Flyers Place Gostisbehere On Waivers

Digityman

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Gostisbehere: "It's just straight not good enough right now. We're letting guys just fuc king absolutely beat us up in front of the net. It makes our goaltenders look like absolute sh it, and it's not fair."

Thanks @Digitymanand @OccamsRazor

Pretty fair assessment IMO, can’t believe management would be this petty because Ghost had the sack to speak up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Really?

Well my uncle's cousin's aunt's gardener's step daughter's middle child was there behind the counter and actually scooped his ice cream....I knew it was true.

Well there you have it two completely reliable sources. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Just now, mojo1917 said:

Well there you have it two completely reliable sources. 

Top Goals/60 for Dmen since

Gostisbehere entered league:

1. Weber: 0.56

2. Burns: 0.55

3. Hamilton: 0.55

4. Werenski: 0.5

5. Gostisbehere: 0.46

Whatever you think of Ghost... you are probably underrating him in terms of what he has done for #Flyers

• Good Post 2

56 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

fun part is no one knows diddly/poo about why so some people, me mostly, are making things up.

I heard he actually pissed on Dave Scott's desk and said "how do you like this bias for action, punk".  

@Samifan

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Currently everyone needs traded and there needs to be complete rebuild from scratch because the last 5 years of rebuild didn't rebuild the right team.

I sense just a touch of sarcasm... :thumbsu:

Thing is, they've never actually rebuilt. They played the game where they take a bubble, er, um "definitely a" playoff team and try to tweak it into the playoffs where "anything can happen."

You know - "Flyers hockey".

That was the entire point of the Hayes signing and bringing in Niskanen and Braun. They were "a 2C and a couple of vet dmen" away from being "competitive."

And they actually won a playoff round. 🎆

So, it's working!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

AV says this is for 'flexibility'.   As mentioned earlier, it would only pull off 1m from the cap.    So why not waive Prosser, Gus.... hell, Hayes (he's done sh!t all year), nothing against Oskar but he's pretty worthless out there also (with an excuse, I know).  Let's see, how about NAK?   TK looks like he just came from mites.   JVR is back to himself.   Myers showing why he wasn't drafted.  

They are all playing like crap.  After reading more this is, imho, about AV being pissed about Ghost's comments the other night.   Maybe, just maybe, tied to another move but the choice of Ghost is nothing more than butthurt feelings.

• Like 1

Sorry, I'll stop after this..... 

Ghost is the 4th best dman on this team currently?   Is that safe to say? 

Ivan, Sanheim, Meyers (arguable), then Ghost?   Then the rest... Morin, Gus, Hagg, Prosser, equipment manager.

So what's it say about this team that they can waive their 4th best dman?   How the hell did they get to this point?  Huge cluster.  

7 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Sorry, I'll stop after this..... 

Ghost is the 4th best dman on this team currently?   Is that safe to say? 

Ivan, Sanheim, Meyers (arguable), then Ghost?   Then the rest... Morin, Gus, Hagg, Prosser, equipment manager.

So what's it say about this team that they can waive their 4th best dman?   How the hell did they get to this point?  Huge cluster.  

Imagine how bad a shape they would be if the Devils had took Ivan instead of Pavel Zacha...

13 minutes ago, Digityman said:

After reading more this is, imho, about AV being pissed about Ghost's comments the other night.

I think it is meant to "send a message" (see: Upshall to Arizona) and is probably tangentially related to the comments the other day.

I saw where it was Braun and Laughton who made the inspirational second period intermission speeches in Buffalo.

Braun. And Laughton.

Not sure I've ever heard of such a thing coming from the guys with the letters on their sweaters.

Odd.

🤔

Now all they need to do is play three lines against Buffalo for the rest of the season and they've got a soiid shot at the playoffs...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Everyone step away from the ledge!

I suspect this move was made to open the door to another move

If this helps facilitate a top 4 D man trade then I'm all for it.

Otherwise there are other options that they could have waived.

Ghost can still play next game though we'll see.

45 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I also heard this about Ghost, Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ghost pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I hope he pulls through

Bueller.....Bueller.....

• Like 1

Just now, radoran said:

I saw where it was Braun and Laughton who made the inspirational second period intermission speeches in Buffalo.

Braun. And Laughton.

Giroux said this last night to JJ/Jones after the OT winner.  Giroux said something like "I didn't say a word, Braun and Laughton spoke up...."   The fact that the leadership didn't says something.   Maybe Giroux/Jake/veterans all have tried a few times before and got nothing from it.

10 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Giroux said this last night to JJ/Jones after the OT winner.  Giroux said something like "I didn't say a word, Braun and Laughton spoke up...."   The fact that the leadership didn't says something.   Maybe Giroux/Jake/veterans all have tried a few times before and got nothing from it

Braun's a vet and Laughton's in his sixth year.

Not sure it's the best reflection if the team as a whole has tuned out the guys with the letters...

I turned it off after the game winner. I didn't want to hear from Giroux, either...

:hocky:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

But IF they really wanted to send a goddamn message then waive Jake Voracek punk ass!!!

sadly ...this is but a pipe dream ....he is considered one of the golden boys who do no wrong ....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

sadly ...this is but a pipe dream ....he is considered one of the golden boys who do no wrong ....

Oh I know 8.25 mill for him and the guy they just waived has as many goals as him and has played 6 less games.

A travesty this club is.

• Like 1