tonight, so the Penguins keep the losing record, and the Flyers trade two of the should be leaders, but are WAY OVERPAID passengers...from this team. Blow it up!💣

Yeah, February 2011    🤢

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess AV will only send a message to his kids.

WTF does it take to scratch Jake Voracek????

this confirms to me that upper management has deemed Jake off limits, at least in my mind

I like what I am seeing though. Ghost waived.Pity- Pat-rick, and Lindblom scratched. What's next, can Laughton be traded  🙏:drool:

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

this confirms to me that upper management has deemed Jake off limits, at least in my mind

And now this. WTF Gus makes Ghost look like a Norris candidate.

There goes Sam Morin's chance of developing....SMFH!!!!

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Per Jeff Skversky of Channel 6 Action News Philadelphia, Oskar Lindblom and Nolan Patrick will not play tonight vs. the Buffalo Sabres.

neither will Giroux, or Jake, or the defense....but they will remain in the lineup

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And now this. WTF Gus makes Ghost look like a CHUCK Norris candidate.

There goes Sam Morin's chance of developing....SMFH!!!!

fixed!

• Haha 3

i'm now wondering if these seemingly random benchings (while the whole team could be faulted) are signs of a bigger, internal strife we don't know about. As I said to a friend earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the players rebel and completely quit on the team tonight for the ugliest loss of the season (and that's something after the 9-0 rangers game).

27 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i'm now wondering if these seemingly random benchings (while the whole team could be faulted) are signs of a bigger, internal strife we don't know about.

Maybe they need rest since we know what they have been through to be here.

I'm going to try and hit the reset with Patrick and hope we see something soon.

I just want to see them skate like they want it more for just one 60 minute span. Once.

Then go from there. Got to start the best lineup regardless of age or pay. Way i see it.

• Like 1

why do you bench players? To send a message, or prepare them for a move. Possibly because you have nothing to lose, so you want to see some other guys in game situations. Given the state of the team, and the current wiving of Ghost, these benchings might have more significance than just a kick in the ass

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

why do you bench players? To send a message, or prepare them for a move. Possibly because you have nothing to lose, so you want to see some other guys in game situations. Given the state of the team, and the current wiving of Ghost, these benchings might have more significance than just a kick in the ass

Whoa.  Sounds like more than just a *kick* in the ass! 😱

• Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe they need rest since we know what they have been through to be here.

I'm going to try and hit the reset with Patrick and hope we see something soon.

I just want to see them skate like they want it more for just one 60 minute span. Once.

Then go from there. Got to start the best lineup regardless of age or pay. Way i see it.

i hope you're right and i'm wrong.

17-2-2 vs the Sabres ... but Elliot is prob close to the edge of breaking down by now. Can’t fault him for that one...deflection by Braun....but I thought maybe they should’ve rested Elliot tonight and let Lyon see some action.

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Jeezuschrist Braun jeezuschrist Flyers

He has two nice assists tonight on both goals.

But Elliott feel free to bail these guys out at any moment you feel like it.