Flyers Place Gostisbehere On Waivers

Digityman

22 minutes ago, Digityman said:

To me Ghost actually provides creativity, something this team sorely lacks

yes.  Creativity.  LIke "they have the puck in the defensive zone and my ass should be near the crease to stop that guy coming in from the half-boards.  But the creative, undrafted-for-a-reason mofo in me will find a really original place to be.   How about up there by the point!  Now THAT's creativity, bayyyybeee!"

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

How dare you think a player in the Flyers sweater doesn't suck and has actual value. C'mon man wtf?

I'll bet you would probably scoff at Couturier, Sanheim, Patrick and 2nd for Eichel too.

sheesh. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Now THAT was creative!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

yes.  Creativity.  LIke "they have the puck in the defensive zone and my ass should be near the crease to stop that guy coming in from the half-boards.  But the creative, undrafted-for-a-reason mofo in me will find a really original place to be.   How about up there by the point!  Now THAT's creativity, bayyyybeee!"

You're not wrong.  But to be fair, that's every single player on the team right now.  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

1 minute ago, Digityman said:

You're not wrong.  But to be fair, that's every single player on the team right now.  

yeah.

I'm cranky.

But this is Ghost all the time, not just recently.  I actually don't see much difference between him and Gus at this point.   Ghost is probably safer to waive if they're just trying to make roster space but not lose anyone, only because of the cap hit and the term.

I was as enthralled as anyone when Ghost first came up.  But defensively, he's terrible.   On the other hand, we gave Morin a shot at wing but have failed to do that with Ghost--who seems a bit more obvious a candidate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Math said:

In all fairness, Is (or became) Gostisbehere that bad ?

Asking for a friend.

No not really he is just making about a million and a half more than he should.

And signed also for too long.

• Like 3

Just now, ruxpin said:

yeah.

I'm cranky.

But this is Ghost all the time, not just recently.  I actually don't see much difference between him and Gus at this point.   Ghost is probably safer to waive if they're just trying to make roster space but not lose anyone, only because of the cap hit and the term.

I was as enthralled as anyone when Ghost first came up.  But defensively, he's terrible.   On the other hand, we gave Morin a shot at wing but have failed to do that with Ghost--who seems a bit more obvious a candidate.  

Didn't they play Ghost at wing last year? Or were we just talking about it? I can't remember anything these days. Except that the Flyers suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Digityman said:

If he doesn't get claimed I'll be shocked. 

Panthers have more than enough cap space once they IR Ekblad - and have over $3M now so they could probably take it on with no problem. That said, they've got five guys signed for next season...

Who's looking forward to seeing Ghost and Gudas in the playoffs for Florida? (Panthers are 11 points up on the tied 4/5 spot in the "Central" with a game in hand). Also, too, Gudas is the only 30+ skater (he's 30) for Florida.

Yes, the Florida Panthers have 10 more points than the Flyers this season...

🤔

Just now, Podein25 said:

Didn't they play Ghost at wing last year? Or were we just talking about it? I can't remember anything these days. Except that the Flyers suck.

I know we (the forum) talked about it for years but I don't remember them (flyers) actually doing it.  Instead they tried the 6'7" guy that's played 7 games in 3 years.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

why did I think he was undrafted?   I really need a nap...

because Myers was, and he gets nabbed not being aware of who is behind him/potentially behind him  often ?

• Like 1

Once Ghost clears waivers the Flyers will have close 5 mill to spend...stay tuned.

Another shoe to drop?

I said if they were going to do something now is the time to do it before playing the Isles and Bruins twice.

6 minutes ago, Math said:

In all fairness, Is (or became) Gostisbehere that bad ?

Asking for a friend.

No, what @OccamsRazorsays.

We, the Flyers fanbase, have reached the point of a disappointing season where all of our players suck and everyone needs fired. 

It's really the only way forward. 

Currently everyone needs traded and there needs to be complete rebuild from scratch because the last 5 years of rebuild didn't rebuild the right team.

I'm only half-joking about all of it. 

People are justifiably pissed, and the team has under-performed mightily. No babies or bath water to be spared.

Ghost is finally healthy and able to play his high risk/reward game pretty well.

Problem is everyone in the defensive corps has forgotten how to play hockey, so when he gets muscled off a puck or from in front of the net, it's usually a goal against. 

It's not been fun. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Does anyone have a clip of Ghosts comments that may have ruffled managements feathers or can someone give a brief summary for those of us out of state fans?

thanks 

Gostisbehere: "It's just straight not good enough right now. We're letting guys just fuc king absolutely beat us up in front of the net. It makes our goaltenders look like absolute sh it, and it's not fair."

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Ghost is finally healthy and able to play his high risk/reward game pretty well.

Problem is everyone in the defensive corps has forgotten how to play hockey, so when he gets muscled off a puck or from in front of the net, it's usually a goal against. 

It's not been fun. 

And that is one of my biggest issues with this.

EVERYONE who is on the roster known as a defenseman does this.

Besides Ivan he is just the 2nd highest paid.

And I think Chuckles is banking on him not getting claimed and if they do well that gives them about 8 plus mill in cap space instead of 5.

But IF they really wanted to send a goddamn message then waive Jake Voracek punk ass!!!

I also heard this about Ghost, Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ghost pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I hope he pulls through

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

No, what @OccamsRazorsays.

We, the Flyers fanbase, have reached the point of a disappointing season where all of our players suck and everyone needs fired. 

It's really the only way forward. 

Currently everyone needs traded and there needs to be complete rebuild from scratch because the last 5 years of rebuild didn't rebuild the right team.

I'm only half-joking about all of it. 

People are justifiably pissed, and the team has under-performed mightily. No babies or bath water to be spared.

It's not been fun. 

Coots is pretty good. So is that Farabee kid. And Provy. I think hes a guy I'd keep

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I also heard this about Ghost, Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ghost pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I hope he pulls through

Really?

Well my uncle's cousin's aunt's gardener's step daughter's middle child was there behind the counter and actually scooped his ice cream....I knew it was true.

• Like 1